Default Seeking FVS Elven AA build

I was thinking of Tr'ing my Ranger/ftr into a fvs Elven AA but not sure I would get enough feats needed to be any good. I figured since the new enhancement line is out that this would have nice self healing and buffs as well as using my bows and PL of ranger. Thought about 2 rogue for evasion and some sneak damage.
    I was wondering if this is

1. A good idea
    2. if someone could build one without a poo ton of tomes as currently I have none and used none yet on the ranger.

I Want these feats at least:
    Toughness
    Mental Toughness
    Evasion
    Precise shot
    Prescision (maybe)
    Rapid Shot
    W. focus ranged
    W. Special Ranged
    Imp. P shot
    Dodge

Was going to take elven arcanum for AA and Grace to use dex this way I do not need high str for damage I could use dex.
    Last edited by vampiregoat69; 09-19-2013 at 08:51 PM.

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

First off, Mental Toughness & WF:Ranged are no longer pre-reqs for AA (yay!), so they can be dropped. If you really want Evasion and Weap Specialization, that implies ftr 4+ / rog or monk 2+ / FvS ???; I'd rather do rgr / monk to get free Bow STR and possibly 10K Stars (depends on how monk lvls). Third, I think Grace is a trap for most archers (costs too many APs to get, IMHO), but esp. one w/Divine Might, which is now an insightful STR bonus; since you need at least some CHA for FvS spells anyway and we're getting Warpriest soon-ish, it probably makes sense to plan for it. Finally, how many FvS lvls did you want; i.e., what spells do you want to cast?
    Revisiting the Classics: Axesinger / Dwarven Defender / Drow Ninja / Drow Paladin / Elven Ranger / Monkcher / Sacred Vanguard
    Other build threads: Cleric Domains / Kundarak Brigade / Iconic Builds
    My Build Index: a Motley Menagerie of Original Rapscallions, Pugilists, and Gimps!

I thought 10k stars was for throwing weapons not bows and it shares cooldown with manyshot so it seems worthless to have. I wanted to get at least blade barrier to use it to kite monsters through. As for mental toughness it was more for SP than anything else.

10K Stars works with bows if you have Zen Archery feat and is on a separate timer from Manyshot (but you can't use them simultaneously); so the Path of the True Monkcher involves alternating between MS, 10K Stars, and either melee (while both are on cooldown) or other things (like casting). The drawback is you need at least 6 monk lvls to take 10K Stars (which is now a chosen feat), which limits your MCing options.
    Revisiting the Classics: Axesinger / Dwarven Defender / Drow Ninja / Drow Paladin / Elven Ranger / Monkcher / Sacred Vanguard
    My Build Index: a Motley Menagerie of Original Rapscallions, Pugilists, and Gimps!

Community Member

There is a build here : https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...n-FuryShotSoul

You can tweak it to your own needs, it does mention a lvl 4 int tome, but never mind that. Though, don't be too averse to tomes altogether, +2 tomes can drop in lvl 15+ chests and end rewards. You can trade them for the ones you want.
    Also, the upcoming Mabar has +5 and +6 tome rewards (on lammania atm), one per character. So you can go try that around helloween, if you like the festival.

Quote Originally Posted by Healbat View Post
    There is a build here : https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...n-FuryShotSoul

You can tweak it to your own needs, it does mention a lvl 4 int tome, but never mind that. Though, don't be too averse to tomes altogether, +2 tomes can drop in lvl 15+ chests and end rewards. You can trade them for the ones you want.
    Also, the upcoming Mabar has +5 and +6 tome rewards (on lammania atm), one per character. So you can go try that around helloween, if you like the festival.
    I am not adverse to tomes but I have been playing years and Never once got or even seen a +4-6 tome so I was thinking dang. I will look into that build you linked ty.Decided FVS/monk with wis and taking zen archery might be best
    Last edited by vampiregoat69; 09-20-2013 at 12:43 PM.

Just like with battleclerics, you have to decide how much you're putting into the melee / ranged side of things and how much you're putting into casting (inc. what spells) and choose your build accordingly. Gratch's build is heavily invested in FvS / casting side of things; I was thinking of, say, rgr 2 / monk 6 / FvS 12 - mostly ranged-focused, but enough buffs and healing to be pretty self-sufficient and light spells for DPS while MS & 10K are on cooldown.

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    Just like with battleclerics, you have to decide how much you're putting into the melee / ranged side of things and how much you're putting into casting (inc. what spells) and choose your build accordingly. Gratch's build is heavily invested in FvS / casting side of things; I was thinking of, say, rgr 2 / monk 6 / FvS 12 - mostly ranged-focused, but enough buffs and healing to be pretty self-sufficient and light spells for DPS while MS & 10K are on cooldown.
    That sounds about right I was thinking 14 fvs/6mnk doing all ranged I do not care to do melee as I have other melee toons and want this one all ranged/spells but I am not good and planning out the builds but more following them.It will be 34 points no tomes currently used but will soon as I get some PL:ranger only so far

I was informed that 10k and manyshot are on same timer now since new update so that throws this build out
    Last edited by vampiregoat69; 09-21-2013 at 02:50 PM.