Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    61

    Default Fill your tool tips in on Enhancements

    I should not have to go to DDO Wiki to look up what Turbine had not finished yet!

    Really the new enhancement tool tips are incomplete. Half of them don't show you **** on what you need as far as something as simple a feat.

    Relying on a 3rd party website to play a this game is stupid. What Turbine cant afford an intern to write out the tool tips.

    I feel tike I am playing a 1/2 a**, slapped together BS.

    Turbine you change this stuff on us and don't even complete it, not to mention other things....

    I want what your smoking so I can work this way....

  2. #2
    Founder & Hero jjflanigan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    5,063

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blaze44 View Post
    I should not have to go to DDO Wiki to look up what Turbine had not finished yet!

    Really the new enhancement tool tips are incomplete. Half of them don't show you **** on what you need as far as something as simple a feat.

    Relying on a 3rd party website to play a this game is stupid. What Turbine cant afford an intern to write out the tool tips.

    I feel tike I am playing a 1/2 a**, slapped together BS.

    Turbine you change this stuff on us and don't even complete it, not to mention other things....

    I want what your smoking so I can work this way....
    I've not run across any of my enhancements on any of my characters that didn't list out what pre-reqs they had... can you give some examples?

    -JJ

  3. #3

    Default

    The tooltips seem more inconsistent than incomplete to me - sometimes they show what the prereqs are, and sometimes they don't. I haven't gone through systematically to try to track down when/where it happens, but I have the general impression that if my character isn't high enough level to qualify for an enhancement the tooltip won't list any of the prereqs.

  4. #4
    Community Member bartharok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Far beyond the ravens gate
    Posts
    5,502

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blaze44 View Post
    I want what your smoking so I can work this way....
    I dont want youre smoking, since it seems to get you in a bad mood.

    And u think its more inconsistent than absent. As have a surprising amount of things after update19
    Dystopia = utopia achieved

  5. #5
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,852

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arianrhod View Post
    The tooltips seem more inconsistent than incomplete to me - sometimes they show what the prereqs are, and sometimes they don't. I haven't gone through systematically to try to track down when/where it happens, but I have the general impression that if my character isn't high enough level to qualify for an enhancement the tooltip won't list any of the prereqs.
    This has not been my experience. There are almost no enhancements that require feats anymore. Obviously, there are few, such as some of the tier 5 Kensai, Improved Weapon Finesse, Improved Dodge, dragonmark enhancements, and so on. However, those all list the feats required to take them, even when you are below the level required. When it comes to what enhancements are required for other enhancements, those are pretty handily identified by the arrows leading from one to another. So, I cannot see how that could be a problem for anyone (and I recognize you did not explicitly state this was a problem for you - I am just covering all possible scenarios).
    Sarlona: Acaat || Ahchuykak || Anaiadeia || Atlacoya || Camalos || Coyopa || Gwylelwiel || Imahidden || Kisin || Pukuh || Temporarily

  6. #6
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jjflanigan View Post
    I've not run across any of my enhancements on any of my characters that didn't list out what pre-reqs they had... can you give some examples?

    -JJ
    Problem is, with all the bugs no one knows for sure if something is missing in the description or if it is just another bug.
    Take "Nothing is Hidden" for Example, it seems to use both Spot & Search but it only says Search as used skill (within Spot range, which does not imply that Spot is used)
    So is it bugged or not? Is it just a wrong description?

    Anyway who cares, after all its the same inconsistent **** we get each time when they change something and it will stay broken for months and whenever you mention it on the Forum you will get bashed by T-fanboiz.
    Taenebrae, Daemonsoul, Daemoneyes and Daemonheart of Argonessen
    Glitzakram - Trade Thread

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coyopa View Post
    This has not been my experience. There are almost no enhancements that require feats anymore. Obviously, there are few, such as some of the tier 5 Kensai, Improved Weapon Finesse, Improved Dodge, dragonmark enhancements, and so on. However, those all list the feats required to take them, even when you are below the level required. When it comes to what enhancements are required for other enhancements, those are pretty handily identified by the arrows leading from one to another. So, I cannot see how that could be a problem for anyone (and I recognize you did not explicitly state this was a problem for you - I am just covering all possible scenarios).
    In my case, it's usually not feats (as you've said, few enhancements require them anymore), but levels in class and enhancement points spent in tree that are missing from the tooltips. Sometimes they're there, sometimes not, and I'm not sure what causes them to show up or not show up. I realize those numbers probably don't change from one tree to another (tier 3 kensai probably has exactly the same level/points spent requirement as tier 3 assassin, for example), but it's still irritating not to be able to just see it when mousing over and trying to decide whether to spend all points now or save some for after leveling up.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload