Community Member

Default Best way to get the augments I need ?

I'd like to fill some needs by using augments on some items, this way I can save some item slots. For example, featherfall is something that I'd like as augment, as well as some skill diamonds.

The problem is: I simply can't get my hands on augments.
    I have lots of pp, but no astral shard. And I don't want to spend more real money on shards just to be able to buy augments. I can't even find gianthold relics on AH anymore, so I can't buy them directly from gianthold traders.

So, what's the easiest way to get augments, considering I have enough pp, but no astral shards? Any way to convert pp to shards, for example?
    (Specially diamonds of skill, topaz of featherfall, sapphire of good luck, topaz of spell focus)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by lppmor View Post
    I'd like to fill some needs by using augments on some items, this way I can save some item slots. For example, featherfall is something that I'd like as augment, as well as some skill diamonds.

The problem is: I simply can't get my hands on augments.
    I have lots of pp, but no astral shard. And I don't want to spend more real money on shards just to be able to buy augments. I can't even find gianthold relics on AH anymore, so I can't buy them directly from gianthold traders.

So, what's the easiest way to get augments, considering I have enough pp, but no astral shards? Any way to convert pp to shards, for example?
    (Specially diamonds of skill, topaz of featherfall, sapphire of good luck, topaz of spell focus)
    In my experience augments as drop as pretty darn rare - far too are for my comfort but thats almost surely to promote buying them in the store.
    The GH relics you can simply farm though so thats not terribily hard and buying them on the AH isnt needed.
    Also, here is the list of augments you can get from vendors: http://ddowiki.com/page/Augment_Slot...sable_Augments

In short - you mostly go without unless you are willing to spent $$ or shards=$$ and thats certainly a core design decision.

Some augments are just plain rare right now. Any level 28 augment would be a small fortune due to rarity alone. An actual useful level 28 augment in plat value would be 2 mil minimum. However, you seem to be interested in other augments. Even if you don't have any direct access to gianthold relics from the auction, if you offer enough plat for the relic turnin augments you should be able to buy them easily. If you have the gianhold pack, perhaps some relic farming is something you could do in your spare time. Keep an eye on the AH for other lower tier augments like feather fall. They come up from time to time. I typically do a search for augments daily just to see if any rarer ones pop up for a good price. I've gotten quite a few this way though it takes some patience.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

Farming Gh relics is the way to go for level 12 & 16 augs, I also check the ah once per play session for any random deals. For featherfalling, just buy from DDO store; it's 50 TP for the level 4 augs, that's an easy farm. For the top level (24/28)... Farm the high level loot chests, bribe a blesser to help & most important: pug up some sacrificial Halflings to appease the loot gods! Good luck
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow