Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 48
  1. #1
    Founder Delacroix21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Newport Beach, Ca
    Posts
    1,802

    Default Not buying anymore Ottos boxes until a TR Bypass timer is sold!

    As someone who bought 14 Ottos boxes and a TON of other things I am not spending another dime until the TR timer goes away or I can spend shards/whatever to bypass it.


    If we are planning multiple TRs the current 1 week timer is stupid, as anything past level 20 is a complete and utter waste of time.


    Sure we hear the timer is being lowered to 3 days, etc. etc. etc. But something needs to be done NOW! Add a option to reset the timer with shards or something please!
    Making DDO a better game 1 post at a time!

    Triple EVERYTHING Completionist= Heroic 39/39, Iconic 12/12, Epic 36/36

  2. #2
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,330

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Delacroix21 View Post
    As someone who bought 14 Ottos boxes and a TON of other things I am not spending another dime until the TR timer goes away or I can spend shards/whatever to bypass it.


    If we are planning multiple TRs the current 1 week timer is stupid, as anything past level 20 is a complete and utter waste of time.


    Sure we hear the timer is being lowered to 3 days, etc. etc. etc. But something needs to be done NOW! Add a option to reset the timer with shards or something please!
    /signed

    sort of. I don't buy stones, but am definitely down with a shorter TR timer. Especially if they're making it easier for people to TR.

  3. #3
    Community Member Lonnbeimnech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,304

    Default

    doesnt the use of a lesser heart reset the tr timer?

  4. #4
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,330

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lonnbeimnech View Post
    doesnt the use of a lesser heart reset the tr timer?
    ....Wow. Perhaps? If so, then I can't believe I never knew that and it would be a real game changer.

  5. #5
    Community Member Munkenmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    3,691

    Default

    Lr'ing has reset the TR timer since atleast 09.

    Tr'ing also resets the LR timer. It's how I managed to squeeze in 3 lives in a week.

  6. #6
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,330

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fTdOmen View Post
    Lr'ing has reset the TR timer since atleast 09.

    Tr'ing also resets the LR timer. It's how I managed to squeeze in 3 lives in a week.
    Excellent

  7. #7
    Community Member Charononus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    5,345

    Default

    Has anyone done this lately? Sometime around u19 I remember a dev saying that wasn't wai and that they either fixed it or were working on fixing it.

  8. #8
    Founder Delacroix21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Newport Beach, Ca
    Posts
    1,802

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fTdOmen View Post
    Lr'ing has reset the TR timer since atleast 09.

    Tr'ing also resets the LR timer. It's how I managed to squeeze in 3 lives in a week.
    This doesnt work anymore.


    So basically now if you hit 20 in less than a week, which you WILL with an Ottos Box, you know have a useless toon for a week.
    Making DDO a better game 1 post at a time!

    Triple EVERYTHING Completionist= Heroic 39/39, Iconic 12/12, Epic 36/36

  9. #9
    Community Member Qhualor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    10,023

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Delacroix21 View Post
    So basically now if you hit 20 in less than a week, which you WILL with an Ottos Box, you know have a useless toon for a week.
    LOL. I feel your pain. really, I do.

  10. #10
    Community Member Munkenmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    3,691

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Delacroix21 View Post
    This doesnt work anymore.


    So basically now if you hit 20 in less than a week, which you WILL with an Ottos Box, you know have a useless toon for a week.
    Talk about a stupid fix, and a great way to reduce store sales too.

  11. #11
    Founder Delacroix21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Newport Beach, Ca
    Posts
    1,802

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    LOL. I feel your pain. really, I do.
    I planned on doing a TR chain with my Ottos Boxes (which cost me near $600usd) but now if I do I will have NOTHING to do for a total of 14weeks or 3.5 months. In which case I will leave DDO. Considering how much I personally spend on the game, losing me as a player (and others like me who this screws over) is like losing 100 freebie players.
    Making DDO a better game 1 post at a time!

    Triple EVERYTHING Completionist= Heroic 39/39, Iconic 12/12, Epic 36/36

  12. #12
    Founder
    2015 DDO Players Council
    Braegan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Xoriat
    Posts
    3,771

    Default

    retracted.
    Last edited by Braegan; 09-20-2013 at 01:25 PM.
    Git off mah lawn!

    If, If's and But's was Candies and Nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas.

  13. #13
    Community Member Qhualor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    10,023

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Delacroix21 View Post
    I planned on doing a TR chain with my Ottos Boxes (which cost me near $600usd) but now if I do I will have NOTHING to do for a total of 14weeks or 3.5 months. In which case I will leave DDO. Considering how much I personally spend on the game, losing me as a player (and others like me who this screws over) is like losing 100 freebie players.
    so you cant find something else to do in those 14 weeks? maybe slow down the grind and stretch it out? whats the hurry?

  14. #14
    Community Member MichelOue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    game
    Posts
    39

    Arrow I agree no timers, my philosophy....

    Quote Originally Posted by Delacroix21 View Post
    As someone who bought 14 Ottos boxes and a TON of other things I am not spending another dime until the TR timer goes away or I can spend shards/whatever to bypass it.
    But something needs to be done NOW! Add a option to reset the timer with shards or something please!
    I have stress , I have a professional diploma in watchmaking, yes you can time a formula one race, or a super collider. Remains time is in your head, it has no tangible reality.
    Thus as a convention all time can be modified, we do not know the exact size of the world because the metric system is flaud based on the moons, elliptic travel (like an egg), and yadda yadda yadda.... You want the laser light frequency to prove that, the exact subdivision to a second length.... speed of light after an eclipse establishes distance... triangulation establishes distance / location. we could sample not .... total....
    Zelda incorporated that, the moon is crashing upon us GR8 plot until you imagined it could happen (terrifying) look up 48 megaton blast, largest nuclear explosion in history... was that to reposition the moon? GEt CREATIVE NOT LIMITTING. I could bore you all day with Why time is in your head. Constance, isocroneism, inertia, natural element vibration (quartz and it's effect on radio emitions at a certain size), you spied on? haha just be imaginative, and stop raking in the cash with ill effect on enjoyment.

    Point is are you not bored of seeing your life spend away without content )

  15. #15
    Founder Delacroix21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Newport Beach, Ca
    Posts
    1,802

    Default

    Please drop the TR timer or allow Astral Shards or a DDO store timer bypass to bypass it.


    Astral shards probably being the best option.
    Last edited by Delacroix21; 09-19-2013 at 09:19 PM.
    Making DDO a better game 1 post at a time!

    Triple EVERYTHING Completionist= Heroic 39/39, Iconic 12/12, Epic 36/36

  16. #16
    Community Member Munkenmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    3,691

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    so you cant find something else to do in those 14 weeks? maybe slow down the grind and stretch it out? whats the hurry?
    The point is, it's not how he wanted to spend his ddo time. One option is to slow down the grind and stretch it out, (kinda defeats the point of buying otto's boxes) The other option is to find something else to do.

    Can't blame someone for looking for a new hobby if their current hobby becomes less fun.

  17. #17

    Default

    The reincarnation system timer will be reduced to 3 days with the reincarnation update.
    I believe it is update 20.

    There was a Dev post on it.

  18. #18
    Founder Delacroix21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Newport Beach, Ca
    Posts
    1,802

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silverleafeon View Post
    The reincarnation system timer will be reduced to 3 days with the reincarnation update.
    I believe it is update 20.

    There was a Dev post on it.
    And? So it becomes less sucky? Still doesnt change the fact that it takes a day to hit 20 with an Ottos (why sell these then?) and 2 days of a useless toon.
    Making DDO a better game 1 post at a time!

    Triple EVERYTHING Completionist= Heroic 39/39, Iconic 12/12, Epic 36/36

  19. #19

    Default

    You must have a small reincarnation bank then, takes me almost a day to unload and position stuff.

  20. #20
    Community Member Qhualor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    10,023

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Delacroix21 View Post
    And? So it becomes less sucky? Still doesnt change the fact that it takes a day to hit 20 with an Ottos (why sell these then?) and 2 days of a useless toon.
    honestly, I don't see the point in a timer. it cant be for balance because they threw that out the window a long time ago. a tr timer bypass wouldn't surprise me in the DDO store.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload