Community Member

Default European account transfer or reimbursement on US servers

Hi I used to play D&D for literally thousands of hours a few years ago and I wanted to get back to this Universe. I have the retail version of the game but I live in Europe and I know the European servers are down and that it was possible to transfer characters from EU servers to US, I'm wondering if that is still possible and if so what must I do. Or if it is possible to start from scratch with a brand new account on US with the use of my VIP product-key that I already have, I want to play but I don't think it's fair that I need to buy another copy of the game to be able to play it, or lose my VIP and veteran status because the EU servers are closed.

Regards Lord Otto Hunnestad

Quote Originally Posted by Rewws View Post
    Hi I used to play D&D for literally thousands of hours a few years ago and I wanted to get back to this Universe. I have the retail version of the game but I live in Europe and I know the European servers are down and that it was possible to transfer characters from EU servers to US, I'm wondering if that is still possible and if so what must I do. Or if it is possible to start from scratch with a brand new account on US with the use of my VIP product-key that I already have, I want to play but I don't think it's fair that I need to buy another copy of the game to be able to play it, or lose my VIP and veteran status because the EU servers are closed.

Regards Lord Otto Hunnestad
    Nobody has to buy the game.

VIP= you pay a Monthly subscription. there is no "I bought X so I'm a VIP"

I dont recall there ever being a Character Transfer from EU to US servers.... maybe there was.. If there was I doubt its still available... that was how many years ago now?
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Impaqt View Post
    I dont recall there ever being a Character Transfer from EU to US servers.... maybe there was.. If there was I doubt its still available... that was how many years ago now?
    Old EU player here. There was indeed a transfer and me and many other European players moved all our characters over to the US servers. This was in 2009 though, IIRC.

OP, unfortunately this transfer was a time-limited option. Your old characters are gone, but don´t be too sad about that, since apart from sentimental value they and their loot wouldn´t amount to much any longer. The game has changed and progressed very much since then.

Just make a Free to Play account, try the game, and if you like it you can either change to a VIP account (akin to what we had back then) or one of these new-fangled "premium" accounts the DDO-kids run around with these days (i.e. you buy content piecemeal).

Welcome back.
    Various hedge-wizards and halfwits, please see MyDDO for all your squelching needs
    Lyrandar 2006 - Devourer 2007 - Thelanis 2009 - Ghallanda 2010

2014 DDO Players Council Flavilandile's Avatar

Also a Former European here.

The transfer started in August 2010 actually ( sorry Razcar :P ), and was closed sometime in October 2010.

As Razcar said, a lot has changed since DDO:Stormreach, and it's really better to start fresh. The character have changed ( enhancement, Feats, Epic Levels ), The items have changed ( a lot ), the game itself has changed.
    Really, create an account, download the game, and just enjoy DDO as a Free to Play player.
    If you like it, you will be able to invest money into it, either by going VIP ( It's like the subscription we had in Europe, with a few more things ) or going Premium ( once you invest some money in the game to buy Turbine Points you will become Premium, with the Turbine Points you'll be able to buy a lot of things like adventure packs, character slots, account bank, and some items .... )
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...