Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member OverlordOfRats's Avatar

Default Hall of Heors question

Does it have anything in it or is it just a way for characters to switch between the realms at login?

Edit: sorry title should be heros. Goofy gray text on gray background

Community Member Phaeton_Seraph's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OverlordOfRats View Post
    Does it have anything in it or is it just a way for characters to switch between the realms at login?

Popular theory among the people I play with is that their deadline to release was fixed and they could only complete so much. So the Hall of Heroes was not populated, but had to be released so that Iconics could get too and from Eberron and FR without having to flag.

Turbine workers have not responded with any useful information to questions like yours, so they may, or may not, every get around to finishing up on it.

2014 DDO Players Council

I THOUGHT it would be a useful way to quickly get between realms. If I'd known that it wasn't, I wouldn't have wasted my Turbine Points on it.

Hopefully someday they'll make it useful.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by SirValentine View Post
    I THOUGHT it would be a useful way to quickly get between realms. If I'd known that it wasn't, I wouldn't have wasted my Turbine Points on it.

Totally agree. I bought it to travel faster between realms with chars that either dont have Eve key, or have it timered somehow. Instead, I got nice looking, but utterly useless and very expensive area.

Thumbs down right now Turbine, I hope you fix it soon.

Community Member OverlordOfRats's Avatar

Thank you all for your responses.

I guess I will just wait and see if they add something to it in the future before buying it.

Quote Originally Posted by SirValentine View Post

Wait what am I missing, isn't it exactly what it is right now ?
    Owy Evoker FvS / Praledric Completionist Qstaff Rogue/Monk/Druid / Laraeph DC Wizard / Laraelph AA Monk/Ranger/Pally / Gaenry Shiradi Sorc/FvS/Wiz / Reasis SWF Pally & numerous others
    The Leveller for DDO!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by -Zephyr- View Post
    Wait what am I missing, isn't it exactly what it is right now ?
    No, that is not what it is right now. Currently, they are halls that go nowhere. You can only access these halls by clicking "Transport to Eberron" or "Transport to Forgotten Realms" at login. These halls would be greatly, dramatically, wonderfully improved and, dare I say it, near perfect if you could walk into a given realm's Hall of Heroes and exit in the other realm. *This* is what I thought it would be. I should be able to walk into the Eberron Hall from the Marketplace and exit in the Forgotten Realms. I should NOT have to log out just so I can log back in. There is no reason, logically or lore-wise, these halls do not work like this. Further, if they did, there is no reason why there should be two different halls, either. Make them one hall and when you click "Transport to ...", you go to *the* Hall of Heroes. It would make the Hall a great meeting place, especially if they put vendors and pawns in there.
    Sarlona: Acaat || Ahchuykak || Anaiadeia || Atlacoya || Camalos || Coyopa || Gwylelwiel || Imahidden || Kisin || Pukuh || Temporarily

Quote Originally Posted by OverlordOfRats View Post

Hmm, how can I gild this t....

It comes with a mailbox and no way to ingame travel between the both ones (as I can find anyways). But you can logout and then login into the desired realm. But once in game I haven't find a way to teleport between them.

As a VIP I don't pay for it, but if I had I wouldn't buy it.

Ive seen a lot of folks use it to get to Evenstar quests before we run the chain. You can log off, go to heros and travel to Forgotten realms from the log in screen. Its actually fairly useful even if not completed yet.
    The blade itself incites to deeds of violence.
    Highlanders Cannith - Kalimah, Calimah, Rustymonster, Kraps, Nepheli, Wurshuper

Useful for elite streak, since you can now do the level 15 stuff in FR before you hit the level 16 quests to get there
    Dystopia = utopia achieved

True that, or if you just wanted to run something like..the High Road chain on heroic with your pals and you didn't flag for eveningstar or have a key yet, you could just pop in there and head over to the Forgotten realms.

Not saying it doesn't need to be completed but its not a totally useless place as seemed to be indicated above.
    The blade itself incites to deeds of violence.
    Highlanders Cannith - Kalimah, Calimah, Rustymonster, Kraps, Nepheli, Wurshuper

Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Coyopa View Post
    No, that is not what it is right now. Currently, they are halls that go nowhere. You can only access these halls by clicking "Transport to Eberron" or "Transport to Forgotten Realms" at login. These halls would be greatly, dramatically, wonderfully improved and, dare I say it, near perfect if you could walk into a given realm's Hall of Heroes and exit in the other realm. *This* is what I thought it would be. I should be able to walk into the Eberron Hall from the Marketplace and exit in the Forgotten Realms. I should NOT have to log out just so I can log back in. There is no reason, logically or lore-wise, these halls do not work like this. Further, if they did, there is no reason why there should be two different halls, either. Make them one hall and when you click "Transport to ...", you go to *the* Hall of Heroes. It would make the Hall a great meeting place, especially if they put vendors and pawns in there.
    And considering how long it takes many to login, you could practically complete the spinner quest and get to Evening Star in that time. And of course if you've already completed the quest, going through the Spinner's Prison is probably a lot faster for many. So yea, great way to get people to spend money on something useless. If it isn't finished they shouldn't let people spend money on it. Especially given how long (sometimes never) it takes them to finish things.

Community Member

I mostly play Druids or Artis, and if i bother with ship buffs the hall of heroes is pretty useless since logging out to use the hall dismisses the pets (which of course lose their buffs). As it is right now this is pretty useless to me, absolutely my worst ddo purchase ever.

I only remember it being advertised/described as "a way to log in to the realm of your choice," not as way for an already logged in toon to freely hop between worlds without a key or using the cave. In fact, copy & pasted direct from the release notes (with emphasis added)

The Hall of Heroes

A new option is available for quick travel between the realms of Eberron and Forgotten Realms. This account-wide feature will allow you to log to the character selection screen, and switch your character to the Eberron or Forgotten Realms campaign settings with the push of a button. Doing so will transport your character to the Eberron Hall of Heroes, or the Forgotten Realms Hall of Heroes. These travel hubs exist outside of the story and contain doorways to many locations in the respective worlds. Over time more locations will be added to the hall.

Really not sure why all y'all expected anything different...

To Turbine:
    Fwiw, if I could see the lfm panel from the log in screen, I probably would buy this; however as I can't, I'm not interested...

...yes, that's a hint
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    Really not sure why all y'all expected anything different...
    Because for the cost they are asking it's no where near worth it. (Heck even if you're VIP and it's free it's only worth it in a small number of circumstances)

Default So... Umm... Yah... What?

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    Because for the cost they are asking it's no where near worth it. (Heck even if you're VIP and it's free it's only worth it in a small number of circumstances)
    Let me see if I understand this correctly:

Because they charge more for it than you think it's worth, you actually thought it would do more than it's advertised to do, and are surprised/disappointed that it doesn't?

If you bought it knowing was only supposed to let you log in to the realm of your choice, were hoping it would do more and are disappointed but not surprised, I guess I can see that.

If you bought it based on what you wanted it to do, rather than what it says it will do, and are either surprised, disappointed or both... I don't know what to say to that...

If you're VIP and annoyed that a free-to-you feature doesn't do what you want... Hey, it's not like they upped the $ub rate because of it, what's the big deal?
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow

Actually what I am disappointed in most is that in the Eberron Hall of Heroes there are NO Warforged. Not a single one.

It would appear that Biobreaker NumberTwo has no role models for his exploits in Eberron at all. Therefore I expect him to be immortalized there.

Make that happen eh Turbine!

Oh yeah and it might be useful to port directly. I didn't buy it pretty much for that reason. I can honestly jump into the harbour and jump over to the realms in about the same amount of time as logging in and back would take thus didn't see the advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyopa View Post
    No, that is not what it is right now. Currently, they are halls that go nowhere. You can only access these halls by clicking "Transport to Eberron" or "Transport to Forgotten Realms" at login. These halls would be greatly, dramatically, wonderfully improved and, dare I say it, near perfect if you could walk into a given realm's Hall of Heroes and exit in the other realm. *This* is what I thought it would be. I should be able to walk into the Eberron Hall from the Marketplace and exit in the Forgotten Realms. I should NOT have to log out just so I can log back in. There is no reason, logically or lore-wise, these halls do not work like this.
    I have a reason for it. The game counts account log ins, everytime you do a character log out log in, it eats a little memory and eventually makes you crash/relog to play again at reasonable performance. This artificially bumps up the log in counts and allows marketing to say that the game is doing better than it is.

/tinfoil

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    I have a reason for it. The game counts account log ins, everytime you do a character log out log in, it eats a little memory and eventually makes you crash/relog to play again at reasonable performance. This artificially bumps up the log in counts and allows marketing to say that the game is doing better than it is.

/tinfoil
    Nah.

/tinfoil off

I don't think logins matter to anyone other than the GameIsDyingClan and their eviltwins. Tbh, Turbine would probably be just as happy with one log in per year (extreme example) as 100000000000 bagillion per day provided their profit margin/revenue stream is the same either way.

Quote Originally Posted by smeggy1384 View Post
    I mostly play Druids or Artis, and if i bother with ship buffs the hall of heroes is pretty useless since logging out to use the hall dismisses the pets (which of course lose their buffs). As it is right now this is pretty useless to me, absolutely my worst ddo purchase ever.
    That, and the fact that it takes just as long to log off, log back in, and run through the half mile of hallways than it does to run down to the harbor and jump into the spinners prison and run through the eveningstar cavern. But yeah, it's a pain to lose the buffs on the dogs, especially since they really need them to help their survival rate in those quests.

The only advantage is not having to run that stupid Spinner of Shadows quest on a new toon in order to get to E-star.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast