Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Earth and and full time at work: I move 400 lb stainless steel Refrigerators with ease!

Angry Every year I get a raise.

Every year I get a raise.

Every year stuff gets more expensive. By Stuff I mean Insurance. I will not be specific about which ones, but there is a bunch of different types.

I keep making less and less per year even though I am getting raises because the rate hikes keep going up.

Just to be clear. My credit is good, I have been at my job for 5 years, I have never filed a claim for an accident nor have I ever been in one. My Driving Record is Perfect except for the speeding ticket I got 4 years ago. So my car Insurance I pay for yet never use. And what really grinds my gears and makes me angry is if my car needs repairs Insurance does not cover it. I have to pay for it myself. If I never use the insurance and pay up the wazzo for it then at least help me with my repairs right! Throw me some good faith money. Make me feel like I am not be ripped off.

I am in very good health. I don't smoke. I have health insurance because I have 3 kids and I have to have it. They are in good health and make all visits to the doctor as any other child would. Nothing out of the ordinary.

I have never filed a claim for my domicile yet I have insurance for that too.

Every year my raises are not enough to outpace the rate hikes.
    To look at it another way since the rate hikes keep outpacing my raises it breaks down to this: My car insurance basically takes one of my take home money paychecks per month. My health Insurance takes away 1.5 take home money paychecks per month. and My domicile insurance only takes away one pay check per year. Out of 52 weeks in a year and 52 paychecks I only get to keep 17! 35 of my paychecks per year is being taken from me and I am being ripped off! This is what is going on in America. It is not fair!

I really needed to vent and I appreciate this community.

I hope I did not break any forum rules.

Sincerely, zdragonz

Quote Originally Posted by zDragonz View Post
    Every year I get a raise.

Every year stuff gets more expensive. By Stuff I mean Insurance. I will not be specific about which ones, but there is a bunch of different types.

I keep making less and less per year even though I am getting raises because the rate hikes keep going up....

Combined with the cost of everything going up...

CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies ____ Monster Manual

Earth and and full time at work: I move 400 lb stainless steel Refrigerators with ease!

Cats keep us sane.

I have a cat too.

Cats are awesome!

Because you are a New World Order product: the S.L.A.V.E. model.

Quote Originally Posted by zDragonz View Post
    Make me feel like I am not being ripped off.
    You are paying for a service and you've lost track of what it is you're actually paying for. Make no mistake, all insurance is gambling:

If you go through life and don't have anything stolen or damaged, never have poor health, you've lost that gamble.

If you go through life and only have a few minor incidents occur to you then you've lost as well, you just haven't lost as much.

If bad luck hits you in a big way, then you've won the insurance gamble, hooray, sort of

So you're betting that a series of bad things will happen to you.

Of course you're not technically betting, you're paying for a service, that service is "peace of mind". It means you don't have to worry about the random bad things that happen to 'other' people. There's still plenty to worry about in the world and some of those things you can actually change, insurance allows you to focus on them.

...At least that's what I tell myself when the stupid ruddy insurance bills come around! <grrrrr> I hate it to, but I won't stop paying it, all I have to do is imagine all my bad luck dumping down on me at once AND I'm uninsured for me to go find the peace in being comprehensively insured. It's a love/hate relationship. Good luck!

Default I hate them only.

Quote Originally Posted by Daine View Post
    It's a love/hate relationship. Good luck!
    When my Kids were born I had to file claims with the company (I can't name it due to forums rules) to cover the cost of their births. Cost around 3 to 5 grand back then each time. They once tried to deny one. They actually tried to mess with me and deny the claim and they kept harassing me to pay it until I caught them in a lie and a contradiction. The Insurance lady over the phone immediately hung up when I exposed this. The claim got paid and that was the end of it. I didn't want to pursue the matter because I knew it would do me no good to fight such evil and I might get into big trouble for fighting such a huge evil that has the power to manipulate in such a way. Me as the little guy won that day, no fan fare, just a sense of self righteousness and I didn't feel glad. I felt sick about it and to this day that insurance company has probably done this to many others and hurt them very badly.

It's a hate relationship only. We cannot trust them. Yea they helped me but at the same time they tried to be evil about it. It is like they are shaking my hand with one hand and the other hand (behind their back) they are holding and hiding a knife in it.

We as a society must and have to file claims, yet they try to swindle us. How many honest folks do they mess with everyday and force them to pay claims that should have been paid by the Insurance company? Health insurance is the most evil.

Car insurance lumps us all in a category and bases are rates on what we drive. So even if I am a safe driver, other folks who drive the same car as mine are raising my rates by proxy. I don't trust the snap shot thing. I think I am being tracked and watched by big brother. It just seems convoluted to have a device that tracks me. They already know I am safe. So this one is a head scratcher.

But I do get the rest of what you are saying. I am glad that I am in good health, accident free and a nice warm bed to sleep in. But they really do not need to raise our rates so much. They are already rich enough. They need to stop being so evil. But I guess since their souls (my opinion) are already sold, why stop?! They could redeem their souls back if they lowered out rates to a level that is fair and actually stop thinking about ways to hurt society when they have this fake attitude they are helping us, when really they want to squeeze as much of our hard earned money they can and keep squeezing.
    Last edited by zDragonz; 09-27-2013 at 04:07 PM.

Get a couple kobald slaves

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

It's fun to charter an accountant
    And sail the wide accountancy,
    To find, explore the funds offshore
    And skirt the shoals of bankruptcy!

It can be manly in insurance.
    We'll up your premium semi-annually.
    It's all tax deductible.
    We're fairly incorruptible,
    We're sailing on the wide accountancy!

/MP off
    It's definitely an N-word.

At least you get a raise. Haven't had one in six years. I make less than I do when I started!
    Mangas Geronimo (Paladin) Grocery Baggs (Ranger) Naiche Geronimo (Cleric)

Guild - Orien's Rejects

OP,

I feel your pain. Insurance companies are there to make money. Period.
    I detest them.

Any kind of system that is designed to NOT pay as much as possible when people need it most is... well... contemptible.
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Dandonk View Post

It's all tax deductible.

/MP off
    Dammit, now I'm going to have to go home and watch that! And then, half way through it I will have to say "Hey! That's Max Headroom!" just like I do everytime!

And I always though that last line was "the wide accountant sea!" Which, given the bit, actually made sense... I have now learnificated.
    Bogenbroom's DDO Wishlist.......Tolero's guide to actionable feedback
    Bogenbroom's legion... 83 characters, 3 accounts, and 1 irate wife.

That sounds like an absolutely horrific system! Where in the world do you live that this is how it is?

I sincerely hope things improve for you.
    Last edited by enochiancub; 09-27-2013 at 12:19 PM.

Main: 18 Artificer, Thelanis

Community Member

Topic starter, i would like to comment in two ways:

1. Are you forced to pay for insurance? Can you stop paying them? (obviously if you kept money, you would pay costs if something bad happens, and if nothing bad happens, you wouldnt need to pay any cost at all).

2. Thank you for bringing this topic, most of the world (non-US) is constantly told and reminded by mass-media how good in USA (because of Democracy, which - along with Unseen Hand of Market - make everyone rich), basically they tell us its Heaven and best country in the world. And when i talk to US people in guild, most of them are poor despite working hard.
    Last edited by Kir1; 09-27-2013 at 12:22 PM.

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Bogenbroom View Post
    Dammit, now I'm going to have to go home and watch that! And then, half way through it I will have to say "Hey! That's Max Headroom!" just like I do everytime!

And I always though that last line was "the wide accountant sea!" Which, given the bit, actually made sense... I have now learnificated.
    LOL

And as for the text, this was just a version I found online, not sure if it's the official version or not. But I feel sure the accountancy/accountant-sea is a wordplay they made on purpose.
    It's definitely an N-word.

Community Member

Life is tough i feel ya..

Quote Originally Posted by Kir1 View Post
    Topic starter, i would like to comment in two ways:

1. Are you forced to pay for insurance? Can you stop paying them? (obviously if you kept money, you would pay costs if something bad happens, and if nothing bad happens, you wouldnt need to pay any cost at all).

2. Thank you for bringing this topic, most of the world (non-US) is constantly told and reminded by mass-media how good in USA (because of Democracy, which - along with Unseen Hand of Market - make everyone rich), basically they tell us its Heaven and best country in the world. And when i talk to US people in guild, most of them are poor despite working hard.
    1. first Q: It is the law.
    sub A. first Q: Yes, but a huge, inflicted fine if caught, we must pay for it with either jail time or buy ourselves out of it with money. Lawyers prey like cats on this genre. Nothing against cats, but a perfect analogy I must say so for myself.

sub B. first Q: Yes, a person who abides by the laws, is safe, is forced to decide between buying FOOD for his family or paying Car Insurance and decides that food is more important (lets car insurance default but is such a safe driver he/she is confident and might not ever get caught but can't sleep well at night (and every time he/she see headlights, at night, behind them thinks it is a cop and might be pulled over because one of the turn signals or headlights is out or just a feeling of a Police State. Then becomes a victim of a system that demands another fine. Some Judges might find sympathy for this one and dismiss the ticket. But we have to pay a court fee to do this and get a lawyer.But the lawyers only want cases that don't balance out. So to ask a Judge to dismiss the court fee is another hurdle. It is best to represent yourself in this matter....imo.
    Ever hear a lawyer in a commercial say you don't get paid unless we get paid? That is because they Cherry pick the cases.

2. Yes I am in the U.S. and I agree with your opinion on this, well said.

part II.

First question on Health insurance: A family man who has this benefits, but pays a lot! I mean A lot, lot, lot in Premiums! It is also best to Do your homework so as to not let let them try to swindle you and in theory it should work out in the long run. Do we not have to pay? Yes. But we might also then have to file bankruptcy. The Companies try and try to gouge this genre to the point of no return! It is sickening and always read the fine print.

A Singe person who has health insurance pays very little in premiums. Win, Win. But also pays huge taxes more than a family man who is able to claim so much on his taxes that he basically doesn't pay any taxes. Single people are punished for not having kids! This is BS too!

Can't get into any more details. It breaks forum rules.

Kr1 well said overall I like what you have made happen here. This topic just got more open and I think it pushes the envelope and is on ice, but not thin ice. The World needs to know. The fine line is being tickled. This discussion is so far, polite and in a civil manner thus far. I hope it remains this way.

If I have said anything to offend anyone then please let me know in a way that does not beak the rules in this forum. So we can discuss some more.
    Last edited by zDragonz; 09-27-2013 at 10:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan_Milic View Post
    This is topical and I like it.

Dream is the name of the Dog.
    Last edited by zDragonz; 09-27-2013 at 11:53 PM. Reason: I don't like that this had to be made. This cartoon is spot on, but shameful too.

Quote Originally Posted by Dandonk View Post

It's all tax deductible.

/MP off
    Offshore accounts do not have the power they once did. It was too corruptible and the Humanitarian laws of the World stopped this from happening. It is not so easy as it once was to have a bank account in Switzerland. I think Switzerland sold a lot of their gold and lost this privilege.

Quote Originally Posted by kned225 View Post
    Get a couple kobald slaves
    Some names have been changed to protect the innocent.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast