Default any new Sorc enhancement trees in the works?

I TRed my WF Wizard into Sorc right before the enhancement pass. I leveled up to 6 and while I like the enhancement pass update as a whole, I'm less than enthused by the Savant capstones.

I've already seen builds that splash Pal 2, FvS 2, Monk 2, or a combination thereof but I'd really like to stay pure. However, the capstones aren't that attractive even for a fleshie Sorc since spells in elemental form cost 10% more. Was that necessary to add?

I still have a long way to go to cap again but have any new Sorc prestige classes been announced or are in the works that might be more interesting? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by GlassJaw View Post
    I TRed my WF Wizard into Sorc right before the enhancement pass. I leveled up to 6 and while I like the enhancement pass update as a whole, I'm less than enthused by the Savant capstones.

I've already seen builds that splash Pal 2, FvS 2, Monk 2, or a combination thereof but I'd really like to stay pure. However, the capstones aren't that attractive even for a fleshie Sorc since spells in elemental form cost 10% more. Was that necessary to add?

I still have a long way to go to cap again but have any new Sorc prestige classes been announced or are in the works that might be more interesting? Thanks.
    Eventually there will be:

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    While we understand that there is going to be some pain with large scale changes, in terms of build diversity the enhancement pass has been successful, overall.

Before Update 19, most builds broke down class levels along pure 20, or 18/2, or 12/6/2. There were a few more variations on those themes, but they tended to be exceptions rather than the rule. It doesn't take much searching of the forums to see that there is increased variation in builds today. Some of that may settle down to a some more recognizable builds and breakdowns, but we're fairly confident the variety and uniqueness in builds is likely to be greater in the future than the past.

We do recognize that Sorcerers could use some help, and they are the first class planned to get an entirely new enhancement tree. If there are specific Sorcerer abilities from U18 enhancements that you feel are missing and vitally need to be restored to Sorcerers, do feel free to submit bugs saying so (using the link in my signature).

Quote Originally Posted by Torc View Post
    I’m only nerfing you now so I can buff you later.

Supposedly, the next tree is going to be Acolyte of the Skin. There is alot of debate on Lamm as to what it would/should look like, however.

Quote Originally Posted by HatsuharuZ View Post
    Supposedly, the next tree is going to be Acolyte of the Skin. There is alot of debate on Lamm as to what it would/should look like, however.
    I haven't found anything from the Devs stating anything descriptive about the new sorc tree beyond "there will be one." Where does all this Acolyte talk come from? Wishful thinking? Is there some relevant info I've just simply missed somewhere?
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow - btw, do you have change for 10 million population?

Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    I haven't found anything from the Devs stating anything descriptive about the new sorc tree beyond "there will be one." Where does all this Acolyte talk come from? Wishful thinking? Is there some relevant info I've just simply missed somewhere?
    My guess would be people remembering that very old post Eladrin made where he spelled out which PRE's were going to be setup for each class. I lost that list several forum dumps ago but I bet someone still has it.

Quote Originally Posted by Torc View Post
    I’m only nerfing you now so I can buff you later.

Acolyte of the Skin would be my first guess, as it was originally intended to be one of the sorcerer PrE's. It would be interesting to see how it would be implemented, considering the demonic/devilish nature of the prestige. They could get fiendish skin passives (increasing natural DR, constitution, etc), possibly poison SLA's or adding poison damage to spells, maybe increasing negative energy spellpower, even a demon/devil pet. The only issue is that the final incarnation of the AoS is becoming an outsider (taking on the real form of your bonded demon/devil); knowing Turbine, this would royally p*ss off warforged sorcerers.

Of course, you could go off on a limb and say Dragon Disciple, Spelldancer, or even Warlock. Personally, other than AoS, I'd probably expect it to be some sort of dragon-blooded theme, but that already exists in the epic destiny, Draconic Incarnation.

Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    No "info", just a lot of people, including myself, arguing over what the tree should contain. Speculation, basically.