Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21
  1. #1
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Québec
    Posts
    632

    Default Chose your discount coupon this week plz!

    It's been a while since we've had one of those... from what I remember at least.

    Make it happen this week pretty please!

  2. #2
    Brand / Commerce Team QuartermasterX's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    306

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cathimon View Post
    It's been a while since we've had one of those... from what I remember at least.

    Make it happen this week pretty please!
    Will likely have this again during the holidays.

  3. #3

    Default What Holidays

    Quote Originally Posted by QuartermasterX View Post
    Will likely have this again during the holidays.
    There are a number of holidays around the world any clue as to which one you mean ?

  4. #4
    Community Member Kipling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    41

    Default

    I am not sure about elsewhere, but in the U.S., "the holidays" refers to that time from the fourth Thursday in November (Thanksgiving) through the first of January (New Year's Day). This also encompasses Christmas. However, some people narrow it down to just Christmas through New Year's Day.

  5. #5
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    204

    Default

    The window for winter holidays is narrowing.
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    This is the official forum. Wear a thick skin and abandon all hope all ye who enter here.

  6. #6
    Brand / Commerce Team QuartermasterX's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    306

    Default

    Due to the number of promotions and events we have been running during the Holidays, we are not going to do a choose your discount event this year. However, we are still considering doing this sometime early next year.

  7. #7
    Community Member Ebondevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    448

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by QuartermasterX View Post
    Due to the number of promotions and events we have been running during the Holidays, we are not going to do a choose your discount event this year. However, we are still considering doing this sometime early next year.
    Got to admit I am disappointed, I was looking forward to this since it was mentioned.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by QuartermasterX View Post
    Due to the number of promotions and events we have been running during the Holidays, we are not going to do a choose your discount event this year. However, we are still considering doing this sometime early next year.
    Please do, it's a simpler way to get me to spend money on the stuff I feel I 'need'.

  9. #9
    2015 DDO Players Council Sebastrd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,172

    Default

    You won't catch me spending any points until then, that's for sure.

    Astreya the Unturning

    It's always a shame when the hammer of poor design choices smashes the fun of player tactical adaptation.

  10. #10
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    654

    Default

    I have to admit there are a number of great promotions available for the holidays...best I have ever seen. But I will not be purchasing any Turbine points or Ottos for these reasons:

    1.) The Epic Ottos need to have an Epic Heart in them to be worth the TP (the 75% off is nice, but it should be free).
    2.) The epic TR system is not fun anyways...very poor design requiring 3 currencies...many of us keep saying lower the requirements or drop the karma system altogether.
    3.) It seems like all these promotions are a ploy to boost revenue which is not addressing the issues players are faced with in the current state of the game.
    4.) New content is terrible.
    5.) XP pots are worthless in epics.
    6.) I have all my +5 tomes on my 3 playable characters. I dumped the other 3 and made them bank toons since storage space is limited and I do not feel like further grinding karma, xp and CoVs on anymore toons.
    6.) Not sure if I will be playing much longer anyways.

    QuartermasterX, I know these are not your issues, but it is the perspective of one player. Hopefully you generate some revenue for Turbine in the sale, as it looks like a fantastic promotion overall. But if not successful, it would not be from a lack of good promotions.

  11. #11
    Community Member Ungood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    7,154

    Default

    just gonna put this here:

    We need more Bank Space.

    carry on.

  12. #12
    Community Member Vellrad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)
    Posts
    7,117

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by QuartermasterX View Post
    Due to the number of promotions and events we have been running during the Holidays, we are not going to do a choose your discount event this year. However, we are still considering doing this sometime early next year.
    No one really cares for december special promos.
    No one will buy healing pots even at 80% discount.
    Quote Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Random Person #2 View Post
    People who exploit bugs in code are cheaters cheaters cheaters. And they are big fat ****yheads too.

  13. #13
    Community Member Ungood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    7,154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    No one will buy healing pots even at 80% discount.
    I bet you're wrong.

    In fact, I guarantee you that at least one player in this game is buying healing potions from the DDO store, even if only because they forgot to stock up before a quest and as opposed to re-starting they opted to buy some pots and are like "Holy ****, this stuff is 80% off, damn sweet timing!"

  14. #14
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    115

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ebondevil View Post
    Got to admit I am disappointed, I was looking forward to this since it was mentioned.

    I feel the same. I've held off buying bank space and a few other recent sales at 20-25% because I've been holding out for the holiday 30% choose your own.

  15. #15
    Community Member Phaeton_Seraph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Canada / G-Land
    Posts
    1,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheOnly_LightInDark View Post
    There are a number of holidays around the world any clue as to which one you mean ?
    Clearly he's referring to KwazaChaMas or Festivus. Please pay attention, or stop putting on airs.

  16. #16
    Grand Admiral
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    62

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by QuartermasterX View Post
    Due to the number of promotions and events we have been running during the Holidays, we are not going to do a choose your discount event this year. However, we are still considering doing this sometime early next year.
    It is early next year and we're still waiting for the choose your discount. If you would be so kind as to consider putting one up soon. Thanks.

  17. #17
    Community Member Hazelnut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Canada, EST
    Posts
    1,023

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    No one really cares for december special promos.
    No one will buy healing pots even at 80% discount.
    Sorry, but I thoroughly enjoyed the December special promos. Although, I didn't buy healing pots.
    Zyinniah Hazelnut and Curissa Hazelnut on most servers.

  18. #18
    Community Member Krumm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    197

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mingshui View Post
    It is early next year and we're still waiting for the choose your discount. If you would be so kind as to consider putting one up soon. Thanks.
    I too am waiting for choose your discount sale and would like to know when it will be available.

  19. #19
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    6,913

    Default

    The have it on LOTRO this week, but not DDO:

    http://www.lotro.com/en/lotrostoresale
    CC Casting Druid: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...C-Summer-Build
    Shiradi Wiz Plan for 1st Lifers: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...r-First-Lifers
    LE Capable Int Assassin - U29: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...Assassin-Build
    Warlock DC Caster: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ld-Blast-Build

    Several characters on Sarlona all starting with "Rand" in the Guild "Guardians of House Cannith". My main four characters are Randowl (20 Warlock EA DPS Build), Randslar (Bard 14 / Fighter 4 / Rogue 2 Swashbuckler), Randek (Druid CC Caster 17/Fvs 3) and Randomall (Rogue 20 assassin).

  20. #20
    Community Member Krumm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    197

    Default

    Still waiting...

    wondering what happened to early this year...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload