Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Launch Date for Mabar Festival known?

Any concrete date set for the Festival?
    Developers please consider making some changes to the gear if you still have the time, the rest looks awesome.

Greetings from Ghallanda.
    MD Interactive www.youtube.com/michieldankmeijer
    Subscribe & Follow To Stay Tuned!
    Afteristar & Empha on Ghallanda

Instead of changes, I'd beg the devs to get a completely separate server to run Mabar, we're tired of the lag festivals. For the love of all that is spooky, this All Hallow's Eve please don't let any other part of DDO share an instance with Mabar, please!

Instead of when will Mabar be launched and answering with a smug "soonish" give us a "when we're sure it won't wreck everyone's gaming experience for two weeks straight."

I read somewhere that it will be running Oct 1-31.

I'm guessing it'll be loaded in with the next patch (being that it's running on Llama right now.)

No source, sorry, just my tainted memory.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by CheeseMilk View Post
    I read somewhere that it will be running Oct 1-31.

I'm guessing it'll be loaded in with the next patch (being that it's running on Llama right now.)

No source, sorry, just my tainted memory.
    A full month of Mabar? WOOT!!!

j/k
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Community Member FlaviusMaximus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fundamental View Post
    Any concrete date set for the Festival?
    Developers please consider making some changes to the gear if you still have the time, the rest looks awesome.

Greetings from Ghallanda.
    +6 tomes make the festival intriguing this year, don't they?

Quote Originally Posted by FlaviusMaximus View Post
    +6 tomes make the festival intriguing this year, don't they?
    They do. Tell us date, need to plan my vacation accordingly.

Earth and and full time at work: I move 400 lb stainless steel Refrigerators with ease!

Thumbs up Mabar to me is like what Football is to others! Totally Awesome!

My Undead killer weapon is this my friends: A min level 18, +4 Fesitval Icy burst, Acid Greatsword of Greater Undead bane with Force critical added. Thats for the Rotten Fleshy type and for the Skeletons I use The Green Steal Maul: Holy, Good burst, Good Blast I believe it is with Greater Disruption and one Rez Click.

I like this event A lot!

FOOTBALL!

2015 DDO Players Council FuzzyDuck81's Avatar

Am looking forward to Mabar this year, there looks like some nice extra rewards & a couple more of my characters want the wraps, or the docent for that handy nightshield clicky, plus naturally i want to stock up on pumpkin & skull grenades Hopefully the removal of giant skeletons should help with the lag too, as iirc they were causing a lot of the issues before.
    I don't mean to come across as unsympathetic - but I am, so I do.

Community Member Thumbed_Servant's Avatar

Unhappy I hope our time is not wasted again this year with LAGGED out instances of the dragon

I'd be happy if, when Mabar does run, the spectral dragon dungeon doesn't completely freeze up for the entire party. Last years run of Mabar was a catastrophe. Turbine had to shut it down twice. When it was running, due to the interruptions and the specific days it was running few people played it, so we had relatively few dragon dungeon openings from which to earn a spectral dragon scale. When it did open...ugh, total freeze ups of EVERY one inside the instance....until we all were killed by the mobs of course. So, play our butts off to get the thing to open with low attendance, and for naught because it freezes completely up. VERY frustrating.

So, yes Turbine, P L E A S E please have this FOUR year old event working well? Please? Not being able to function in game is tantamount to not being able to log in. It is beyond fruitless, it is disheartening and very wasteful of our time to work towards an end goal (in this case opening the dragon chamber to acquire the last ingredient) and have the goal be unobtainable due to L A G!
    Thumbed_Servant (to 3 cats ) I LOVE playing a healer (nannybot to the derisive folks)
    Leader: Order of Sunlit Rose on Argonnessen server
    Current active toons: Hildegarde 22 clr/ Pixsie 20 rog/ Muhther25 clr/ Sheolah 2-14 multi(rog/wiz)/ Heidie 2-7multi(rgr/clr)/ Grindhaus 23 ftr/ Slashira 20 ftr/ Commandur 11 clr

The only thing I like about mabar is the pumpkin gernades wish I could the effect forever on a couple of characters the rest of horrid boring lag fest I could do with out.

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

2015 DDO Players Council FuzzyDuck81's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Uska View Post
    The only thing I like about mabar is the pumpkin gernades wish I could the effect forever on a couple of characters the rest of horrid boring lag fest I could do with out.
    Cosmetic hats are being added, as trade-ins for the seal item
    I don't mean to come across as unsympathetic - but I am, so I do.

We have not yet announced the exact date for Mabar, but you can expect it to be around Halloween-ish, most likely, and run for a long enough time for folks to get the things they need. We'll have more concrete dates later.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    We have not yet announced the exact date for Mabar, but you can expect it to be around Halloween-ish, most likely, and run for a long enough time for folks to get the things they need. We'll have more concrete dates later.
    Do you plan on doing an early test run this year so you can pull it down and fix it before halloween? I would run a test the very first weekend after the patch hits so you have lots of time.

Community Member

mabar mabar mabar wahooooooo death to the undead and friends,
    i like the long enough time part gives me enough time to farm for
    some deathward potions too(only got 40 odd left)

your friend sil
    Last edited by silinteresting; 09-18-2013 at 11:02 AM. Reason: i forgot the un

Hero

Quote Originally Posted by silinteresting View Post
    mabar mabar mabar wahooooooo death to the undead and friends,
    i like the long enough time part gives me enough time to farm for
    some deathward potions too(only got 40 odd left)

your friend sil
    On a side note - you can get 20min Deathward Potions from the cleric trader in Eveningstar now for one Cleric Commendation.

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    Do you plan on doing an early test run this year so you can pull it down and fix it before halloween? I would run a test the very first weekend after the patch hits so you have lots of time.
    After last year you would think this could go unsaid and we could assume they would. But in fact that probably means it will now go untested. As usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Drwaz99 View Post
    After last year you would think this could go unsaid and we could assume they would. But in fact that probably means it will now go untested. As usual.
    It is currently on Lamndaland.

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by UurlockYgmeov View Post
    It is currently on Lamndaland.
    Lamannia is not live. As last year, when it was also on Lamannia, showed us.

Thanks, while you're at it make sure that the target to unlock things are adjusted somewhat. More like crystal cove amounts. Since it's all BTC stuff the burn out slaying undead is hard to deal with. It's better to get more spectral dragon slaying for the many toons people got, then to wait a whole day for maybe one or two failed openings.

Anyway, thanks.

Excellent, for whatever reason this event is one of my wife's favorite things to do each year...
    Sarlona - Stormreach Requisition Company (SRC):Jareko-Elf Ranger12Rogue8; Hennako-Human Cleric20; Rukio-Human Paladin18; Taellya-Halfling Rogue16; Zenako-Dwarf Fighter10Cleric1; Daniko-Drow Bard20; Kerriganko-Human Cleric18; Buket-WF Fighter6; Xenophilia-Human Wiz20; Zenakotwo-Dwarf Cleric16; Yadnomko-Halfling Ftr12; Gabiko-Human Bard15;more

The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar

Please make it as early as possible I'm going to be gone for 2 weeks starting Oct.31st and my fav DDO event is Mabar (despite most of my characters not being so good at fighting undead)

Not that I think it should be set around my schedule...just a hope
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast