Default spell dc- how much is needed?

how much dc do i need now for end game to cc stuff in game(apart from spell pen)? (cap 28 now i believe)

p.s. my druid have 42 evocation dc.. is that enough for end game stuff?( already twist all possible source of evocation dc)

Quote Originally Posted by burningwind View Post
    how much dc do i need now for end game to cc stuff in game(apart from spell pen)? (cap 28 now i believe)

p.s. my druid have 42 evocation dc.. is that enough for end game stuff?( already twist all possible source of evocation dc)
    It all depends if your end game is Epic Elite, or lower difficulties.
    For EE, you'll want 65+ DC on spells that target fort saves, and 5 to 10 lower for spells targetting will or reflex.
    For lower diffs, 42 is enough.
    Owy Evoker FvS / Praledric Completionist Qstaff Rogue/Monk/Druid / Laraeph DC Wizard / Laraelph AA Monk/Ranger/Pally / Gaenry Shiradi Sorc/FvS/Wiz / Reasis SWF Pally & numerous others
    The Leveller for DDO!

Quote Originally Posted by -Zephyr- View Post
    It all depends if your end game is Epic Elite, or lower difficulties.
    For EE, you'll want 65+ DC on spells that target fort saves, and 5 to 10 lower for spells targetting will or reflex.
    For lower diffs, 42 is enough.
    is it even possible to get 65 dc on a druid? i could get to 50.. if i try really hard with temp buff.. but 65 is just way over...

My FvS reached 65 evocation, and isn't maxed out yet either... It has to be possible on a druid, too. Be ready to farm past lives, gear and destinies tho.
    Owy Evoker FvS / Praledric Completionist Qstaff Rogue/Monk/Druid / Laraeph DC Wizard / Laraelph AA Monk/Ranger/Pally / Gaenry Shiradi Sorc/FvS/Wiz / Reasis SWF Pally & numerous others
    The Leveller for DDO!

2014 DDO Players Council

is it even possible to get 65 dc on a druid? i could get to 50.. if i try really hard with temp buff.. but 65 is just way over...
    A first-life Druid could get a sustainable 64 Evocation DC, or a 69 with a bunch of past lives. See https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...heory-crafting That' with a LOT of gear, though.

My character's not a Druid; my main Evo spell targets Fort, not Reflex, so not sure how that compares. Also, Earthquake being persistent helps; even if they save once, you can run them through it again.

But, for me, a 66 DC vs. mob's Fort seldom lands in EE Storm Horns, but is fairly effective everywhere else, including EE Wheloon and EE Gianthold.
    Last edited by SirValentine; 09-21-2013 at 05:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SirValentine View Post
    Also, Earthquake being persistent helps; even if they save once, you can run them through it again.
    That, and once they're down, mobs have to make two saves to get back up from earthquake.
    The Leveller for DDO!

Community Member

So I'm a relative newbie, been playing for a while but still have some aspects of the game to learn. This is one of them - how do you know how much DC you have in any school without keeping a log on pen and paper?

2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Sinene View Post
    So I'm a relative newbie, been playing for a while but still have some aspects of the game to learn. This is one of them - how do you know how much DC you have in any school without keeping a log on pen and paper?
    Many spells & abilities will show their DC in a tooltip if you hover your cursor over them in your hotbar.

Some don't, such as Implosion. For that, I just know that my Implosion DC will be the same as my Blade Barrier DC, which is displayed, since both are Evocation.

Quote Originally Posted by SirValentine View Post
    A first-life Druid could get a sustainable 64 Evocation DC, or a 69 with a bunch of past lives. See https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...heory-crafting That' with a LOT of gear, though.

My character's not a Druid; my main Evo spell targets Fort, not Reflex, so not sure how that compares. Also, Earthquake being persistent helps; even if they save once, you can run them through it again.

But, for me, a 66 DC vs. mob's Fort seldom lands in EE Storm Horns, but is fairly effective everywhere else, including EE Wheloon and EE Gianthold.
    hmm thx oh well.. guess am not a ee type =P i rather just play eh.. thats just way too much trouble..

hmm thx oh well.. guess am not a ee type =P i rather just play eh.. thats just way too much trouble..
    Dude you can use your mantle of the icy soul with icestorm for -4 reflex and fort debuff + the mantle icestorm combo makes mobs real slow, mantle + icestorm + earthquake = win. Start doing ee motu get your favor build your toon from there.
    Argonnessen: Hilmir - Purkilius - Jinu - Vignir @ Blood Assassin´s

Quote Originally Posted by Sokól View Post
    Dude you can use your mantle of the icy soul with icestorm for -4 reflex and fort debuff + the mantle icestorm combo makes mobs real slow, mantle + icestorm + earthquake = win. Start doing ee motu get your favor build your toon from there.
    This is good advice, but don't forget that druids also get a enhancement that allows them a chance to apply a shaken affect, earthquake can quickly apply this affect.

Another really nice combo for druids for single target crowd control is a ice spell followed by one of your two light spells that blinds the mob. A blinded mob is almost as low a threat as a mob thats been earthquaked.