Community Member

Default What epic reflex save is needed for the new EEs?

I have been busy with a work project and haven't run many of the new quests at all and none on EE. I should have some more free time in the near future so I am trying to figure out if it's worth to take epic reflexes on my 16 ranger / 2 fighter / 2 paladin. He currently has a reflex of 70 without GH. How high of a save is needed for epic reflexes to be useful on EE? I don't think the feat is worth it for EH so I will only take it if I can achieve a no fail save in a decent percentage of level 24+ EE content.
    CC Casting Druid: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...C-Summer-Build
    Shiradi Wiz Plan for 1st Lifers: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...r-First-Lifers
    U25 Patch 1 Dex Halfling Assassin Build: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...x-Assassin-1-0
    Warlock DC Caster: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ld-Blast-Build

Several characters on Sarlona all starting with "Rand" in the Guild "Guardians of House Cannith". My main four characters are Randowl (18 rogue 2 artificer mechanic - hope to go back to DC casting some day), Randslar (Bard 14 / Fighter 4 / Rogue 2 Swashbuckler), Randek (Druid CC Caster 17/Fvs 3) and Randomall (Rogue 20 assassin).

Quote Originally Posted by slarden View Post
    I have been busy with a work project and haven't run many of the new quests at all and none on EE. I should have some more free time in the near future so I am trying to figure out if it's worth to take epic reflexes on my 16 ranger / 2 fighter / 2 paladin. He currently has a reflex of 70 without GH. How high of a save is needed for epic reflexes to be useful on EE? I don't think the feat is worth it for EH so I will only take it if I can achieve a no fail save in a decent percentage of level 24+ EE content.
    IMO the feat is not needed for the new quests at least not whelon but if you plan on doing FoT and ToR on EE then yes it is worth it.
    Argonnessen: Hilmir - Purkilius - Jinu - Vignir @ Blood Assassin´s

I'm finding a 60 to be good enough. Doesn't get everything but gets enough.

A 70 is awesome, some attacks require a save this high but that's not typical.

Quote Originally Posted by slarden View Post
    I think I have about 32 buffed Reflex on my lvl 28 pure DI Sorc. It seems high enough for EE. I was considering dumping dex even lower but you can't start lower then 8 on a human, and Completionist isn't really helping...
    =$==$==$==$==$==$==$==ORIEN==$==$==$==$==$==$==$=
    Darthwolf **(?_?) Zendarth m(?_?m) Darthnoheals \(?_?)
    =$==$==$==$==$==$==House Do'Urden==$==$==$==$==$==$=

Quote Originally Posted by darthhento View Post
    I think I have about 32 buffed Reflex on my lvl 28 pure DI Sorc. It seems high enough for EE. I was considering dumping dex even lower but you can't start lower then 8 on a human, and Completionist isn't really helping...
    Nonsense. The save on EEs in lowish level stuff like Von3 is a 55.

I have had zero issues with a save in the neighborhood of 45-50 in EE content. But anyone can roll a one and can get bitten.

My non evasion druid survives pretty darn well with a 45, but has the HP's to help offset the damage.

My evasion toons, don't have any issues with a 50.
    The Fockers of Argo
    Fuglymofo; LOOON; Hobaggin; Fuglyrobo; Buttscracher; Whoaa

I couldn't edit my previous.

I should have added, I don't play the game looking for "no fail" (anything), if I did, I would severely gimp my toons in other areas. I just shoot for what gets me through the content, and a 45-50 or so has worked good enough for me.

If you are looking for NO FAIL/ NO DAMAGE saves-100% of the time, I couldn't tell you what is needed.
    The Fockers of Argo
    Fuglymofo; LOOON; Hobaggin; Fuglyrobo; Buttscracher; Whoaa

Quote Originally Posted by LOOON375 View Post
    My evasion toons, don't have any issues with a 50.
    It depends on the content . . . we know the chain lightnings in EE VON3 is a 55 save so a 50 would get it most of the time. The reflex saves needed in EE FOT is over a 70.

The blade trap on EE Through a Mirror is over 70, I was no failing on a 72 iirc and failing sometimes with a high 60s. That's the only U19 trap that's really memorable aside from spell wards, which are probably also around 70 save on EE.

Community Member

Thank you for the responses and information. It seems like I am in the ballpark so I'll give epic reflexes a try and see how it works out.

In response to the comments about whether it's worth it to achieve a no fail save, I am no trying to achieve a no fail save, but if I have one already the feat gives me a better outcome than improved evasion which I don't have. If not, the feat is completely useless since it's only beneficial if you have a no fail save most of the time. I may swap it out later if I see another feat that I want to try, but I didn't see anything else that looked better since I already have items that provide me better results than the parma-haste feat.
    CC Casting Druid: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...C-Summer-Build
    Shiradi Wiz Plan for 1st Lifers: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...r-First-Lifers
    U25 Patch 1 Dex Halfling Assassin Build: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...x-Assassin-1-0
    Warlock DC Caster: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ld-Blast-Build

Several characters on Sarlona all starting with "Rand" in the Guild "Guardians of House Cannith". My main four characters are Randowl (18 rogue 2 artificer mechanic - hope to go back to DC casting some day), Randslar (Bard 14 / Fighter 4 / Rogue 2 Swashbuckler), Randek (Druid CC Caster 17/Fvs 3) and Randomall (Rogue 20 assassin).

If you have a spare feat, totally worth it. Not failing reflex save is awesome. And Ice Ellies in What goes Up are a pain in the ars.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rys View Post
    Severlin and Severlin Online. PLAY FOR FREE* NOW!

*maybe
    Farwil, Chaos Gamblers - Argonessen.