Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by LupusVai View Post
    Its a ring also has +13 open lock on it.
    Yes, you're right. But I suppose you also don't know if it stacks with EMG?

The Hatchery

Quote Originally Posted by DunkleNymphe View Post
    Assassins kill patiently and quietly.

So, yes, assassins do not charge into a group of mobs and flail around and kill.
    So, yes, you're supposed to kill a single target, sneak away, wait, kill the next target.

Anyone who doesn't understand that, simply plays damage dealing rogue with assassin enhancements, but not a true assassin.
    You can kill more mobs in Assassinate's 15 second cooldown than you can with Assassinate. You should still be using Assassinate whenever possible to kill mobs, but not when other people are in combat.

Measure the Foe is only good when shortmanning (which is the best way to play DDO: full, balanced parties are boring as hell), soloing, or when you're walking through a hallway and there's no mobs around.

The Hatchery

What we really need is more items that give a bonus to Assassinate DC.

As great a weapon as eMG is, I'm kind of sick of using nothing but it for over two years now.

So, yes, assassins do not charge into a group of mobs and flail around and kill.
    So, yes, you're supposed to kill a single target, sneak away, wait, kill the next target.

Anyone who doesn't understand that, simply plays damage dealing rogue with assassin enhancements, but not a true assassin.
    So a true assassin just pikes around and presses a single button every 15s?

During this 15s he does not use scrolls for healing/rezing/buffing ppl, do traps or sneak attack mobs?

You know I've seen such assassins a few times in game and we all though they were newbs. But now i know those are real assassins - thanks for clarifying.
    NESALOMLJIVI, Thelanis

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Qezuzu View Post
    You can kill more mobs in Assassinate's 15 second cooldown than you can with Assassinate. You should still be using Assassinate whenever possible to kill mobs, but not when other people are in combat.

Measure the Foe is only good when shortmanning (which is the best way to play DDO: full, balanced parties are boring as hell), soloing, or when you're walking through a hallway and there's no mobs around.
    When people are in combat already, of course an assassin is NOT EXPECTED to sit around idly.

So that is not what I meant. I meant that an assassin is supposed to hide and kill while avoiding combat whenever possible. Once the combat has started, there is apparently no point in hiding anymore.

However, I object to your statement that full balanced parties are boring. This is an MMO. Well, it should be, at least. I think it is kinda sad that so many quests can be soloed. Quests at higher difficulty than casual should not be completable solo.

Community Member FlaviusMaximus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Qezuzu View Post
    What we really need is more items that give a bonus to Assassinate DC.

As great a weapon as eMG is, I'm kind of sick of using nothing but it for over two years now.
    Using the Midnight's Greetings does get old, doesn't it? More items that give higher DC bonuses to Assassinate are a good idea indeed.

Default So.....

I agree on the point that more items then the shadar-kai and Epic Midnight Greetings should increase assassinate DC. That being said counting the +5 boost from waiting a few seconds my rogue currently hits a 68 dc without the use of yugo pots or store pots and really I can kill any mob I want other than Orc Berserkers in the Stormhorn quests and some giants.

I also think that turbine is not going to nerf mob saves at all in EE because what does that do other than keep our current gear relevant where before we only had +3 to spell dc's and +10 to combat dc's in terms of putting new loot in the game for us to chase.

Bowserkoopa,

Assassin's for when you can't find that lawful monk who is ok with killing random people. Now through October 31st visit your friendly assassin's guild for 10% off your next assassination contract.

Keeper of Keenbean's Heart

Quote Originally Posted by Vyrtigo View Post
    Assassin's for when you can't find that lawful monk who is ok with killing random people. Now through October 31st visit your friendly assassin's guild for 10% off your next assassination contract.
    Do you take Master Card?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    Do you take Master Card?
    Half of the card as advance, the other half after the mark is dead.

Default Yes

Do you take Master Card?
    Sure why not but we prefer the Bowserkoopa American Express card don't leave 8-4 without it.

Bowserkoopa,

Apparently I run the assassin's guild on top of leading the Koopa Troopa's

Quote Originally Posted by Vyrtigo View Post
    Apparently I run the assassin's guild on top of leading the Koopa Troopa's
    After the recent "incidents" with the Pale Masters, that's pretty accurate.

Default Well now that you mention it

After the recent "incidents" with the Pale Masters, that's pretty accurate.
    Upon reflection that does seem to be the case, I'll have to delegate most of the responsibilities to Shadowkoopa though since well..he's one of those rogue things and all.

Bowserkoopa,

Now hiring assassins to slay lawful type monks, and anyone else you want who isn't on our "safe" list

The Hatchery

However, I object to your statement that full balanced parties are boring.
    It's boring because it's easy and predictable.

I take my friends, ignore composition and just head on in. The most fun I've ever had was a party of three rogues.

Some random rock hurdling through the universe to who knows where...

Quote Originally Posted by FlaviusMaximus View Post
    I think the DDO developers have done an excellent job of making Quivering Punch a useful ability with the Update 19 changes that allow shattering items to increase the DC, and I think it's time to give Assassinate the same treatment. My Assassin is retired right now, but my half-assed calculations tell me that a DC of 60 is around what an intelligence based Assassin can achieve without anything silly like a yugo pot or a +2 to all stats bard song.

If my calculations are completely off and your Assassin is able to get a low 70s Assassinate DC, then please let me know so I can revise or remove this thread. Otherwise, I think a 70+ DC is what should be attainable for an int based, full sneak mode, pure level 20 Rogue Assassin.
    Check the Hassan's Assassin link in my sig for the kind of assassin that you are looking for. 69 DC assassinate without major sacrifice of dps or survivability.

And yes, he does use yugo pots, but that's because yugo pots are reasonable. The favor is easy enough to get and they only cost plat which is not a problem to acquire at the levels in which yugo pots are available. They also last for a full 15 minutes, so it's not like they're a short term buff.

It's store pots, house d pots, cookies, bard song, etc. which are unreasonable because they either cost real money, are of limited quantity and therefore unsustainable over time, or require someone else to provide you with the buff. Yugo pots don't fit any of those categories.
    Totally Bass Ackwards ~ int based/heavy armored pure tempest<>The Count of Monte Cristo ~ dps/CC/survivability focused pure swashbuckler<>Santa's Little Slayer ~ dragonmarked elf centered kensai<>Hassan's Assassin ~ 76 DC/dps/survivability focused human assassin<>Dubbell O'Seven ~ casting/ranged WF artificer

Quote Originally Posted by CThruTheEgo View Post
    And yes, he does use yugo pots, but that's because yugo pots are reasonable. The favor is easy enough to get and they only cost plat which is not a problem to acquire at the levels in which yugo pots are available. They also last for a full 15 minutes, so it's not like they're a short term buff.
    Don't those also come with a full 15 minutes of -50% to your fortification?

http://ddowiki.com/page/Essence_of_Betrayal
    (that link shows all the Yugo pots)

I'm at 140% fort now and not too keen on dropping to 90%.

The Dex pots look interesting.

I have never actually used these, so please correct me if this is incorrect info.

Some random rock hurdling through the universe to who knows where...

Quote Originally Posted by Cap_Man View Post
    Don't those also come with a full 15 minutes of -50% to your fortification?

http://ddowiki.com/page/Essence_of_Betrayal
    (that link shows all the Yugo pots)

I'm at 140% fort now and not too keen on dropping to 90%.

The Dex pots look interesting.

I have never actually used these, so please correct me if this is incorrect info.
    Correct. Over 100% fort is readily available on items now though. Along with 40% from brace for impact the fort penalty is a non-issue.
    Totally Bass Ackwards ~ int based/heavy armored pure tempest<>The Count of Monte Cristo ~ dps/CC/survivability focused pure swashbuckler<>Santa's Little Slayer ~ dragonmarked elf centered kensai<>Hassan's Assassin ~ 76 DC/dps/survivability focused human assassin<>Dubbell O'Seven ~ casting/ranged WF artificer

Been spamming Lamannia threads everytime an Update with new items is up for different and better items that gives +Assassinate DC.

No Developer ever gave a **** about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rys View Post
    Severlin and Severlin Online. PLAY FOR FREE* NOW!

*maybe
    Farwil, Chaos Gamblers - Argonessen.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizza View Post
    Been spamming Lamannia threads everytime an Update with new items is up for different and better items that gives +Assassinate DC.

No Developer ever gave a **** about it.
    Why would they? Rogue is a F2P class. Need to sell more monks in the store.

Community Member

Yes, you're right. But I suppose you also don't know if it stacks with EMG?
    I've done around 200 runs of bargain of blood trying to get the part to finish an emg with no luck, so couldn't say. ;-p (all though was making it for another character anyway)

Community Member

/not signed.
    Assassinate works fine as it is.
    And what you're looking for is already there: Measure The Foe.

My rogue is only lvl 25 and not too focused on INT - but she get's a 53 DC already.

So when doing anything that is actually challenging, you sneak up to it, fail to assassinate because 53 DC will very rarely work on anything EE GH and beyond, and then you pike the rest of the time? That is awesome, really.

I am glad to see that you understand playing rogues so well!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast