Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
Results 161 to 169 of 169
  1. #161
    Community Member Postumus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    SW Wheloon
    Posts
    6,874

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arlannis View Post
    One possible reason is the following:

    Troll, I have no idea what you're talking about here. I've spent hours and hours in Wheloon wilderness, and I have had very little lag -- certainly no more than anywhere else. The Shadowfell effect has not given me any obvious lag increases. I know you don't like the visual effect, but that's a matter of opinion rather than a technical issue, and I personally have no problem with it.

    I've also not run into any double-spawns in quests or instant red alerts. That may be because I haven't run the quests much, I don't know. But another possibility, which would explain the lack of discussion about it, is...

    ...maybe most people aren't having these problems?
    This. The "if it happens to me then it MUST be happening to everyone" conclusion is typical of the anti-logic used by doombois and the self-centered ME ME MEMMOers.
    Last edited by Postumus; 09-21-2013 at 02:54 PM.

  2. #162
    Community Member redspecter23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    3,688

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Postumus View Post
    This. The "if it happens to me then it MUST be happening to everyone" conclusion is typical of the anti-logic used by doombois and the self-centered ME ME MEMMOers.
    I personally find the purple haze effect does negatively impact my performance. It's not a difficult logical leap to assume that it also effects other players and to varying degrees. Some may see no effect at all. It may depend on system specs or graphical effects. The end result is that some players are experiencing negative system performance which seems to be directly related to the purple haze.

    As far as instaspawning red alerts, there are quests where that happens and this is not subjective. When the devs say they need to put dungeon alert into the game to reduce the number of overall mobs when players zerg, then at the same time have those troublesome amounts of mobs spawn within seconds all at once, you question their design logic. Either that number of mobs is a bad thing or it's not. They need to make up their minds. Adding both red dungeon alert and the general lag associated with 15+ mobs simultaneously spawning adds 2 levels of artificial challenge outside of the normal game rules and the player has very little control over this lag and alert, unlike normal alert situations that can be caused by zerging. If someone isn't seeing these massive spawns they probably aren't in the right quests. It doesn't happen everywhere, but when it does it feels like you've been lagslapped by a disgruntled game designer pushing for troll of the year award at work.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

  3. #163
    Community Member bsquishwizzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,822

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    Yeah ddo isn't a terminal patient or anything right now overall, however to me it looks like the 300lbs 45 year old chain smoker, nothing is wrong yet but it's got some bad things going on that need to be fixed before things go very wrong.
    You know, the sad part about that analogy is that I've known people who were in top physical condition, ate well, and did everything they were supposed to do to remain healthy.

    Then out on a bike ride...massive stroke...dropped dead. Or heart attack. Stuff along those lines.





    Now where are those Pall Malls...?

  4. #164
    Community Member Postumus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    SW Wheloon
    Posts
    6,874

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redspecter23 View Post
    I personally find the purple haze effect does negatively impact my performance. It's not a difficult logical leap to assume that it also effects other players and to varying degrees. Some may see no effect at all. It may depend on system specs or graphical effects. The end result is that some players are experiencing negative system performance which seems to be directly related to the purple haze.

    As far as instaspawning red alerts, there are quests where that happens and this is not subjective. When the devs say they need to put dungeon alert into the game to reduce the number of overall mobs when players zerg, then at the same time have those troublesome amounts of mobs spawn within seconds all at once, you question their design logic. Either that number of mobs is a bad thing or it's not. They need to make up their minds. Adding both red dungeon alert and the general lag associated with 15+ mobs simultaneously spawning adds 2 levels of artificial challenge outside of the normal game rules and the player has very little control over this lag and alert, unlike normal alert situations that can be caused by zerging. If someone isn't seeing these massive spawns they probably aren't in the right quests. It doesn't happen everywhere, but when it does it feels like you've been lagslapped by a disgruntled game designer pushing for troll of the year award at work.

    not saying it doesnt affect some players. I know it does. Assuming it affects all players in some way is bad logic and has easily been proven false by posters in this thread. Assuming all players dislike certain affects is even worse logic.


    I have no qualms about s

  5. #165
    Community Member zDragonz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Earth and and full time at work: I move 400 lb stainless steel Refrigerators with ease!
    Posts
    691

    Default

    This is the right idea and Blizzard can afford to do it. They are the monopoly of this type of genre. They can afford to test this to see if it works. They have the capital ($) to invest in such an idea and they have the research and development uncanny to all others! They have been already doing this for years!

    I think they will be right.

    I do not like the astral shard auction house. I think btcoe is none-sense. Save greensteal only. ALSO, I think that the weapon description does not say enough! For example: Shock IV, bloodletting III! Instead it says Shock of bloodletting. Not enough to make it sell in the first place and pointless for us to put it on the ASAH!
    If it does not put/say I,II, III, or IV or even V or VI of whatever, we will not buy it, We don't have the time or patience to read every weapon to see if we want to buy it! A HUGE OVERSIGHT! TF!

    Yes we can learn from them. They already did the research otherwise it would not have happened in the first place! And thank your for this thread!

    It takes millions of dollars to find out this type of information. This thread is a godsend.

    I am not an expert, but I think the OP has something here and it should be examined.
    Last edited by zDragonz; 09-21-2013 at 10:25 PM.

  6. #166
    Community Member zDragonz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Earth and and full time at work: I move 400 lb stainless steel Refrigerators with ease!
    Posts
    691

    Default

    DDO got greensteal right. Maybe Blizzard can learn from that!

    That is all!

  7. #167
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    55

    Default

    Just gonna throw out a few quick hits here.

    Lack of LFM's is an issue. Some new players don't even understand how it works and most (pretty comfortable saying majority here) probably stop using them or leave the game due to bad experiences with the elitists.

    Elitists in general are pretty bad for the community. If you're that solo type then solo, if your guild is wholly elitist then run with your guild. If you put up a LFM that states "BYOH, know it, ip" you're cancerous to the social community that makes DDO what it is. It's like crying for help and then being unappreciative. Nobody likes that kind of attitude and NOTHING will turn off new players faster as LFM's are the way they integrate into the community and learn. If you're that good at the game, and most of us are, then you've been playing long enough to have enough friends/guildies/contacts to get a group together without spreading social herpes to those trying to get a foothold.

    The new 'expansion' is awful. This is beyond question and I truly feel for those who paid for it. My only hope is that Turbine is using that chunk of change as a means to create something worthwhile. As it stands now however Shadowfell should have been a free update available to VIP players or for small purchase through the store.

    New random gen loot is an absolute failure. Completely generic and completely overpowered at the same time. As said before weapons/armors are borderline useless while the other accessories are so out of control powerful they totally trivialized almost all raid/high end loot prior to them. What the hell good is a white armor/helm set from eGH anymore? 50 hit points? Let's face it, you'll easily get better defense numbers using random gen ****. Deadly items? Shoot me in the face now.

    Changes to heroic-level weapons that add the 'Paragon Weapon' stat. Great idea honestly, I'm cool with it. But only if all of the named/raid loot is updated accordingly. Between the new loot gen stats and lack of retro upgrades this last update completely trivialized every damn item in the game outside of a few select armors and weapons. How many people have or will leave the game because of this?

    The lag in Eveningstar is atrocious in general. Sure sure, I know, I need to play on a real pc instead of a laptop with junk intel graphics. But I'm not going to spend $800 on a computer to play a game that I already have to P2P just to not be left out as it is. I'm fairly certain the areas could have been made 'pretty' without using all sorts of lag inducing placeables.

    I don't have a problem with the regular AH even though a toon with decent Haggle can hit plat cap in about 1 month running eGH content. The shard house on the other hand is not a great idea. It's just another way to promote a P2W atmosphere that has already gone a bit far.

    In the end I just don't know where any of this is going to go. Enhancement change = great for new players. Loot gen change = great for fresh new players. New players that get said loot gen = no need to ever run any content other than for xp purposes. But one thing I do know is if Turbine releases another paid update and it's **** like Shadowfell this game will die with some quickness. Paid for content needs to have content. Content is not a magical word, it's not that hard, and nobody here wants to shell out another $40 come December for another raid-less mountain wilderness area and a **** Iconic.

    Be good to your fellow players in game and only support the paid expansions if they actually add something.

  8. #168
    Community Member djl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Emerge2012 View Post
    Just gonna throw out a few quick hits here.

    Lack of LFM's is an issue. Some new players don't even understand how it works and most (pretty comfortable saying majority here) probably stop using them or leave the game due to bad experiences with the elitists.

    Elitists in general are pretty bad for the community. If you're that solo type then solo, if your guild is wholly elitist then run with your guild. If you put up a LFM that states "BYOH, know it, ip" you're cancerous to the social community that makes DDO what it is. It's like crying for help and then being unappreciative. Nobody likes that kind of attitude and NOTHING will turn off new players faster as LFM's are the way they integrate into the community and learn. If you're that good at the game, and most of us are, then you've been playing long enough to have enough friends/guildies/contacts to get a group together without spreading social herpes to those trying to get a foothold.

    The new 'expansion' is awful. This is beyond question and I truly feel for those who paid for it. My only hope is that Turbine is using that chunk of change as a means to create something worthwhile. As it stands now however Shadowfell should have been a free update available to VIP players or for small purchase through the store.

    New random gen loot is an absolute failure. Completely generic and completely overpowered at the same time. As said before weapons/armors are borderline useless while the other accessories are so out of control powerful they totally trivialized almost all raid/high end loot prior to them. What the hell good is a white armor/helm set from eGH anymore? 50 hit points? Let's face it, you'll easily get better defense numbers using random gen ****. Deadly items? Shoot me in the face now.

    Changes to heroic-level weapons that add the 'Paragon Weapon' stat. Great idea honestly, I'm cool with it. But only if all of the named/raid loot is updated accordingly. Between the new loot gen stats and lack of retro upgrades this last update completely trivialized every damn item in the game outside of a few select armors and weapons. How many people have or will leave the game because of this?

    The lag in Eveningstar is atrocious in general. Sure sure, I know, I need to play on a real pc instead of a laptop with junk intel graphics. But I'm not going to spend $800 on a computer to play a game that I already have to P2P just to not be left out as it is. I'm fairly certain the areas could have been made 'pretty' without using all sorts of lag inducing placeables.

    I don't have a problem with the regular AH even though a toon with decent Haggle can hit plat cap in about 1 month running eGH content. The shard house on the other hand is not a great idea. It's just another way to promote a P2W atmosphere that has already gone a bit far.

    In the end I just don't know where any of this is going to go. Enhancement change = great for new players. Loot gen change = great for fresh new players. New players that get said loot gen = no need to ever run any content other than for xp purposes. But one thing I do know is if Turbine releases another paid update and it's **** like Shadowfell this game will die with some quickness. Paid for content needs to have content. Content is not a magical word, it's not that hard, and nobody here wants to shell out another $40 come December for another raid-less mountain wilderness area and a **** Iconic.

    Be good to your fellow players in game and only support the paid expansions if they actually add something.
    Shadowfail was so abysmal that they AREN'T going to be able to sell another expansion you have to pay for. Unless they include Ottos Boxes or something like that as part of a pre-order deal, nobody is going to buy another expansion from them. Too many people got burned with this one. Heck, the attrition is so visible now that many people are even hesitant to buy anything from Turbine, out of fear they are just wasting their money on a game that will be dead soon.

    Turbine talked about a lvl 30 raid coming early next year, but at the rate things are going by the time it comes out there may not be any vets left to play it. There are only so many times someone who prefers challenging end-game can TR their toons before they are just sick of it and leave for greener pastures.
    Last edited by djl; 09-22-2013 at 10:52 AM.

  9. #169
    Community Member Charononus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    5,345

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by djl View Post
    Shadowfail was so abysmal that they AREN'T going to be able to sell another expansion you have to pay for. Unless they include Ottos Boxes or something like that as part of a pre-order deal, nobody is going to buy another expansion from them. Too many people got burned with this one. Heck, the attrition is so visible now that many people are even hesitant to buy anything from Turbine, out of fear they are just wasting their money on a game that will be dead soon.

    Turbine talked about a lvl 30 raid coming early next year, but at the rate things are going by the time it comes out there may not be any vets left to play it. There are only so many times someone who prefers challenging end-game can TR their toons before they are just sick of it and leave for greener pastures.
    This.

    I burned myself / got burned by buying before the details were out. I find the loot horrible, the xp horrible, the content boring and uninspired repeats of previous quest designs, the effects cause lag and in my case motion sickness. I doubt I'll be buying anything again unless peoples reviews of it are amazing.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload