Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. #1
    Hero
    Knight of Movember
    2014 DDO Players Council
    Hafeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    at a keyboard
    Posts
    5,549

    Exclamation I was sad about +5 tomes ...

    ... and I was speculative about +6 tomes on the horizon, but, c'mon, so Soon™ Turbine?

    Seriously, even my cynical nature can't believe how quickly this happened.

    What's the timeline on +7?

    P.S. For those who haven't seen: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...few-new-rubies
    Gamma Tester, Dungeons & Dragons Online
    Beta Tester, DDO: Eberron Unlimited
    Alpha Tester, DDO: Stormreach

  2. #2
    Community Member Soulfurnace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The Land of Oz
    Posts
    1,534

    Default

    +7?

    Gotta look to the future mate. +10's are coming around in the store 'round Christmas

  3. #3
    Community Member Lonnbeimnech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,288

    Default

    only one per character and theyre btc. not sure what stat i will use mine on, im thinking con since its useful for any build

  4. #4
    Community Member Nightmanis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    916

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soulfurnace View Post
    +7?

    Gotta look to the future mate. +10's are coming around in the store 'round Christmas
    If they stay with the same leveling progression, the +7 tomes wouldn't be available until they up the cap to 30. I think the min level on the +6's is 23 anyway, so +7 would be level 27. +10 would be another I want to say 12 levels over that just for the min level, so ml39. I'm basing this off the fact that the +3 is ml11, +4 ml15, and +5 ml19.

  5. #5
    Community Member Soulfurnace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The Land of Oz
    Posts
    1,534

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmanis View Post
    If they stay with the same leveling progression, the +7 tomes wouldn't be available until they up the cap to 30. I think the min level on the +6's is 23 anyway, so +7 would be level 27. +10 would be another I want to say 12 levels over that just for the min level, so ml39. I'm basing this off the fact that the +3 is ml11, +4 ml15, and +5 ml19.
    You didn't hear? ML: 40 is u20.
    Suffer the power creep.

  6. #6
    Community Member Nightmanis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    916

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lonnbeimnech View Post
    only one per character and theyre btc. not sure what stat i will use mine on, im thinking con since its useful for any build
    Which makes this hardly a bad thing. If they just put the +6's in the events and make them BTC/Once per character like they are now, then I can hardly understand how exactly it would be OP or game breaking. Yay I have +1 con more than I did with the maximum possible gear!!

    I mean, if anything this just allows some first lifers noobies a bit of an edge for their first toon. Maybe a bit more strength, or a bit more con. However, this becomes a bit of a problem because of the high ML.

  7. #7
    Hero Phoenix-daBard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Beaverton, Oregon
    Posts
    1,257

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hafeal View Post
    ... and I was speculative about +6 tomes on the horizon, but, c'mon, so Soon™ Turbine?

    Seriously, even my cynical nature can't believe how quickly this happened.

    What's the timeline on +7?

    P.S. For those who haven't seen: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...few-new-rubies
    You do realize that they are ability tomes not stat tomes right?

  8. #8
    Hero
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    SW United States
    Posts
    2,776

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix-daBard View Post
    You do realize that they are ability tomes not stat tomes right?
    Umm, those are the same thing, I think you thinking skill tome (Heal, UMD, Search, perform, etc). But ability and stat are the same. And the +6 tomes on Lama are the Stat variety (STR, CON, DEX, INT, CHA or WIS).
    Last edited by Drwaz99; 09-18-2013 at 09:40 PM.

  9. #9
    Community Member hucka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    127

    Default

    +6 tomes are in the normal DnD rules, so im not really surprised to see them tbh

    anything above +6, THAT would be stupid

  10. #10
    Community Member Soulfurnace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The Land of Oz
    Posts
    1,534

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hucka View Post
    +6 tomes are in the normal DnD rules, so im not really surprised to see them tbh

    anything above +6, THAT would be stupid
    Would you be surprised though?

  11. #11
    Hero Phoenix-daBard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Beaverton, Oregon
    Posts
    1,257

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drwaz99 View Post
    Umm, those are the same thing, I think you thinking skill tome (Heal, UMD, Search, perform, etc). But ability and stat are the same. And the +6 tomes on Lama are the Stat variety (STR, CON, DEX, INT, CHA or WIS).
    Oops! My bad!

  12. #12
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,673

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hucka View Post
    +6 tomes are in the normal DnD rules, so im not really surprised to see them tbh

    anything above +6, THAT would be stupid
    No, the maximum possible inherent bonus in 3.5E is +5. DMG pg 21. The wish and miracle spells do not let you go beyond 5, and there is no tome over +5 in PnP.

  13. #13
    Community Member hucka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    127

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oweieie View Post
    No, the maximum possible inherent bonus in 3.5E is +5. DMG pg 21. The wish and miracle spells do not let you go beyond 5, and there is no tome over +5 in PnP.
    you are right, damn, remembered that wrong, maybe cause the normal item max bonus is +6

    in that case +6 tomes are stupid

  14. #14
    Community Member Drelak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    190

    Default

    I think +6 tomes are not stupid, because they are on epic levels. It would be stupid to have +6 tome usable by heroic level toons.

  15. #15
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    454

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drelak View Post
    I think +6 tomes are not stupid, because they are on epic levels. It would be stupid to have +6 tome usable by heroic level toons.
    agreed

    i think +7 will be around when the cap hits 30
    it makes both gaming and financial sense for turbine.

    your friend sil

  16. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hafeal View Post
    ... and I was speculative about +6 tomes on the horizon, but, c'mon, so Soon™ Turbine?

    Seriously, even my cynical nature can't believe how quickly this happened.

    What's the timeline on +7?

    P.S. For those who haven't seen: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...few-new-rubies
    One tome per character, requiring 4 days worth of playing. It's about the ONLY reason anyone have to run Mabar anymore. That and the fact that those damn giant skellies are gone.

  17. #17
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    5,372

    Default

    Wow this is great! I am looking forward to the great new things from the Mabar festival.
    CC Casting Druid: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...C-Summer-Build
    Shiradi Wiz Plan for 1st Lifers: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...r-First-Lifers
    U25 Patch 1 Dex Halfling Assassin Build: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...x-Assassin-1-0
    Warlock DC Caster: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ld-Blast-Build

    Several characters on Sarlona all starting with "Rand" in the Guild "Guardians of House Cannith". My main four characters are Randowl (18 rogue 2 artificer mechanic - hope to go back to DC casting some day), Randslar (Bard 14 / Fighter 4 / Rogue 2 Swashbuckler), Randek (Druid CC Caster 17/Fvs 3) and Randomall (Rogue 20 assassin).

  18. #18
    Community Member Skavenaps's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    669

    Default

    if any of you have read the epic manual, a +7 have caster level 29.

    So yeah, when cap its 30, i guess tomes will stop at +7

  19. #19
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In a box.
    Posts
    2,267

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oweieie View Post
    No, the maximum possible inherent bonus in 3.5E is +5. DMG pg 21. The wish and miracle spells do not let you go beyond 5, and there is no tome over +5 in PnP.
    We're long out of 3.5 rules in this game. Plus when you can get +8 stat gear at level 15 having a +6 tome that doesn't apply the last plus until what, 23? Seems almost quaint.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload