Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

No, what we actually need is:
    1. lower saves on EE (not by a lot)
    2. an extra step added to acquiring epic levels wherein you may select 1 of any of the classes you have ranks in for your epic level to count as a level of that class for the purpose of advancing class-dependent benefits (Caster Level, class level for DCs, damage from smite evil, etc...)
    3. Some new items that grant as much of a bonus to class-based, DC-based abilities as we have Spell Focus items (so, we should have available some item with up to a +5 bonus to Assassinate and other rogue abilities, Quivering Palm and other monk abilities, etc...)
    4. A way for some monsters to be more resistant to insta-kill spells than they are to similar abilities (and anything else with a Fort save); such as by changing Death Ward to function in a similar way to the change to poison/disease, granting a bonus to saves vs. death spells (no auto-fail on 1), and immunity to level drain. That way, if the devs don't want something killed too easily by a caster, they don't also have to essentially nerf Assassinate, Stunning Fist/Blow, finishing moves, poisons, Flesh to Stone, Greater Shout, etc...
    Useful links: A Guide to Using a Gamepad w/ DDO / All Caster Shroud, Hard Shroud, VoD, ToD Einhander, Elochka, Ferrumrym, Ferrumdermis, Ferrumshot, Ferrumblood, Ferrumender, Ferrumshadow, Ferrumschtik All proud officers of The Loreseekers. Except Bruucelee, he's a Sentinel!

In the green heart of GERMANY - where wilderness means the next village is 3 klicks away.

Quote Originally Posted by sephiroth1084 View Post
    No, what we actually need is:
    1. lower saves on EE (not by a lot)
    2. an extra step added to acquiring epic levels wherein you may select 1 of any of the classes you have ranks in for your epic level to count as a level of that class for the purpose of advancing class-dependent benefits (Caster Level, class level for DCs, damage from smite evil, etc...)
    3. Some new items that grant as much of a bonus to class-based, DC-based abilities as we have Spell Focus items (so, we should have available some item with up to a +5 bonus to Assassinate and other rogue abilities, Quivering Palm and other monk abilities, etc...)
    4. A way for some monsters to be more resistant to insta-kill spells than they are to similar abilities (and anything else with a Fort save); such as by changing Death Ward to function in a similar way to the change to poison/disease, granting a bonus to saves vs. death spells (no auto-fail on 1), and immunity to level drain. That way, if the devs don't want something killed too easily by a caster, they don't also have to essentially nerf Assassinate, Stunning Fist/Blow, finishing moves, poisons, Flesh to Stone, Greater Shout, etc...
    /signed.

these are some very good proposals.
    Erzskalde (Warchanter) / Erzmarschall (melee FvS) / Erzsoldat (waiting for TR-time) / Erzschmied (ranged Artificer)

AOK - From Argonnessen

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FlaviusMaximus View Post
    I think the DDO developers have done an excellent job of making Quivering Punch a useful ability with the Update 19 changes that allow shattering items to increase the DC, and I think it's time to give Assassinate the same treatment.
    Besides enhancements cost of AP.... What does assassinate cost you? It doesn't cost SP or Ki that I'm aware of. It just as a timer and you have to be in sneek. And people can move around pretty darn fast now.

QP costs Ki, and if you QP a lot, you.. pretty much won't be able to just sit and wait like an assassin can. Also previous to that change there was no item besides stat that could up your DC. Assassinate had a few ways, but not many.

So I'm really not seeing much of a good reason for the same treatment.

Now that being said, I'd not be against seeing augment gems that could raise assassinate DCs, or even an additional ablity added to poison weapon effects that would up the DC.

Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    Besides enhancements cost of AP.... What does assassinate cost you? It doesn't cost SP or Ki that I'm aware of. It just as a timer and you have to be in sneek. And people can move around pretty darn fast now.

QP costs Ki, and if you QP a lot, you.. pretty much won't be able to just sit and wait like an assassin can. Also previous to that change there was no item besides stat that could up your DC. Assassinate had a few ways, but not many.

So I'm really not seeing much of a good reason for the same treatment.

Now that being said, I'd not be against seeing augment gems that could raise assassinate DCs, or even an additional ablity added to poison weapon effects that would up the DC.
    Ki cost is laughable.

Walmart have better excuses on sale, shop around and get back to us.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123