(Tried to get some answers here, but it isn't read much apparently, so I decided to open a new thread)
As a long-time semi-casual premium player sitting on a lot of unused TPs, I'm thinking about getting some of the adventure packs on sale (oh, how I miss the 35-50% discounts...), but I'm having an hard time choosing which packs to purchase
Right now, I have (pack(level range)):
Atk on Stormreach (13)
Path of Inspiration (18)
Dreaming Dark (19-20)
ES Challenges (15-30)
Based on the EllisDee pack review thread, the best to purchase right now would be (ordered by level):
- Sentinels (7-8)
- VoN (8-10)
- Fens (9)
- GH (13-14)
- Necro4 (14-17)
- Harbinger (15)
While I have enough TP to buy most of them, I'm unfortunately forced to play on a really low budget for the time being due to RL issues, so it'd be important to know the packs I should prioritize and the ones I should skip or wait for a better sale.
A Little info about my mindset/play-style:
- I pug most of the time (hate soloing);
- I prefer diversity in quest content (don't like running many hack&slash quests in a row);
- I usually don't raid (not enough time to solo learn raids, and pug groups usually just zerg through them and expect me to know their details);
- I never TR'ed until now (might do it on some of my toons when Epic TR arrives, but just 2nd-3rd life max.);
- Although I like good XP/loot like everyone else, I usually choose quest quality over stats/numbers (I prefer running unique and fun dungeons with no notable loot or xp than going through boring/repetitive good-xp ones, as long as I can easily get a group for them);
- I don't farm quests for XP or completion rewards, unless absolutely needed;
- I tend to run caster/cc or caster-hybrids builds (wiz/bard/druid/divines, sometimes w/ rogue splashes);
- I have toons scattered throughout all the level-ranges (from lv4 to lv22).
Fens and VoN seem like the most fun, but I'd like to get some advice having my playstyle and budget constraints in mind (I'd hate to get too many of the packs without needing them, and lacking the TP's to get an important future pack or sale). I like Artificers a lot too, so Secrets could be a nice way of unlocking the class, but I have no idea how much effort is needed to unlock it, or how hard it is to get a group for Secrets quests and Eberron challenges (I've never seen any group running cannith challenges in LFM panel...).
Thanks in advance (and sorry for the long post).