Community Member

Default Muckbane BtC now?

I just farmed a Muckbane for a new character, and it now says it binds to character on equip. No more passing it through the shared bank; no more lending one to a friend? BAD TURBINE. NO BISCUIT.
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Community Member

Course not...they want to make you spend money to unbind it through the ASAH :P

Community Member

Pfft! I shall just need to farm as I go. Hmmph!
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

I miss the old days when farming muckbanes was actually a decent way to make some coin

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

2016 DDO Players Council Qhualor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tscheuss View Post
    I just farmed a Muckbane for a new character, and it now says it binds to character on equip. No more passing it through the shared bank; no more lending one to a friend? BAD TURBINE. NO BISCUIT.
    Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    Course not...they want to make you spend money to unbind it through the ASAH :P
    now maybe people are seeing what I saw back when they decided to make everything BTCOE? most heroic stuff I wont bind to a character when random loot is just fine, especially since I wont be staying in that level range for long. epic stuff is different. Im not going to pay Turbine just to pass loot to an alt. that's just silly.

given that club is glass, I bound it on the day I got it (well the day I realize how to bind things at least) because say what you will, adding in force damage to help kill the rust monsters with it, is just handy, and stops the red from creeping up on you.

how long untill everything will be Btcoe? Even random gen stuff? You cant turn around once without getting wacked in the face with Do you need to buy astral shards? lolz.

Earth and and full time at work: I move 400 lb stainless steel Refrigerators with ease!

Default BTC on equip? Muckbane is not good anymore for it disinigrates on Death.

Yea! I don't Like it.

perma death groups are going to suffer on this one.

Muck monsters are the leading cause of equipment damage for poor adventurers trying to make a living and barely making it by. It is sad that this is going to be deleted on death instead of being picked up by a friend to be passed on to the next generation.

Muckbane weapons are a good weapons for a lot of the level 1-8 quests. Giving one to a fellow adventurer as a lender is a common practice which the OP points out very clearly. We trust our fellow adventurer to give it back and they most always do.

The question we can ask is: Does this cause the price on the AH to go up or down on this item?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tscheuss View Post
    Yep, they suck alright. Pulling BS like that is why they are becoming so despised. That, and the ineptitude.

The loot pass made a lot of these nice lowbie weapons BtoC on equip - ok, many have their augment slots now but frankly i'd rather hold on to the old ones which remain unbound even if they aren't the most effective version. My trusty sunblade is still a very nice bit of kit, and the mace of smiting - (blunt, adamantine & smiting all at ml 6!) is IMO still one of the best pre-epic anti-construct weapons in the game, those have been passed around my lowbie characters for years.
    I don't mean to come across as unsympathetic - but I am, so I do.

Haven't seen this in the game myself to confirm, but the idea of it breaks my little kobold heart. The muckbane is, to me, the iconic new player named item. Turning it into a btcoe just tarnishes it for me.

When starting the game as a new player its a treasured asset that gets passed around. Either from a kind veteran to help out a new player which is a net positive to the social aspect of the game. Or by a new player to themselves once they work out mailing items to themselves or pony up for a shared bank account. Becoming btcoe just takes these aspects away for no good reason, does Turbine really expect the muckbane to flood the ASAH now as a result? And if so, does the pittance of AS that can be extracted from this increase the bottom line enough to compensate for the loss of those kinds intangible aspects of the game described above?
    Kobold never forgive....kobold remember waterworks.

Quote Originally Posted by KookieKobold View Post
    i'll be putting a bug into our system.

Community Member

Well, it has a red slot now, so it's not like they just out right nerfed it.
    They just accidentally nerfed it for most applications.
    And yes, that makes me sad.

Community Member

All my characters have outleveled it anyway and have everbright stuff, but I am sad to hear this.

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    *Handwraps. Yes we know. Here is my known issue for handwraps. Hand wraps in assorted flavors are borked.