Default Mindflayers learned a new trick...

Was running the drow arena challenge in eveningstar cavern.

Mindflayer stunned me briefly with mind blast(rolled a 1 I believe) but made the first save to get out of it, started beating on mindflayer and his buddies. The mindflayer started his "suck your brains" animation, I drop dead a few moments later mid swing, mindflayer starts vomiting because I was on a WF toon.

this will make flayers worse than those shardakai and their damn chains if it goes live
    Formerly Rathic of harvestgain

Default I don't believe this is new

I believe this has been around for awhile, their mind blast doesn't last nearly as long as it used to and thanks to that, they never updated the attack to have anything in it that says something to the effect of "target must be helpless/mindblasted" in order for the death effect to process.

Bowerkoopa,

Mindflayers, the more sophisticated brain eaters of DDO

Keeper of Keenbean's Heart

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vyrtigo View Post
    I believe this has been around for awhile, their mind blast doesn't last nearly as long as it used to and thanks to that, they never updated the attack to have anything in it that says something to the effect of "target must be helpless/mindblasted" in order for the death effect to process.

Bowerkoopa,

Mindflayers, the more sophisticated brain eaters of DDO
    Yeah, they've always done that. And have always puked from WF too. I'm pretty sure you can get out of range of it...so if you're stunned, and they start sucking, hold backwards or whatever so as soon as you are mobile again you can scoot out of range of the brain-sucking.

The way I remember it, if they start the brain suck animation, you are in trouble if you are stunned or not. You could prevent them from starting it, though, by beating on them hard enough or running away. Them stunning you just makes it hard for you to prevent them from doing it.
    The problem is never how to get new, innovative thoughts into your mind, but how to get old ones out. Every mind is a building filled with archaic furniture. Clean out a corner of your mind and creativity will instantly fill it.
    Dee Hock

Pretty sure its always worked that way.

Next time. step out of range instead of standing there and letting him eat your brain.
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

More accurate: block line of effect. Once that special attack started you'll be dead if squidward is not interrupted. Earthquake, trip, stun, anything which brings him down or makes him unable to act.
    Characters on Orien:
    Wanzer/ Klingtanz/ Incanta Superior/ Mercantus

well that sucks, I have had a long tumultuous relationship with freds. I got used to playing on my paladin who laughed at their mind blast
    Formerly Rathic of harvestgain