Thread: In the Flesh

Default In the Flesh

Did "In the Flesh/Harborview lofts" get nerfed? I ran it tonight on elite with a PUG that I didn't think was going to complete it. Figured what the heck, I've got nothing better to do anyway... A decent cleric, a so/so monk that died twice in missing, a first life newb rogue with 250hp, my bad mofo self, and a fighter. No arcane, although my druid can pretend to be one reasonably well.

At any rate, we had no deaths at all. The end fight was downright easy. It seemed like there were a lot less mobs than normal. It's not unusual to have a couple deaths in the last fight, and I've seen several complete wipes.

I'm just wondering if it's been toned down as it is well known for being a difficult boss fight.
    Last edited by AzB; 09-21-2013 at 12:45 AM.

Community Member

Few guesses: They may have nerfed it, though i doubt this.
    The group knew what to do and had good damage so while the boss was vulnerable they made the most of it, and put him back to vulnerable quicker.
    You got lucky on spawns and saves against them during boss fight, few mind flayers popping up to stun half the group while a beholder anti magics the rest can wipe you.

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

Last life Dantig ran it duo with a guildie for streak, first time in a long time I've run it. And yes, I found it suspiciously easy, too. Not very many mobs spawning at all.
    It's definitely an N-word.

Quote Originally Posted by Dandonk View Post
    Last life Dantig ran it duo with a guildie for streak, first time in a long time I've run it. And yes, I found it suspiciously easy, too. Not very many mobs spawning at all.
    Had a nasty run last night. Took 5 negs (what's this dw you mention?), then got disintegrated (lack of fort).

Legend group with terrible will saves -> wiped.

Ran it again today, remembered dw, no issues. Not a solitary death. Not sure whether to dismiss last night as bad luck or today as good luck.

Community Member

Ran it in a PUG the other night not expecting much; I died once in the end fight but that was the only death. We chalked it up to paralyzing arrows (2 rangers in the group) and general competence at taking out the flayers and beholders quick.

There did seem to be less trash on elite, so maybe it got tweaked.

Quote Originally Posted by FrancisP.Fancypants View Post
    Ran it in a PUG the other night not expecting much; I died once in the end fight but that was the only death. We chalked it up to paralyzing arrows (2 rangers in the group) and general competence at taking out the flayers and beholders quick.

There did seem to be less trash on elite, so maybe it got tweaked.
    The quantity of the trash is less troublesome to most than the fact that there are lots of buff-dispelling beholders.
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane