Default Where did all the HP go ?

Not really a new player but a very casual one, been playing since U9. Anyhow, hadn't played really for 5 - 6 months due to work.

So, as the title says - where did all the HP go?

My Lvl22 Dark Monk/Fighter/Pally pajama tank went from 800 + HP to around 590ish after respeccing Enhancements.

In good news department, to see how build was with new enhancements I could still solo EH Devil Assault, which just soloing it in the first place was a super big achievement for me, so the HP lost didn't really seem to affect me too much.

Long story short I was planning pally for my next life 12 HotD 8 dark monk or something or other - wasn't quite sure how to approach it now with new enhancements since Hunter of the Dead and Dark monk no longer exist.

HoTD was moved with KoC into one tree in paladin (other tree is gimpy tank tree).

Dark monk is just ninja spy, which still exists. (See here.)

yea, been playing around with a Ninja Spy dex build - its not quite the same as it was. Same with the HotD, not quite the same, no longer get immunity from level drains for one - unless I'm missing something ? So yea, not quite what I had previously planned. 12/6/2 builds don't seem to be in vogue anymore. Seems like 2 pally is enough to get the good stuff but that's not enough for the past life.

Quote Originally Posted by Eilierie View Post
    yea, been playing around with a Ninja Spy dex build - its not quite the same as it was. Same with the HotD, not quite the same, no longer get immunity from level drains for one - unless I'm missing something ? So yea, not quite what I had previously planned. 12/6/2 builds don't seem to be in vogue anymore. Seems like 2 pally is enough to get the good stuff but that's not enough for the past life.
    You are missing something.
    Tier 5 of the HoTD/KotC tree all the way to the right. It's called sealed soul or something like that. Immunity to energy drain.

What did ninja spy lose?
    As an avid monk player, I don't see them losing much from enhancement pass - just the good things in every tree.

Community Member

My Lvl22 Dark Monk/Fighter/Pally pajama tank went from 800 + HP to around 590ish after respeccing Enhancements.
    The enchantment pass only affected hit points a little. However, when resetting / chancing enchantments, sometimes ED gets disabled. Go activate a different destiny and reactivate the old one, that should enable the destiny back, with the ED-hitpoints.

Not really a new player but a very casual one, been playing since U9. Anyhow, hadn't played really for 5 - 6 months due to work.

So, as the title says - where did all the HP go?

Bet u forgot to turn earth stance back on.

Correct, dark monk didn't really lose much worth noting (unless one of your build choices was to run Abbot....) - actually like the gains.

No, I did remember to turn Earth stance on - I'm missing something.

Will try the turn ED off and on thing.

Thanks all.

Quote Originally Posted by Toro12 View Post
    You are missing something.
    Tier 5 of the HoTD/KotC tree all the way to the right. It's called sealed soul or something like that. Immunity to energy drain.
    Ha! not only did I miss that, I missed your post too !

Time for bed I think, thanks all for the help.

Community Member

The stance that gives heaps of Con and Hit Points now requires a shield.

That might be what happened to your missing HP.

Geoff.

Yeah my defender paladin lost a lot of HP but gained a bit of AC and some PRR so overall he gained more than he lost since he seems to take less damage than before.

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffWatson View Post

Geoff.
    >Equip a shield
    >Get more vigorous from equipping a shield
    >screw logic

the shield requirement makes no sense
    Quote Originally Posted by amnota View Post
    Halfling thrower builds are fun.

Of course the trick is in knowing just how to bend the halfling...otherwise they never come back.

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffWatson View Post

Geoff.
    not needed for sacred defender
    psykopeta - hoarding pl, for the sake of hoarding, the day i become ubercompletionist will be because there isn't anything to delay it more - thelanis, where the gimps claim to be pros and noobs claim to be pros, no newbies allowed(unless they claim to be pros), we have enough drama w/o them. PS i'm not a pro, maybe if i reincarnate in RL...

Quote Originally Posted by psykopeta View Post
    Pretty sure the stance only works with shield now. At least with my paladin. Take off the shield lose 200HP while in stance. (also, switching
    weapons, lose 200hp, but that is a seperate issue.)
    Mangas Geronimo (Paladin) Grocery Baggs (Ranger) Naiche Geronimo (Cleric)

Guild - Orien's Rejects

Quote Originally Posted by DeKalbSun View Post
    Pretty sure the stance only works with shield now. At least with my paladin. Take off the shield lose 200HP while in stance. (also, switching
    weapons, lose 200hp, but that is a seperate issue.)
    There are actually TWO parts to the tree -- one that works regardless of whether you have a shield and one that works only if you have a shield equipped. The one that works regardless is lower on the tree and separate from the one that works with a shield.

Quote Originally Posted by Therigar View Post
    There are actually TWO parts to the tree -- one that works regardless of whether you have a shield and one that works only if you have a shield equipped. The one that works regardless is lower on the tree and separate from the one that works with a shield.
    cool, gonna have to check this out when I get home. Thanks for pointing it out
    Mangas Geronimo (Paladin) Grocery Baggs (Ranger) Naiche Geronimo (Cleric)

Guild - Orien's Rejects

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by psykopeta View Post
    The lower-tier Improved Sacred Defense bonuses (PRR, threat, saves) will apply w/out a shield; the upper-tier Greater Sacred Defense bonuses (CON, HPs, STR) require a shield, which is obviously incompatible with a centered monk build. That's probably where the OP (and a lot of other SD builds) lost their HPs, unfortunately.