Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Turbine Guild Banks please add.

Turbine,

Almost every AAA MMO has guild banks even Neverwinter by cryptic and pwe.

You have guild banks in LOTR via the chest storage in guild hall home etc.

I do realize that to code it, you would need to do more then code it due to space and stuff.
    However you can make the guild bank with bank tabs that you unlock for free via guild levels as well as money sink.

Lastly turbine to pay for the guild banks dev time You can charge guilds if they want the 3,4,5,6,7 bank tabs unlocked then via the DDO store they have to buy the unlocks for the guild this is win/win for Turbine to make money with and as extra guild perk at certain levels etc.

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Glithanes View Post
    Turbine,

I do realize that to code it, you would need to do more then code it due to space and stuff.
    However you can make the guild bank with bank tabs that you unlock for free via guild levels as well as money sink.

Lastly turbine to pay for the guild banks dev time You can charge guilds if they want the 3,4,5,6,7 bank tabs unlocked then via the DDO store they have to buy the unlocks for the guild this is win/win for Turbine to make money with and as extra guild perk at certain levels etc.
    I haven't played LOTRO, how is this different from the guild chests you can buy in DDO right now?

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    I haven't played LOTRO, how is this different from the guild chests you can buy in DDO right now?
    Edit: Blargh, you beat me to it. Same question.

Main: 18 Artificer, Thelanis

Community Member

Nice idea, but I have to ask: What's the point? Everything is BTC these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Glithanes View Post
    Turbine,

keep your guild bank and give me more BTC character bank

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    I played lotro for a while, and there was more storage than what we get as I recall. You could get up to three chests I think it was in the guild hall and each one held more than 20...but I forget exactly how many.

However, the ONLY thing the guild hall was good for in Lotro was ego-stroking (You had to have your guild for a real time of a year, and it costs money to buy and 'rent'f or the land, and you can decorate it with trophies) and the chests, there were no buffs. So it's a kind of reasonable tradeoff. Unless, of course, it's changed since I played.

Oh yeah, and you could be incredibly far from the neighborhood it was located in, and it could take forever to get back to it.
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

Quote Originally Posted by Tanngiostr View Post
    keep your guild bank and give me more BTC character bank
    And another Inv tab or two, and the ability to name bags, and a sortable TR cache, and instanced player housing with chests, shelves, mannequins, and shadow boxes (all for storage, obv).

Quote Originally Posted by BOgre View Post
    And another Inv tab or two, and the ability to name bags, and a sortable TR cache, and instanced player housing with chests, shelves, mannequins, and shadow boxes (all for storage, obv).
    And useful quivers (they are storage too) (by useful I am referring to their utility in deploying arrows in combat, not the random buffs that are tacked onto them)
    Matt Walsh:
    But Truth is eternal, so it can never be old or new. It never ‘was’ or ‘will be.’ It just ‘is.’ It always ‘is.’

Quote Originally Posted by Havok.cry View Post
    And useful quivers (they are storage too) (by useful I am referring to their utility in deploying arrows in combat, not the random buffs that are tacked onto them)
    Oh yes, very yes. Preaching to the choir. Some of my earliest posts here have been about better utility in Quivers. Ability to weapon-set them, ability to hotbar individual arrows from within the quiver, and of course naming.

Of all the current crop of "Quality of Life" bugs, Storage in all it's forms is THE most important, imo. Turb could devote an entire update to JUST bringing storage into line with the current state of the game.

Oh yes, very yes. Preaching to the choir. Some of my earliest posts here have been about better utility in Quivers. Ability to weapon-set them, ability to hotbar individual arrows from within the quiver, and of course naming.

Of all the current crop of "Quality of Life" bugs, Storage in all it's forms is THE most important, imo. Turb could devote an entire update to JUST bringing storage into line with the current state of the game.
    We are definitely in the same choir here. They could definitely do an entire update dedicated to storage. They could have a raid with raid loot that was more inventory space, normally store only bags, more bank space, and so on, and it would be run by every character on every server until they all had every item that dropped there, guaranteed.

As a side note, I always thought they should make cosmetic pets that had inventory space and were essentially pack mules for you. I would buy every one of them.
    Matt Walsh:
    But Truth is eternal, so it can never be old or new. It never ‘was’ or ‘will be.’ It just ‘is.’ It always ‘is.’

We are definitely in the same choir here. They could definitely do an entire update dedicated to storage. They could have a raid with raid loot that was more inventory space, normally store only bags, more bank space, and so on, and it would be run by every character on every server until they all had every item that dropped there, guaranteed.

As a side note, I always thought they should make cosmetic pets that had inventory space and were essentially pack mules for you. I would buy every one of them.
    Wow, yes. Storage space as Raid loot??? Holy crud yes.

And cosmetic pets as mules? Jumping Jennifer on a Pogo Stick! Very yes. Very very yes.

I'm still not understanding the difference between the desired Guild Bank and the completely available Guild Chest.

Quote Originally Posted by CheeseMilk View Post
    I'm still not understanding the difference between the desired Guild Bank and the completely available Guild Chest.
    IMHO there isn't. However If they give us a bigger-than-what-we-currently-have guild storage space, I would like it to be a giant pile of gold that you can click on and get the inventory window for it, instead of a bank or a chest. It would just look cooler than either of the other options, especially on the airship.
    Matt Walsh:

They could do a lot more with cosmetic pets than what they have done. Looking cool is just not enough in my opinion. You could have pack mules, collectible picker-upers, weapon carriers that carry a weapon and when you switch to it it flies over to you and the weapon it is carrying becomes the one you just switched out of. You could even have ones that go over and dance on the corpse of anything you kill. Tons of things they could do, that are non-combat, non-quest helping things. They could even sell such things as tricks.
    Matt Walsh:

Yeah, that would be neat.

Also, I would like a way to be able to use the various currencies that my guild has as ship payments for things like airship amenities.

Since the interface on buying ships and depositing toward future ships is terribly unclear about the trade-in discount you receive, my guild has the biggest ship, and something like 1550 AS and several million plat just sitting there, with no way to access it or use it for anything ever again. It's not even accruing interest, for Pete's sake. Let us have our money, and then shut up and take it back!

Yeah, that would be neat.

Also, I would like a way to be able to use the various currencies that my guild has as ship payments for things like airship amenities.

Since the interface on buying ships and depositing toward future ships is terribly unclear about the trade-in discount you receive, my guild has the biggest ship, and something like 1550 AS and several million plat just sitting there, with no way to access it or use it for anything ever again. It's not even accruing interest, for Pete's sake. Let us have our money, and then shut up and take it back!
    I'd sign this too.
    Matt Walsh:

Haha, I never thought there would be an idea that would make me give a fig about endgame and raiding! Well played.

Main: 18 Artificer, Thelanis

Primarily - guild chests here aren't permanent. In LOTRO, you have to keep rent paid on your house, and it will lock if you get behind, but your stuff never disappears.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies ____ Monster Manual

If your guild chest lapses, and you buy it again, it still has all the stuff in it that was there before it went away.

I know this, because we just upgraded to a larger ship, so we had space for a guild chest, and right after buying it, it had stuff in it already. The last time we had a guild chest was sometime in 2011.

Pirate Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

/signed on this, on the quivers, on the pets, and on the storage raid! New loot for the raid: Scroll case, potion belt, mannequin (can hold one each of boots, belt, gloves, goggles etc, so you can sort sets for TRing).

Oh, and I'd LOVE a trick for my gelly cube "Munch" causing it to sit on the nearest slain enemy till it disappears :P

Greetz,
    Red Orm

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast