Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Default What's the best adventure pack to get next?

I have 772 Turbine Points.

I have all adventure packs except the following:

The Vault of Night (750, currently discounted to 600)
    The Restless Isles (350, currently discounted to 280)
    The Druid's Deep (550)
    The High Road to Shadows (750)
    Vaults of the Artificer (Challenge Pack) (1295)

And the new ones in the Shadowfell Conspiracy expansion (2495).

What would people recommend as the best packs to spend my points on?

Community Member

VoN has a couple of the best xp quests in the game. At heroic and epic levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Fnordian View Post

The Druid's Deep (550)

Out of them all I'm torn between Vault and High Road. Before the expansion I'd say Vault but High Road is now for both 18th and 24th lvl. The others are meh in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Torc View Post
    I’m only nerfing you now so I can buff you later.

It really depends on the levels of your characters and if you plan to TR a few times

EDIT: Oh and how fast you level.

Intergalactic Space Crusader Livmo's Avatar

Default hmmm

The Druid's Deep (550)

Pick this one for the xp and that allot of people run this so it will be easier to fill groups:

I really like this pack, because I think its fun to run. It also has nice loot:
    The Druid's Deep (550)

For me nothing special, just fun to play

If I had 772 TPs I would get either VON or Druid's Deep.

Community Member

VAULTS!

Well it depends, actually, on what class your character is and how much you could benefit from Cannith gear. And if you are or ever will do some Heroic TRing. But VAULTS!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daine View Post
    It really depends on the levels of your characters and if you plan to TR a few times

EDIT: Oh and how fast you level.

I'm a long term casual player and don't necessarily play every day. I like the variety of lots of adventure packs, classes and races.

I level slowly and have about 11 characters on the main server I play on (not counting bank mules).

I don't have any plans to TR in the immediate future.

I have two level 20 characters, one level 13, one level 11, two level 9s, a level 8, three level 7s, and a level 5. All started at level 1. None have TRed.

Dont ever buy challenge pack, its a rip off and you can collect tokens every day.
    Get von and after that get high road.

1) The Vault of Night (750, currently discounted to 600)

2) Vaults of the Artificer (Challenge Pack) (1295) Still one of the fastest ways to solo farm tokens for tr

3) The High Road to Shadows (750)

The Druid's Deep (550)

Aren't worth buying unless you're swimming in tp. Restless isles is run so infrequently you might as well say never ran, and druids deep has dull repetitive quests, with poor xp, and extremely poor loot. The favor for these packs isn't needed either.

One more screaming vote for Vault of Night. Even as an older quest, the raid is still run and it has at least one item that is still relevant (and possibly more if you consider Red Scale / Red Helm though not many wear these anymore).
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

Without hesitation on my part, VoN.

Great XP, varied quests, and better grouping options.

Community Member

Thanks everyone for the replies and feedback so far! Looks like I'll be going with Vault of Night. And sounds like (probably) The High Road is the next one to get when I get more TPs at some future date.

Community Member

Do you group a lot? VoN is really a raid-focused pack...VoN 3 is good XP (so I'm told) but its the raid that really sells the pack. As a casual player, I don't know if you're a casual raider or a casual soloer...but if you don't like pugging raids, then VoN is worth a little less.

VON without the raids is still head and shoulders above the other packs in the list.

Note: VON is on sale, while druid's deep and high road are not. If it were a toss-up, get the one on sale. But it is not a toss-up. VON is the clear winner.

Restless Isles should not be bought until you own literally every other adv pack in the game. (Adv pack <> Challenge pack.) Challenge packs should never be bought, really, but if you wanted to buy them for some reason, wait until even after you own restless isles.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    Do you group a lot? VoN is really a raid-focused pack...VoN 3 is good XP (so I'm told) but its the raid that really sells the pack. As a casual player, I don't know if you're a casual raider or a casual soloer...but if you don't like pugging raids, then VoN is worth a little less.
    I usually prefer to play with one or two friends although sometimes I solo and sometimes join PUGs. Just depends on my mood. I used to have a VIP subscription (from a friend) but it lapsed awhile back. I haven't played a lot of raids (probably played Chronoscope the most out of any raids). I actually have played the VoN raid once (and through the quests once) but it was a couple of years ago and I don't remember much about it. The raid was pretty much a blur for me.

Anyway, that's a good point but sounds like even if I don't end up playing the raid much it's still worth getting.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    VON without the raids is still head and shoulders above the other packs in the list.

Note: VON is on sale, while druid's deep and high road are not. If it were a toss-up, get the one on sale. But it is not a toss-up. VON is the clear winner.

Restless Isles should not be bought until you own literally every other adv pack in the game. (Adv pack <> Challenge pack.) Challenge packs should never be bought, really, but if you wanted to buy them for some reason, wait until even after you own restless isles.

I visited Restless Isles once, solo (back when I had a VIP subscription) and found it confusing. I don't think I got too far in it and have yet to hear anyone say anything good about it, and as I'm seeing the same opinion towards it from people here, I guess it's still almost universally disliked. So yes, I will leave it until I own all the others.

Some of the Cannith challenges seem interesting, but they also seem hard (at least for casual players). But since the pack is so expensive and there are free daily tokens, it does seem like a good idea to leave it. I'm a little surprised that Turbine hasn't added a bigger incentive for people to buy it instead of using the free tokens. For example, giving a permanent bonus to challenge XP and/or loot (even 10%) for pack owners, could really boost sales.

The Druid's Deep (550)

von, ignore the rest, by xp (the only thing that matters) powns every other pack u listed, and has the best greatsword ingame yet, the sword of shadows

restless has...4?5? quests? that can take u 1 day to complete, depending the time u have to play

druid's deep is awful, in xp and in loot
    high road is awful, in xp and loot

the only reason to buy some of these 2 would be get some gear and sell it in the asah, in fact isn't even good gear but ppl is old fashioned so they keep thinking that's good loot, false

vaults of the artificer... is the worst option, the last pack u should buy ingame unless u wanna craft something, fastest way to solo tr tokens? false, solo EN DA and bring 5 chest pullers, 10 tokens in 30 mins, challenge packs has to grow a lot to hit that speed, also the gear u can craft... doesn't worth the time of grinding unless it's ur obsession, i've done very few challenges mostly solo and all the loot they linked me, once u see the mats needed...well, let's say that time invested> time gained with the gear

buy von and save tp, new shadowfell isn't an option, like druid and high road, mostly because their xp is awful and their loot isn't that great (at least if u compare effort to beneffits) stick to packs that give gajillion xp that's what u'll need to cap toons, to cap ED, to hit 28 and that stuff, the gear will come alone will getting these 3 things (24th life here and that's the way i got the gear, the cheapest and easiest way ofc, also allows you to learn with pain, the best way imho)
    psykopeta - hoarding pl, for the sake of hoarding, the day i become ubercompletionist will be because there isn't anything to delay it more - thelanis, where the gimps claim to be pros and noobs claim to be pros, no newbies allowed(unless they claim to be pros), we have enough drama w/o them. PS i'm not a pro, maybe if i reincarnate in RL...

Which one you want to get depends a lot on what you play and what you need.

Von has great xp, and is easy to get groups for, but if you plan to TR a lot the vaults of the artificers is the esiest way to get thetrue hearts from and so on.

Id advice you to use wiki to find out which one has the stuff you need.
    Dystopia = utopia achieved

Community Member

I visited Restless Isles once, solo (back when I had a VIP subscription) and found it confusing. I don't think I got too far in it and have yet to hear anyone say anything good about it, and as I'm seeing the same opinion towards it from people here, I guess it's still almost universally disliked. So yes, I will leave it until I own all the others.

Some of the Cannith challenges seem interesting, but they also seem hard (at least for casual players). But since the pack is so expensive and there are free daily tokens, it does seem like a good idea to leave it. I'm a little surprised that Turbine hasn't added a bigger incentive for people to buy it instead of using the free tokens. For example, giving a permanent bonus to challenge XP and/or loot (even 10%) for pack owners, could really boost sales.
    I like both flagging quests in Restless Isleses, as they are kinda different than most quests and quite challenging. Prearaid is awesome as well, while the raid itself is one big meh to begin with.
    The wild in RS crappy, but you can get used to it.
    That said, however I like them, the are not popular and I am lucky to get 1 or 2 ppl to do them with me.
    MY recommendation would be :
    1. VoN
    2. High Road
    3. Cannith Challenge
    4. Restless
    5. Druid Deep - this one, I loathe. Its basically epic only, as the exp on heroic is abyssmal, Its unimaginative (quest one - hack and slash, quest two - hack and slash, optionaly hack and slash on timer, quest three - Hack ans slash while runing back and forth, quest 4 - hack and slash untill you get to the end fight that is at least a little interesting. While I do agree that could be said about many quests, Druid deep looks jut... so unimaginative, there is not a one interesting game mechanic). loot from there mostly suck and its drop rates are nonexistent.

VoN is on sale, FR packs are not. Get the one on sale. Besides, everyone loves VoN.

Cannith challenges suck suck suck. You'll like them if jamming a screwdriver in your head at regular intervals of time is a thing you enjoy, though :P

Don't listen to Restless Isles haters - yes, it's incredibly outdated, yes the named loot drop rate is horrible, yes almost nobody runs it. And yet it's one of the unique and interesting packs in the game, with a curious if frustrating raid, and it's "different". Cool story/location, too. So if you care about things in the game beyond shinies and XP/min, I'd recommend giving it a shot at some point - though it is definitely not an 'essential' pack, and should be bought with spare TP if you have them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast