Community Member

Default Stone of Experience (Level 16) (AFAIK NOT Known Issue)

I'm almost positive I've found the original opener of the box (the character has everything else). Also before level 8 the accept box behaved like it did from the other characters (lvl 7-16); clicking accept did nothing the target had to click cancel or wait for time-out. After level 8 the target could accept freely.... and nothing would happen. Target character (level 12) in party, in focus, and Stone was used from action bar with both of us in the marketplace.

Help?

Quote Originally Posted by Duken View Post
    I'm almost positive I've found the original opener of the box (the character has everything else). Also before level 8 the accept box behaved like it did from the other characters (lvl 7-16); clicking accept did nothing the target had to click cancel or wait for time-out. After level 8 the target could accept freely.... and nothing would happen. Target character (level 12) in party, in focus, and Stone was used from action bar with both of us in the marketplace.

Help?
    if it's an otto's box, should go to store feedback or report the bug

if it's the "free stones we got when prepurchasing motu" can be used on a char that already did, and can't be used on druids (dunno if in iconics you can, deleted em long ago)
    psykopeta - hoarding pl, for the sake of hoarding, the day i become ubercompletionist will be because there isn't anything to delay it more - thelanis, where the gimps claim to be pros and noobs claim to be pros, no newbies allowed(unless they claim to be pros), we have enough drama w/o them. PS i'm not a pro, maybe if i reincarnate in RL...

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by psykopeta View Post
    if it's an otto's box, should go to store feedback or report the bug

if it's the "free stones we got when prepurchasing motu" can be used on a char that already did, and can't be used on druids (dunno if in iconics you can, deleted em long ago)
    Otto's Box on a bog standard Human Fighter 6/Ranger 6 in his first life and only reincarnated with the free Lesser True Heart of Wood +20 from the last major update. Duken already submitted in-game and report a bug. We've reached the point where we'd be satisfied if someone would just manually give our friend the XP and take the Stone so we can actually frakking play with our friend and be done with this debacle.

Last I heard, using XP tokens from dice rolls would bug out a character so that XP stones could not be used on them. Assuming that's probably what happened to the OP. Turbine knows about it, dunno if it's a Known Issue.

It's not related to xp tokens. That was a suspicion I've had which I've since proved to be false.

U19 simply changed the functionality of stones of xp.

Only the box opener can use the stone, and they can only use it on themself, no more targeting others, no matter what kind of xp stone (pre-motu, ottos, or bigbys).

GM's ingame are very helpful. If you're currently holding the stone of xp, they'll delete it from your inventory, then spawn a new one on the ground infront of you.

Pick it up, and use it, it'll work.

I actually started a thread on this a while ago.

Ah, that sucks.

Community Member

Just for clarification, this is not from the new Otto's Boxes that just came on sale, but from last year. Dunno what difference that makes.

The biggest annoyance is that when Duken tried submitting in-game feedback asking if they could just manually take the stone and give our friend the XP (providing all the relevant information, including server and target character), he got what looked a heck of a lot like a bot response within minutes.
    Last edited by Cyclone_Knight; 09-20-2013 at 01:28 PM. Reason: Additional information.