Community Member

Default Sigil pices not dropping in the orchard wilderness chests

Is it my bad luck or is there others out there who don't get the sigils to drop. I've been grinding alot these last week and I still miss that last piec that by the way may drop in all the quests.

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

I've always found sigil drops to be extremely rare in the orchard, especially as the tome and shield pieces are equally rare making the roll for them all probably really small. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a second roll to determine which of the three specials we get.

But grinding vol is pretty easy and fast solo or grouped. Instead of grinding rares you might want to try that for a bit if you're not already ransacked.
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

Quote Originally Posted by Weslock666 View Post
    Is it my bad luck or is there others out there who don't get the sigils to drop. I've been grinding alot these last week and I still miss that last piec that by the way may drop in all the quests.
    I think you're just unlucky so far. They were dropping in the last release. I doubt that they changed it.

However, I'm thinking you you'll still need to run the quests to get the "critical" pieces to the sigil, as I personally have never seen them drop as chest loot.

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by bsquishwizzy View Post
    I think you're just unlucky so far. They were dropping in the last release. I doubt that they changed it.

However, I'm thinking you you'll still need to run the quests to get the "critical" pieces to the sigil, as I personally have never seen them drop as chest loot.
    I have. I've also gotten the previously bound to a single quest ones as a second drop in another. In vol I got the vol piece and the ghosts piece. Of course I needed the inferno piece, but what's a turtle to do. LOL I was really surprised to see that, but it's happened a few other times, and I've gotten the 'bound' pieces in the rares, but really really rarely.
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

I have managed to get all the pieces from chests, and have gotten a few since the last update so they DO drop, but rarely.
    Dystopia = utopia achieved

Community Member

Thank you all for the quick response. I finally got the last pice in Temple of Vol in the 5th run today.

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Weslock666 View Post
    Thank you all for the quick response. I finally got the last pice in Temple of Vol in the 5th run today.
    Cheers you onward! Enjoy Litany! I actually kinda do, I think it's fun. But I've been told I'm odd before...so take it with a grain of salt.

Do you have to grind a new sigil after you TR?
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

"Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by brian14 View Post
    Do you have to grind a new sigil after you TR?
    Yes, unless you have leftover pieces from the prior life and saved them into your cache. And I suspect you still have to run the four quests at least once to flag in addition to the pieces, but I don't know that for concrete fact.

Quote Originally Posted by TrinityTurtle View Post
    Yes, unless you have leftover pieces from the prior life and saved them into your cache. And I suspect you still have to run the four quests at least once to flag in addition to the pieces, but I don't know that for concrete fact.
    only the sigils I believe

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Tanngiostr View Post
    only the sigils I believe
    Hm...I shall have to test this now, curiousity abounds. I think I have half a sigil on the toon I was thinking of tring, should be easy to farm up the rest and find out next life.

Yup, you just need a full sigil, don't need to run the quests at all.

Although you'll probably want to, since the xp is excellent, and you'll want more sigil bits for the life after.

Honestly, with the new quest ransack rules, it's a good idea to have a sigil pre-made before TRing so that you can run litany below level, then run it once or twice a day as you progress, even before you get around to doing the Necro IV quests. It's a great xp source without the monotony of doing it 9 times all at once.

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by CheeseMilk View Post
    even before you get around to doing the Necro IV quests. It's a great xp source without the monotony of doing it 9 times all at once.
    And this is why I never do anything 9 times! Monotony extreme! People laugh at my elite streak one and done leveling method, supplemented by a second hard run in the lean levels like 14, but it works. *shrugs* It's slower than the big xp grindfests, but I'm playing a game to have fun, not racing. : )