Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

Hmm 14 boxes, you want to adopt me and support me dad/mom , To be honest I could support removing the reincarnation timer for people with the time and inclination to reincarnate faster it's not getting them loot faster and keeps people happier so lets make it so. I wouldnt go any faster myself but that shouldnt stop you and others from doing so.

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

Quote Originally Posted by Delacroix21 View Post
    This doesnt work anymore.

So basically now if you hit 20 in less than a week, which you WILL with an Ottos Box, you know have a useless toon for a week.
    false

my 1st pally life was exactly from 09-03-2013 to 09-06-2013

talked to kruz "oh damm thought they were gonna reduce the tr time to 3 days"

check store "700tp? I get 750 minimum per life, so deal", a simple and plain LR heart

and tr'ed (next life took til 09-17-2013 if interested, 3kish favor like always)
    psykopeta - hoarding pl, for the sake of hoarding, the day i become ubercompletionist will be because there isn't anything to delay it more - thelanis, where the gimps claim to be pros and noobs claim to be pros, no newbies allowed(unless they claim to be pros), we have enough drama w/o them. PS i'm not a pro, maybe if i reincarnate in RL...

Quote Originally Posted by psykopeta View Post
    false

my 1st pally life was exactly from 09-03-2013 to 09-06-2013

talked to kruz "oh damm thought they were gonna reduce the tr time to 3 days"

check store "700tp? I get 750 minimum per life, so deal", a simple and plain LR heart

and tr'ed (next life took til 09-17-2013 if interested, 3kish favor like always)
    I just tested this on lammania and it doesnt work. I have also heard from multiple sources on Live and on these forums that this no longer works, so I am not keen on wasting a box based on one person.

However if it DOES still work on Live its worth a shot, but for some reason this feature is removed in patch 19.2.
    Making DDO a better game 1 post at a time!

Triple EVERYTHING Completionist= Heroic 42/42, Iconic 12/12, Epic 36/36

I just tested this on lammania and it doesnt work. I have also heard from multiple sources on Live and on these forums that this no longer works, so I am not keen on wasting a box based on one person.

However if it DOES still work on Live its worth a shot, but for some reason this feature is removed in patch 19.2.
    hope u're wrong and they don't add it with the 19.2 lol

just posted in the thread asking cordovan to post here, hope he can bring some light to us

and well, i cannot demonstrate it now because i'm in the 3rd pally live (yay lvl 11 XD) but was expecting to stone my 1st barb life...

guess if it doesn't work after the update i'll add to the "not gonna buy otto's again" because from u19.2 til u20 they screwed us i think, i mean that was WAI!!XD
    psykopeta - hoarding pl, for the sake of hoarding, the day i become ubercompletionist will be because there isn't anything to delay it more - thelanis, where the gimps claim to be pros and noobs claim to be pros, no newbies allowed(unless they claim to be pros), we have enough drama w/o them. PS i'm not a pro, maybe if i reincarnate in RL...

Community Member

This doesnt work anymore.

So basically now if you hit 20 in less than a week, which you WILL with an Ottos Box, you know have a useless toon for a week.
    I just did this 1 hour ago. Lesser TR still resets the TR timer so if you want a TR timer bypass buy a LR stone or use one of your free ones. I don't have a clue about the patch on Monday.
    CC Casting Druid: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...C-Summer-Build
    Shiradi Wiz Plan for 1st Lifers: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...r-First-Lifers
    LE Capable Int Assassin - U29: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...Assassin-Build
    Warlock DC Caster: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ld-Blast-Build

Several characters on Sarlona all starting with "Rand" in the Guild "Guardians of House Cannith". My main four characters are Randowl (20 Warlock EA DPS Build), Randslar (Bard 14 / Fighter 4 / Rogue 2 Swashbuckler), Randek (Druid CC Caster 17/Fvs 3) and Randomall (Rogue 20 assassin).

And? So it becomes less sucky? Still doesnt change the fact that it takes a day to hit 20 with an Ottos (why sell these then?) and 2 days of a useless toon.
    Here's a post you made 3 years ago... I guess you've given up on a healthy lifestyle of work, family, friends, and exercise. Also, letting you TR every 24 hours would be a decision of poor moral character, as Turbine would only be assisting you with your MMO addiction.

This is a free-to-play MMO now, so it SHOULD have no incentive to force people to farm for months (to keep subscription fees) like other pay-to-play MMOs. The people should just simply want to pay for each Update that is released, and gain the new items it adds after only a few repeats of the quests. That way I could enjoy the new content and my gameplay during my freetime, while still maintaining a healthy lifestyle of work, family, friends, and exercize.

If you decided to make a server with a 100% bonus to xp, and increased the drop rates of raid/flagging items 10 fold, I WOULD pay extra for it. I believe many others would as well. Sure there would be complaints from "other" players who would be upset at people gaining items without the hours they devote to the game, but you cant expect to please these people. They devote far to much of their life to a video game, and will eventually be forced to move on to the next game when this one has run its course. If anything trying to please them would be of poor moral character, as you would only be assisting them with their MMO addiction.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary_Gygax
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

The Hatchery
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    Here's a post you made 3 years ago... I guess you've given up on a healthy lifestyle of work, family, friends, and exercise. Also, letting you TR every 24 hours would be a decision of poor moral character, as Turbine would only be assisting you with your MMO addiction.
    mwahaha, catcha! =)
    "I shall take your position into consideration. Well, it seems your terms are not acceptable." (c) Baal
    Argonnessen :: Marche Funebre (200) : Leningradets / Zapasnoy / Grimstave / Rockernaut / Dociznogoud / Feldshaman

Quote Originally Posted by noble_pirate View Post
    mwahaha, catcha! =)
    Yeah, this was one of my better Zings!

I thought Teh_Troll would be in here to congratulate me.
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

I envy those with the time to level to 20 in a day... how I miss that time in my life. Damn fulltime work and children!

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus-Hawkeye View Post
    I envy those with the time to level to 20 in a day... how I miss that time in my life. Damn fulltime work and children!
    when they use a stone they skip so much content... hit deleras or tear of dhakahn at level 5 finish off at level 8, drink a 50% xp pot, voice and ship buff, then stone. you end up at 18 and a half, then fightclub your way into epic von3... still takes the better part of the evening, but tring isnt what it used to be.

2016 DDO Players Council Qhualor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnbeimnech View Post
    then fightclub your way into epic von3...
    heard it was fixed. no?

Community Member

Default well

i am not into this tr race stuff but... i think they fixed the "fightclub von3" now people lvl 18-19 can no longer enter in an epic normal, epic hard quest.
    also doing so they screwed up challenges sadly... now to collect materials with a friend both of you need to be lvl 15 for all mats, otherwise you can't do some challenges and so you cant build ml8 and ml12 items, so sad...

Community Member

Yeah, this was one of my better Zings!

I thought Teh_Troll would be in here to congratulate me.
    reading and comprehension are your friend

everything you qouted from ops old post is directly in line with his current statement

the statment you highlighted was refering to people who support grinding of which op is not one

Quote Originally Posted by ericrd View Post
    reading and comprehension are your friend

everything you qouted from ops old post is directly in line with his current statement

the statment you highlighted was refering to people who support grinding of which op is not one
    LOL... There is nothing more grindy than repeating the same quests 14 days in a row. He's demanding to spend two weeks straight playing the same quests for 4-6 hours each night over and over and over. Does he have a job, a family? Is he addicted to a video game? Sure sounds like it.
    Last edited by Thrudh; 09-22-2013 at 02:26 AM.

LOL... There is nothing more grindy than repeating the same quests 14 days in a row. He's demanding to spend two weeks straight playing the same quests for 4-6 hours each night over and over and over. Does he have a job, a family? Is he addicted to a video game? Sure sounds like it.
    Perhaps he has a two week holiday/vacation coming up?

Perhaps his family are at school or work themselves leaving him with 8 hrs of daytime TV or DDO - Which would you choose?

EDIT: P.S. I in no way support the Insanity of Levelling to 20 in a Day then repeating multiple times - The OP clearly has a lot of spare cash {Otto's Boxes not coming cheap!} BUT attacking his Lifestyle is NOT the way to go.
    Last edited by FranOhmsford; 09-22-2013 at 02:40 AM.

Community Member

wow...just wow......try reading that post again ....since thats pretty much the exact opposite of what his post states

Community Member

wow...just wow......try reading that post again ....since thats pretty much the exact opposite of what his post states
    Not to step on anyone's toes or anything, but you should focus on the first paragraph, last sentence - "That way I could enjoy the new content and my gameplay during my freetime, while still maintaining a healthy lifestyle of work, family, friends, and exercize."

The cycle of just TR/Use Otto's/grind to 20/repeat is the exact opposite of what the old post says - the poster is just recycling the same quests over and over again, as opposed to venturing into the new content, and is pouring a lot more free time into the game then previously indicated.
    Anything can be explained by drunken wizards.

"Hey! I got a piece of the +1 Butter Knife of Victory! Ah-oh, wait, wait. It's just a crummy, normal +1 dagger of ghostbane..."

Yep, what he wants to do TODAY is the exact opposite of what he wrote 3 years ago... which is why I pointed it out.

Quote Originally Posted by FranOhmsford View Post
    Perhaps he has a two week holiday/vacation coming up?

Perhaps his family are at school or work themselves leaving him with 8 hrs of daytime TV or DDO - Which would you choose?

EDIT: P.S. I in no way support the Insanity of Levelling to 20 in a Day then repeating multiple times - The OP clearly has a lot of spare cash {Otto's Boxes not coming cheap!} BUT attacking his Lifestyle is NOT the way to go.
    Maybe I'll snap him out of his addiction insanity by being brutally honest, and he'll thank me someday. Or maybe not.

Maybe I'll snap him out of his addiction insanity by being brutally honest, and he'll thank me someday. Or maybe not.
    Says the guy with 14,000 posts on these forums?

Pot meet Kettle!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast