Thread: New Sagas

Community Member

Default New Sagas

I few questions about the new sagas.

Some quests are in more than 1 saga (many of Horton Waxley's quests are the same as Antone Corluk's quests (both are heroic). Is if possible to get both quest series and do the quests just once while completing both sagas?

Do I have to do the quests after the update? Or do I get credit for quests done before the update (I suspect the answer is no).

Can I be epic level and do the quests on heroic level to get credit for the heroic level saga? (Some of the heroic level quests on elite are "at level" at level 20 or 21)

2016 DDO Players Council

I read on the Lam forum that you only have to do each quest once even if its in more than one Saga.

An additional question:
    Are the rewards still limited to +3 skill tomes even on True Elite or has that been raised to +4 og +5 skill tomes?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by mikarddo View Post
    I read on the Lam forum that you only have to do each quest once even if its in more than one Saga.

An additional question:
    Are the rewards still limited to +3 skill tomes even on True Elite or has that been raised to +4 og +5 skill tomes?
    Just ran the Epic High Road/Wheloon/Stormhorn saga and the rewards on Elite were the same as before - three +3 tomes. The NPC said that higher difficulties awarded "larger bonus skill tomes", which I hadn't noticed before. I suppose it's possible that normal awards +1's, hard +2's, elite +3's and true elite +4's.

2016 DDO Players Council

I just got two +3 skill tomes on hard - so its the same as before it seems.

Since U19, I've run my TR through most of Heroic Gianthold. As of today, all of them counted towards the Gianthold saga.

So anything you've run since U19 it seems is counted.

Side note: One of the quests I didn't run is Crucible. However, on my Saga list, he said I've run Crucible but not Cabal For One. I'm guessing the names are reversed in the Saga text and I'll need to run Crucible, but we'll see. Bug reported already. Guessing this is somehow related to the flagging changes for Tor from Epic Gianthold release.

Higher difficulties let you choose from a larger list of skill tomes. They'll be the same +, but you will have more to choose between.

IIRC it's 1 for just completing the saga, 2 for doing it mostly on hard, 3 for mostly elite and 4 for absolutely everything on elite.

Given that many of the sagas have one or two quests that take much longer on elite than the rest, it's usually best (from a strict efficiency viewpoint) to run the 'mostly elite' setting.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nibor View Post
    Since U19, I've run my TR through most of Heroic Gianthold. As of today, all of them counted towards the Gianthold saga.

So anything you've run since U19 it seems is counted.

Side note: One of the quests I didn't run is Crucible. However, on my Saga list, he said I've run Crucible but not Cabal For One. I'm guessing the names are reversed in the Saga text and I'll need to run Crucible, but we'll see. Bug reported already. Guessing this is somehow related to the flagging changes for Tor from Epic Gianthold release.
    I have run Cabal for One twice since the update. It is still listed as uncompleted in the Saga list.

Anyone else having this issue?
    Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun:
    "This is Dungeons and Dragons Online, not classical Greek mythology."

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vilhelm_der_Toller View Post
    I have run Cabal for One twice since the update. It is still listed as uncompleted in the Saga list.
    The saga list has Cabal for One and Crucible confused.