Default Developers: any news on the new Sorcerer's tree?

As title. Can we at least know which one is it? AotS is in the air since 2009 (IIRC) and never say never.

What are we getting and when? What will be its focus? What you plan to accomplish with it (the new tree)?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rys View Post
    Severlin and Severlin Online. PLAY FOR FREE* NOW!

*maybe
    Farwil, Chaos Gamblers - Argonessen.

Teaseeee meeehhh

*maybe

Community Member

It will be Force-Savant so they don't have to think about anything new (I hope not)
    Wayfinder: Drache-V26, Taragon-V4 Quarterstaff-Bot, Iridal-Cleric, Xar-Level 4 Mule

Community Member

I'm kind of hoping for something red dragon disciple 'esque..
    Zaphear(Completionist), Lugziurious, Lugzmeat Shield, Lugzii, Lugziii, Lugzsing Measong - De Profundis

Quote Originally Posted by zaphear View Post
    I'm kind of hoping for something red dragon disciple 'esque..
    If they do dragon disciple it should have selectors so we can be any color. Doing only red would be, in my opinion, retarded. Especially when they obviously have the tech to do all the colors in one tree.

I am still hoping they give us Acolyte of the Skin, giving us devil abilities along with conjuration (summoning your cousins) and enchantment (deal with the devil) bonuses... maybe illusion stuff also, like the teiflings in the carnival chain.
    Matt Walsh:
    But Truth is eternal, so it can never be old or new. It never ‘was’ or ‘will be.’ It just ‘is.’ It always ‘is.’

Quote Originally Posted by Havok.cry View Post
    If they do dragon disciple it should have selectors so we can be any color. Doing only red would be, in my opinion, retarded. Especially when they obviously have the tech to do all the colors in one tree.

I am still hoping they give us Acolyte of the Skin, giving us devil abilities along with conjuration (summoning your cousins) and enchantment (deal with the devil) bonuses... maybe illusion stuff also, like the teiflings in the carnival chain.
    That's what I hope too. AotS looks really cool on paper.

Cmon Devs, show me some love! What's the plan?

*maybe

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wizza View Post
    That's what I hope too. AotS looks really cool on paper.

Cmon Devs, show me some love! What's the plan?
    I keep hearing about this acolyte of the skin thingy and I am not too into the whole lore of D&D, so would someone mind posting a link or the whole description of this coveted prestige. Just really curious as to why so many want this and what the advantages of it are.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Da_Most_Shady View Post
    I keep hearing about this acolyte of the skin thingy and I am not too into the whole lore of D&D, so would someone mind posting a link or the whole description of this coveted prestige. Just really curious as to why so many want this and what the advantages of it are.

Thanks.
    Wear Fiend (Su): An acolyte of the skin summons the essence of a fiend and wears it like a second skin. The bonded fiendish skin is for all intents and purposes the character’s own. It increases the acolyte of the skin’s natural armor bonus by 1 and grants a +2 inherent bonus to Dexterity. The acolyte also gains darkvision out to 60 feet. The DM determines the actual nature of the skin, be it demonic, devilish, or from some other fiendish creature.

Poison (Sp): An acolyte of the skin can use poison once per day as an 8th-level caster. The save DC is 14 + the acolyte’s primary spellcasting ability modifier (Intelligence for wizards, Charisma for sorcerers and warlocks, Wisdom for clerics, and so forth). At 5th level, an acolyte can use this ability two times per day.

Flame Resistant (Ex): At 2nd level and higher, the fiendish skin binds more tightly, granting an acolyte resistance to fire 10.

Fiendish Glare (Su): From 3rd level on, an acolyte of the skin has the supernatural ability to unnerve opponents with a ferocious glare once per day. This is not a gaze attack, and the target need not meet the acolyte’s eyes or even see the acolyte (although the acolyte must have line of effect to the target). Glaring is a standard action that affects any creature the acolyte can see within 100 feet. The target becomes shaken for 10 minutes, and must also attempt a Will save (DC 10 + acolyte’s class level + Cha modifier) or be stunned. The duration of the stun effect depends on the target’s hit points:
    50 or less 10 rounds
    51 to 100 3 rounds
    101 to 150 2 rounds
    151 or more 1 round
    Fiendish glare is a mind-affecting fear effect.

Skin Adaptation (Su): By 5th level, an acolyte’s skin and its wearer have grown more comfortable together, as if they had never been separate. The increase to natural armor granted by the fiendish skin improves to +2, the acolyte gains a +2 inherent bonus to Constitution, and the acolyte’s darkvision is effective out to 120 feet.

Cold Resistant (Ex): Beginning at 6th level, an acolyte has resistance to cold 10.

Glare of the Pit (Su): At 7th level and higher, an acolyte has the supernatural ability to produce fiery rays from his eyes. Once per day as a standard action, he can project two rays (one from each eye) with a range of 100 feet. Each ray requires a ranged touch attack to hit and deals 8d6 points of fire damage. The rays can be aimed at two different targets within range, but the target of each ray must be designated simultaneously.

Summon Fiend (Sp): At 9th level, an acolyte learns to draw on another power of his fiendish skin. If the skin is demonic, once per day he can summon a babau; if devilish, once per day he can summon a chain devil. The summoned creature does the acolyte’s bidding, but it automatically returns whence it came after 1 hour. A summoned creature cannot use any innate summoning abilities it might have. An acolyte’s caster level for this ability is equal to his spellcaster level.

Fiendish Symbiosis (Ex): At 10th level, the fiendish skin and acolyte become one, and only final death can separate them. The acolyte’s type changes to outsider. Additionally, an acolyte of this level gains damage reduction 10/good. Unlike other outsiders, an acolyte can be raised or resurrected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraphim View Post
    Fly? That would break every quest in the game. You would see folks falling from the sky in Korthos and dying. It would be a rain of newbs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dandonk View Post
    Yeah. It's not "we nuked the city from orbit", it's "the city experienced a brief population drop". Check.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dagolar View Post
    snipped
    Thanks for posting the info.

Don't see anything really special. Just seems like a flavor build to me.

Just some DR, cold and fire resistance, and a summon. Would prefer a different prestige myself. I think the Dragon Disciple makes more sense and complements the draconic destiny.

Not sure if this is the proper lore or place but saw this on the Dragon Disciple Prestige from this site http://dndtools.eu/classes/dragon-disciple/ Also pasted it in case people want to see it here.

Dragon Disciple

(Dungeon Master's Guide v.3.5 variant, p. 183)

Dragon disciples use their magic as a catalyst to ignite their dragon blood.
    Requirements

Skills: Knowledge (arcana) 8 ranks

Race: Any nondragon (cannot already be a half-dragon).

Languages: Draconic.

Spellcasting: Ability to cast arcane spells without preparation.

Special: The player chooses a dragon variety when taking the first level in this prestige class, subject to the DM’s approval.

Hit die
    d12

Skill points
    2 + Int

Class Features

Weapon and Armor Proficiency: Dragon disciples gain no proficiency with any weapon or armor.

Bonus Spells: Dragon disciples gain bonus spells as they gain levels in this prestige class, as if from having a high ability score, as given on Table 6–7. A bonus spell can be added to any level of spells the disciple already has the ability to cast. If a character has more than one spellcasting class, he must decide to which class he adds each bonus spell as it is gained. Once a bonus spell has been applied, it cannot be shifted.

Natural Armor Increase (Ex): At 1st, 4th, and 7th level, a dragon disciple becomes more draconic in appearance. His skin develops tiny iridescent scales, nearly invisible at first but becoming more noticeable at higher levels. This provides an increase to the character’s existing natural armor (if any), as indicated on Table 6–7 (the numbers represent the total increase gained to that point). As his skin thickens, a dragon disciple takes on more and more of his progenitor’s physical aspect.

Claws and Bite (Ex): At 2nd level, a dragon disciple gains claw and bite attacks if he does not already have them. Use the values above or the disciple’s base claw and bite damage values, whichever are greater.

Size Bite Damage Claw Damage
    Small 1d4 1d3
    Medium 1d6 1d4
    Large 1d8 1d6

A dragon disciple is considered proficient with these attacks. When making a full attack, a dragon disciple uses his full base attack bonus with his bite attack but takes a –5 penalty on claw attacks. The Multiattack feat (see page 304 of the Monster Manual) reduces this penalty to only –2.

Ability Boost (Ex): As a dragon disciple gains levels in this prestige class, his ability scores increase as noted on Table 6–7. These increases stack and are gained as if through level advancement.

Breath Weapon (Su): At 3rd level, a dragon disciple gains a minor breath weapon, derived from his draconic ancestor. The type and shape depend on the dragon variety whose heritage he enjoys (see below). Regardless of the ancestor, the breath weapon deals 2d8 points of damage of the appropriate energy type. At 7th level, the damage increases to 4d8, and when a disciple attains dragon apotheosis at 10th level it reaches its full power at 6d8. Regardless of its strength, the breath weapon can be used only once per day. Use all the rules for dragon breath weapons (see page 69 of the Monster Manual) except as specified here. The DC of the breath weapon is 10 + class level + Con modifier. A line-shaped breath weapon is 5 feet high, 5 feet wide, and 60 feet long. A cone-shaped breath weapon is 30 feet long.

Dragon Variety1 Breath Weapon
    Black Line of acid
    Blue Line of lightning
    Green Cone of corrosive gas (acid)
    Red Cone of fire
    White Cone of cold
    Brass Line of fire
    Bronze Line of lightning
    Copper Line of acid
    Gold Cone of fire
    Silver Cone of cold
    1 Other varieties of dragon disciple are possible, using other dragon varieties as ancestors.

Blindsense (Ex): At 5th level, the dragon disciple gains blindsense with a range of 30 feet. Using nonvisual senses, such as acute smell or hearing, the dragon disciple notices things it cannot see. He usually does not need to make Spot or Listen checks to notice and pinpoint the location of creatures within range of his blindsense ability, provided that he has line of effect to that creature. Any opponent the dragon disciple cannot see still has total concealment against him, and the dragon disciple still has the normal miss chance when attacking foes that have concealment. Visibility still affects the movement of a creature with blindsense. A creature with blindsense is still denied its Dexterity bonus to Armor Class against attacks from creatures it cannot see. At 10th level, the range of this ability increases to 60 feet.

Wings (Ex): At 9th level, a dragon disciple grows a set of draconic wings. He may now fly at a speed equal to his normal land speed, with average maneuverability.

Dragon Apotheosis: At 10th level, a dragon disciple fully realizes his draconic heritage and takes on the half-dragon template (see page 146 of the Monster Manual). His breath weapon reaches full strength (as noted above), and he gains +4 to Strength and +2 to Charisma. His natural armor bonus increases to +4, and he acquires low-light vision, 60-foot darkvision, immunity to sleep and paralysis effects, and immunity to the energy type used by his breath weapon (see above).

I think that would be an awesome prestige to bring to the game. Not sure if I understand correctly about the Bonus Spell, but if it means an extra spell slot for the higher level spells that would be fantastic. The natural armor is bleh at best and the claws and bite would be great for all the melee sorcs out there. Another breath weapon would sweet. The dragon apotheosis would be very welcomed.

I am liking this prestige more and more as I read through it. Why are not more wanting this instead of Acolyte Of The Skin?
    Last edited by Da_Most_Shady; 09-20-2013 at 08:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Da_Most_Shady View Post
    I am liking this prestige more and more as I read through it. Why are not more wanting this instead of Acolyte Of The Skin?
    Because a battlecaster doesn't appeal many, as reflected in game. AotS is based a lot on its summon, which cannot be done in DDO simply because summons are pure ****. Which means that AotS needs to be changed to fit in DDO. Also, most of the bonuses descripted in AotS are good only in P&P.

*maybe

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wizza View Post
    Because a battlecaster doesn't appeal many, as reflected in game. AotS is based a lot on its summon, which cannot be done in DDO simply because summons are pure ****. Which means that AotS needs to be changed to fit in DDO. Also, most of the bonuses descripted in AotS are good only in P&P.
    Yea you are right. Like I said I do not know much about the lore but after doing research it is more of a battlecaster than I originally thought it was. So yea scrap that.

So I have no idea what they can add. Now I appreciate their hard work. It is tougher than it seems.

Nothing? No tease? Oh well. No wonder.

*maybe