Community Member inspiredunease's Avatar

Default Sneak speed stacking

Ok, so I was at a bit of a loose end this evening, so I decided to start testing sneak speed stacking. My main issue is trying to find the longest possible straight line course to test on, as I think I have found the best possible sneak speed build already. What I ended up with was 15 monk, 2 ranger, 1 rogue on a Shadar-Kai. I don't think there's anything further that can be added, but I'd love it if someone could suggest any improvements. Anyway, anyone have any ideas as to a perfect straight line course (preferably with decent start and finish line markers) so that I can come up with some more accurate numbers? At the moment I've tested briefly in eveningstar between the bonfire next to the trainers and the one that's just past the entrance to the inn (straight north path).

The preliminary tests seem to indicate that the sprint boost only applies to the base run speed (i.e. base sneak speed in a sneak situation), which means that standard sprinting still ends up faster (average ~8.7 seconds), compared to sneaking with the sprint boost (average ~10.8 seconds). Standard run speed works out quite a bit slower (average ~11.7 seconds). What's ridiculous is that the non-sprint boosted sneak speed (~11.5 seconds) is still actually slightly faster than the non-sprint boosted standard speed. All tests were conducted with 10 repetitions, which is probably not enough to really iron out the bugs, so take that with a pinch of whatever volatile controlled substance you wish.

Can anyone suggest any improvements or better courses, or possibly even just provide me with some sort of psychological help... I have become completely addicted to looking like the vengeful spirit from the grudge

Edit: I may have accidentally some letters.

Community Member

Default yes 1 suggestion.

yes 1 suggestion scrap shadar kai. Drow or halflings make better end game rogues. That chain attack is weak and underpowered @ lvl 20+ EE.

Community Member

Just to save someone else some time, it's no longer possible to select "Faster Sneaking" from more than one enhancement tree.
    My Trade List
    My build: The Jack of Fists, Monk 12 / Ranger 6 / Rogue 2, melee generalist
    My toon: Agthorr on Khyber

Quote Originally Posted by riskyraines View Post
    yes 1 suggestion scrap shadar kai. Drow or halflings make better end game rogues. That chain attack is weak and underpowered @ lvl 20+ EE.
    Rubbish.

Edit: the chain sucks but Kai still have great abilities in the racial tree.
    You'll bend to my will - With or without your precious sanity.

Neilus Soul of the Phoenix - Completionist - Orien

Quote Originally Posted by blerkington View Post
    Everyone who is more effective than me is OP, and should be nerfed.
    Everyone who has more stuff than me cheated to get it, and should be punished.
    Everyone who plays differently to me is a bad person, and should be mistreated.

Quote Originally Posted by inspiredunease View Post
    Ok, so I was at a bit of a loose end this evening, so I decided to start testing sneak speed stacking. My main issue is trying to find the longest possible straight line course to test on, as I think I have found the best possible sneak speed build already. What I ended up with was 15 monk, 2 ranger, 1 rogue on a Shadar-Kai. I don't think there's anything further that can be added, but I'd love it if someone could suggest any improvements. Anyway, anyone have any ideas as to a perfect straight line course (preferably with decent start and finish line markers) so that I can come up with some more accurate numbers? At the moment I've tested briefly in eveningstar between the bonfire next to the trainers and the one that's just past the entrance to the inn (straight north path).

The preliminary tests seem to indicate that the sprint boost only applies to the base run speed (i.e. base sneak speed in a sneak situation), which means that standard sprinting still ends up faster (average ~8.7 seconds), compared to sneaking with the sprint boost (average ~10.8 seconds). Standard run speed works out quite a bit slower (average ~11.7 seconds). What's ridiculous is that the non-sprint boosted sneak speed (~11.5 seconds) is still actually slightly faster than the non-sprint boosted standard speed. All tests were conducted with 10 repetitions, which is probably not enough to really iron out the bugs, so take that with a pinch of whatever volatile controlled substance you wish.

Can anyone suggest any improvements or better courses, or possibly even just provide me with some sort of psychological help... I have become completely addicted to looking like the vengeful spirit from the grudge

Edit: I may have accidentally some letters.
    Faster Sneaking appears to be an untyped speed bonus that stacks with class and enhancement bonuses.

Barbarians and Monks that are able to add Faster Sneaking with Striding 30% gear are probably the fastest in sneaking when their classes are fully trained for the feats or abilities that generate the bonuses.
    Editor, The Book of Syncletica: An unofficial DDO Monk Guide, and Stormreach Shadows: An unofficial DDO Stealth Guide
    The Order of Syncletica: A DDO-flavored blog on Monks and gameplay and more
    (formerly known as Spencerian)