Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Community Member

Same here. I'll be on holiday from 31st of Oct till 27th of Nov so will most likely miss the entire event if it started on halloween.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by patang01 View Post
    Thanks, while you're at it make sure that the target to unlock things are adjusted somewhat. More like crystal cove amounts. Since it's all BTC stuff the burn out slaying undead is hard to deal with. It's better to get more spectral dragon slaying for the many toons people got, then to wait a whole day for maybe one or two failed openings.

Anyway, thanks.
    Yeah, the opening should be sped up.
    I'm in Australia, so play mainly at off-peak times. Last Mabar I was lucky to get it open once each evening while I was available.

Geoff.

Maybe not sped up in general but a mechanism that makes a calculation how many are logged on in the instance and use that figure to increase the drop that is needed to open it up. That way is stays around the same time to open up for everyone, at any time.
    However I can imagine that these days there are enough request that are more valuable to spend your time first on.

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffWatson View Post
    Yeah, the opening should be sped up.
    I'm in Australia, so play mainly at off-peak times. Last Mabar I was lucky to get it open once each evening while I was available.

Geoff.
    This - in Australia the event is fine on the weekend but just is a total failure weekdays.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Silken-Akira View Post
    Maybe not sped up in general but a mechanism that makes a calculation how many are logged on in the instance and use that figure to increase the drop that is needed to open it up. That way is stays around the same time to open up for everyone, at any time.
    I like this idea, but wouldn't object to it being based on the server instead of the instance. It wouldn't even need to be that complicated.

Pick whatever value X for the server load that the current totals were based on, then each time the turn-in period starts up again (after each instance) make us get a % of the original totals equal to the server % at that moment.

For example -- making up numbers -- if the turn-in is 2000 and was based on 1000 people being on the server at any one time, and the instance resets when there's 400 people on the server (not just in the graveyard), the next instance only requires 800 more turn-in.

It sure would help Wayfinder!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    We have not yet announced the exact date for Mabar, but you can expect it to be around Halloween-ish, most likely, and run for a long enough time for folks to get the things they need. We'll have more concrete dates later.
    It feels like October is mostly gone. Can we really expect this to run long enough to get stuff for all our characters? Or will it be another one weekend thing like so many years past.

2014 DDO Players Council
    Alt-pletionist

Quote Originally Posted by Astoroth View Post
    It feels like October is mostly gone. Can we really expect this to run long enough to get stuff for all our characters? Or will it be another one weekend thing like so many years past.
    It USUALLY runs for a couple weeks. There's been one instance I recall where it ran for a week, but they took it down to fix something and THEN ran it for two more weeks. There's also been an "encore" a couple times.
    You guys filibustering a new mode have already succeeded in scaring the Dev's into not doing it the right way and re-scaling the existing settings, why in the world are you still filibustering? Drunk on your success? Schadenfreude? Spitefulness?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12