Default Good quarterstaffs? Any other advice for a DEX 20-Rogue Acrobat quarterstaffer?

For fun, I 20+ LR'ed a toon into a DEX based 20-Rogue. My plan is Thief Acrobat quarterstaff user. I have cleaves, whirlwind, toughness and other defense feats and most of the thief acrobat enhancements. I'm planning on role playing it real sneaky, keeping it moving with tumbles, etc., and yet, smacking mobs with a stick a lot. I don't have a free respec at this point. I have bluff maxed and sly attack enhancements. I'm hoping I can manage aggro, deal some nice sneak attack damage, kill mobs and stay alive.

Any advice for a 20-Rogue DEX build? Acrobat info?

My best quarterstaff seems to be the Stout Oak from the Druid traders, which does not amaze and duplicates some of my enhancements like slippery surface immunities. I looked through the new enhancement loot and did not spot any new quarterstaffs. I made this respec a few days ago and haven't been hot to try it out so I don't know yet how it will work.

Any good random, crafting or named quarterstaffs I should seek out?

Thank you in advance for information,
    Oliphant

Quote Originally Posted by Oliphant View Post
    For fun, I 20+ LR'ed a toon into a DEX based 20-Rogue. My plan is Thief Acrobat quarterstaff user. I have cleaves, whirlwind, toughness and other defense feats and most of the thief acrobat enhancements. I'm planning on role playing it real sneaky, keeping it moving with tumbles, etc., and yet, smacking mobs with a stick a lot. I don't have a free respec at this point. I have bluff maxed and sly attack enhancements. I'm hoping I can manage aggro, deal some nice sneak attack damage, kill mobs and stay alive.

Any advice for a 20-Rogue DEX build? Acrobat info?

My best quarterstaff seems to be the Stout Oak from the Druid traders, which does not amaze and duplicates some of my enhancements like slippery surface immunities. I looked through the new enhancement loot and did not spot any new quarterstaffs. I made this respec a few days ago and haven't been hot to try it out so I don't know yet how it will work.

Any good random, crafting or named quarterstaffs I should seek out?

Thank you in advance for information,
    Oliphant
    http://ddowiki.com/page/Sireth
    NESALOMLJIVI, Thelanis

For random loot drops, I would look for the "Deception" suffix items (for the boost to bluff/sneak attack). The "Telekinetic" prefix would be fun, as would "Unbalancing", "Crippling," etc. More fun suffixes: Parrying, Enfeebling, Slowburst, Sneak Attack bonus (of course), Vertigo, etc.

For named items, check out the qstaff section here:
    http://ddowiki.com/page/Named_weapons_by_type

If it were me (and we'd possibly play your Dex-based Acrobat Rogue differently, so take with a grain of salt), I'd want any one of these: Chieftain's Spear, Drow Quarterstaff of the Weapon Master, (Epic) Staff of Nat Gann, Rahl's Might, or Sireth.
    Altoholic, barrel-smasher, flower-sniffer, 90% solo-er.
    Khyber: Sianys (30 Tempest), Heldre (20 Warpriest); Argonessen: Thalys (18 Ranger), Alansa (24 Mechanic); Sarlona: Liilana (30 Knight of the Chalice); Thelanis: Berda (20 Fighter); Ghallanda: Rahelle (12 Wiz/3 Rogue ); Cannith: Dhia Dhuit (18 Druid)

Community Member

Staff of the shadow.. You can self heal!

I've got a staff for every flavor. Still trying to get my mitts on a adamantine one for those pesky golems. Right now at lvl 11 I use mostly my acid staff of deception if vulnerable to sneak attack, I use my flaming staff of destruction on fire vulnerable undead, my shrieking staff of ghost bane vs undead in general, my frost quarter staff of rib cracking vs cold vulnerable, nat ganns staff for those pesky vampires and silver dr guys, my home made shock staff of every right vs oozes and rusties, and when all else fails and it can bleed? Chieftains spear. When I get to lvl 12 I'm going for the staff of shadow as my main weapon.. And I'm hoping I get witching hour when I do shadow crypt.

I started as pure rogue but when I got to lvl 10 I accidentally used a +1 lesser heart so I added 1 monk lvl and I'm currently 9rog/2monk using henshin mystic.. Their synergy is amazing.
    Last edited by EssenceofEvil; 09-22-2013 at 07:27 AM.

As already mentioned, Sireth is the best darn stick in the game.

In addition, Dreampiercer from Fall of Truth is nice with the crit range expansion of Acrobat, as it lets you go woo-woo.

Stout Oak, however, is pretty solid until you get one or both of those options.
    Order of the Silver Dragons||Argonessen
    Vratch||~Terevorn~||Ignys||Zofya||Virochka
    Theologians don't know nothin' about my soul.

If the stout oak doesn't amaze, it's because you're only looking at the enchantments & not the damage & crit profile - 2[2d6] with a x3 crit profile means its basically the same as swinging around an epic greataxe, and you can pile on more crit multipliers, +[W] effects etc. depending on your exact build & destiny setups - can't remember exactly where it is, but someone did some calculations & it can potentially come out ahead of the epic sword of shadows in pure smacking-around capability
    I don't mean to come across as unsympathetic - but I am, so I do.

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyDuck81 View Post
    If the stout oak doesn't amaze, it's because you're only looking at the enchantments & not the damage & crit profile - 2[2d6] with a x3 crit profile means its basically the same as swinging around an epic greataxe, and you can pile on more crit multipliers, +[W] effects etc. depending on your exact build & destiny setups - can't remember exactly where it is, but someone did some calculations & it can potentially come out ahead of the epic sword of shadows in pure smacking-around capability
    stout oak already has impact and is 19-20
    esos has no keen and is 18-20

never will be even close to sos

to the op: drain lvl on crit with dreamspitter/dreampiercer > pure damage u can do, also use legendary dreadnought, more crits = more drain lvls

monk lvls for incorporeal and higher attack speed is great (also henshyn tier 5> acrobat tier 5)
    psykopeta is finally baconpletionist because there isn't anything to delay it more - thelanis, where the gimps claim to be pros and noobs claim to be pros, no newbies allowed(unless they claim to be pros), we have enough drama w/o them. PS: I post only in the latest thread shown in main page, in the weird case u want something from me, feel free to send pm

Quote Originally Posted by psykopeta View Post
    stout oak already has impact and is 19-20
    esos has no keen and is 18-20

never will be even close to sos

to the op: drain lvl on crit with dreamspitter/dreampiercer > pure damage u can do, also use legendary dreadnought, more crits = more drain lvls

monk lvls for incorporeal and higher attack speed is great (also henshyn tier 5> acrobat tier 5)
    Never said it was at base, but its stacking multiple effects with the right build for damage & speed that make it better & why the quarterstaff monk/rogues are so popular now
    Earth stance 3 or 4: +1
    Henshin/Acrobat t5 - +1 base crit range & +1 crit multiplier
    Acrobat attack speed: +15%
    Haste boost: +30%
    Lighting the candle (stance): 1d8 Fire damage each hit & 3d10 Force damage on crit

A few nice attacks too:
    Quick strike: +25% doublestrike for 10 secs, 12sec cooldown
    Sly flourish: attack with +3 crit threat
    Fists of iron: attack with +2[W], +1 crit multiplier & +1 crit threat

That's not even mentioning the stuff from epic levels, including but not limited to:
    Overwhelming criticals feat: +1
    A dance of flowers from GMoF: +1.5[w] while centered
    Plus stuff from either fury or legendary dreadnaught destiny to hit even harder.
    I don't mean to come across as unsympathetic - but I am, so I do.

From Wisconsin, Live in Iowa, Vist Wisconsin

The old faithful Radiance Green Steel (holy fire) is still hard to beat-

When the mob is blind - you get sneak attack dmg...
    Sarlona - Guildmaster - Brotherhood of Redemption - ddoborguild.com - 2016 & 2017 Players Council --- Alts: Acetylene, Antimematter, CNG, Dilithium Crystal, EMF, EMPulse, Exothermic, Geothermal, Hexane, Hexyne, Hydropower, JA, Kerosene, LPG, Natural Gas, Nuclearpower, Propane, Solarpannel, Tidalpower, WASOB, Waulter, Windpower, Woodpile

Make a triple Positive GS staff for skellie bashing.
    Kill'em all and let their favorite deity sort'em out
    BoloGrubb / DJgrubb / Gijo

http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Theurgic_Stave

Slotted with at-level elemental damage and with Staff Specialization and a decent amount of extra damage (from Trees, Power Attack, Deadly item or Dex/Str), this surpasses a Lit2 Qstaff.
    Last edited by karl_k0ch; 09-29-2013 at 12:31 PM.
    Toons on Orien: Meinir // Flodur // Twiddler // Thorkar // Impetor // Juliacantor // Minor all Soko Irrlicht
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We may or may not intentionally insert in red herrings, purple mackerels, or horses of different colors. Void where prohibited. Not available in all planes of existence.

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyDuck81 View Post
    Never said it was at base, but its stacking multiple effects with the right build for damage & speed that make it better & why the quarterstaff monk/rogues are so popular now
    Earth stance 3 or 4: +1
    Henshin/Acrobat t5 - +1 base crit range & +1 crit multiplier
    Acrobat attack speed: +15%
    Haste boost: +30%
    Lighting the candle (stance): 1d8 Fire damage each hit & 3d10 Force damage on crit

A few nice attacks too:
    Quick strike: +25% doublestrike for 10 secs, 12sec cooldown
    Sly flourish: attack with +3 crit threat
    Fists of iron: attack with +2[W], +1 crit multiplier & +1 crit threat

That's not even mentioning the stuff from epic levels, including but not limited to:
    Overwhelming criticals feat: +1
    A dance of flowers from GMoF: +1.5[w] while centered
    Plus stuff from either fury or legendary dreadnaught destiny to hit even harder.
    sounds to me that only the 15% speed and the tier 5 from henshin are exclusive to staves

and if staffs were so good, u would see more builds using em ,the fact is they're not even close to an esos, because they have 2 perks (speed and tier 5) and lose the big one (18-20 threat base)

also did i see it right? theurgic> lit2? omfg, only when augments are good for that, and in that case u won't be using heroic weapons lol

also a triple pos for undead purposes is great, i made my undead beater for all melee lives a staff, no need for feats nor centered, nothing, works alone
    psykopeta is finally baconpletionist because there isn't anything to delay it more - thelanis, where the gimps claim to be pros and noobs claim to be pros, no newbies allowed(unless they claim to be pros), we have enough drama w/o them. PS: I post only in the latest thread shown in main page, in the weird case u want something from me, feel free to send pm

Quote Originally Posted by psykopeta View Post
    also did i see it right? theurgic> lit2? omfg, only when augments are good for that, and in that case u won't be using heroic weapons lol
    I'm referring to ML16 augments, not epic ones. For ML 12 items, the extra damage required is slightly higher. it's just the difference between a 17-20x3 and a 15-20x3 weapon.

Would you mind to venture deeper into your omfg?
    Toons on Orien: Meinir // Flodur // Twiddler // Thorkar // Impetor // Juliacantor // Minor all Soko Irrlicht
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We may or may not intentionally insert in red herrings, purple mackerels, or horses of different colors. Void where prohibited. Not available in all planes of existence.

Thank you all for the great information so far! I've been testing out the 20 Rogue acrobat DEX build and it's working well. The stout oak is definitely a decent weapon. Full disclosure, I'm not the kill leader usually. But I'm laying out decent damage on mobs with a quick attack speed and I'm staying alive. I have endless cleaves or a focused and deadly double strike effect for the strays. The only death so far was in Shroud elite phase V. I need to optimize my gear still, although its decent now. But with the right combo, I can still boost protection, dodge, resistance, ac, natural armor and double strike a bit, for starters.