Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by HunterjWizzard View Post
    I spent some time exploring their forums. If you ever think the community on this forum is bad, these people are way worse. Saw one thread in their "guides" section that was just how to grief. Not "how to avoid being griefed" and it wasn't a discussion of what was possible, it was just people trading tips on how to grief other players, rip people off in trade, etc.

Not that DDO is particularly grieftastic or anything, it just wasn't exactly a forum full of carebears.

It's the /b/tard and 4chan of DDO. If you are thick skinned and enjoy D and Fart jokes, by all means. Mostly it's a big waste of time.
    Deedeeo- 18th life Completionist (12monk/6Ranger/2Artificer) ~ Sonos- 3rd life Artificer (sorc, bard PLs) ~ Tronsector- 3rd Life Wizard
    Flavored Soul- 2nd life Sorc(FVS PL). (and umpteen bank toons and experiments) Member of Synergia(lvl100)-Argonessen

Quote Originally Posted by anivaj View Post
    With the enhancement pass, you don't need Carnifex or to go past level 10 in sorc. At ten, you can still get the level 3 SLAs (fireball, acid blast, etc.) and with getting extra sp for items, you hardly run out. As for Carnifex, you can use it for levels 1-4, while you are maxing out burning hands and acid spray SLAs, but once you can cycle through both of those (maximized and empowered) you never run out of sp. And by the time you can get the scorch SLA, it's all a cakewalk. Laughable once you get the fireball SLA at lvl 12.

Nice to know. Although, what do you do for Vale?
    Deedeeo- 18th life Completionist (12monk/6Ranger/2Artificer) ~ Sonos- 3rd life Artificer (sorc, bard PLs) ~ Tronsector- 3rd Life Wizard
    Flavored Soul- 2nd life Sorc(FVS PL). (and umpteen bank toons and experiments) Member of Synergia(lvl100)-Argonessen

Quote Originally Posted by Sonos View Post
    Nice to know. Although, what do you do for Vale?
    Join a pug and pike like a champ
    I would still like to see... Something that tests character versatility and player adaptability rather than character focus strength and quest knowledge.
    I play the quests for the content of the quests not just as an XP/min merry-go-round.
    Actual play experience is worth infinitely more than theorycrafting...

I use the 9 artificer/11 whatever TR template myself (warforged). I really dont understand the problem. I use a LitII xbow and have gone deep in the caster enhancement for the SLAs. The Blast Rod Tier 4 SLA hits (AoE) for 220-280 normal damage and crits in the 500-800 range.

Sure, the heals arent supereffective but scroll heals is an option. My advice would be get a blur item (lvl 4 wind bracers), and max dodge. Works wonders.

There are many options for a base TR template and its mostly flavor as there are many effective builds. But I love the artificer and I find it efficient enough for me.
    Member and owner of "The Mad Midgets" of Khyber.
    Characters; Skrangle, Eileenia, Thyrantraxus, Clonkstar, Eilert, Nidvisa, Sellyse, Lobotobias, Crimsoneye, Whimpsy, Meeep, Maszter, Andromansis etc

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeEyedBob View Post
    I use the 9 artificer/11 whatever TR template myself (warforged). I really dont understand the problem. I use a LitII xbow and have gone deep in the caster enhancement for the SLAs. The Blast Rod Tier 4 SLA hits (AoE) for 220-280 normal damage and crits in the 500-800 range.

Sure, the heals arent supereffective but scroll heals is an option. My advice would be get a blur item (lvl 4 wind bracers), and max dodge. Works wonders.

There are many options for a base TR template and its mostly flavor as there are many effective builds. But I love the artificer and I find it efficient enough for me.
    Well, I think my issue may have been expecting too much out of the blue bar healing and taking the levels in way wrong order. Also what I really wanted to be was a self-healing fighter, not a(slightly) gimped artificer.

Don't get me wrong, I love artificer too! It's just I'd already HAD 2 artificer lives and I really wanted a different experience... I certainly got it lol. Yeah the point of this thread was not to find a single "best" TR template, but to find many TR templates and have each life be unique.

Who knows? I might give 9 artificer/11 whatever another go later and try going SLA-happy. I seem to have no trouble getting a metric ton of mana... thank you greensteels :P

Well, I think my issue may have been expecting too much out of the blue bar healing and taking the levels in way wrong order. Also what I really wanted to be was a self-healing fighter, not a(slightly) gimped artificer.

Don't get me wrong, I love artificer too! It's just I'd already HAD 2 artificer lives and I really wanted a different experience... I certainly got it lol. Yeah the point of this thread was not to find a single "best" TR template, but to find many TR templates and have each life be unique.

Who knows? I might give 9 artificer/11 whatever another go later and try going SLA-happy. I seem to have no trouble getting a metric ton of mana... thank you greensteels :P
    I would advice to build all 9 artificer levels first (they'll whizz by in a flash) and then start taking the other class. But for Wizard and Sorc you can just as well do them as pure WF or 2 rogue splash for the versatility.

Problem with trying many different base-builds is gear. But if you're already stocked up with GS and weapons it shouldnt be a problem.

Anything is viable as long as it fun :-)
    Characters; Skrangle, Eileenia, Thyrantraxus, Clonkstar, Eilert, Nidvisa, Sellyse, Lobotobias, Crimsoneye, Whimpsy, Meeep, Maszter, Andromansis etc

I would advice to build all 9 artificer levels first (they'll whizz by in a flash) and then start taking the other class. But for Wizard and Sorc you can just as well do them as pure WF or 2 rogue splash for the versatility.
    Just for reference, if you take all 9 arty levels up front, taking wiz or sorc (0.5 BAB) for all of the other 11 levels means you cannot get IPS until level _21_! However, if my maths is right, you can get IPS at 18 if you stop at 8 arty before splurging on the wiz/sorc levels.

That might be true, but for a TRmonkey/completionist it doesnt really matter IMO. You can do fine without IPS. Its all about getting to 20 and then TRing again.

Im not saying this is the -best- build, just that it works fine, great for soloing and has the versatility to do traps/locked doors.

I've been contemplating a halfling arcane archer TR build also with 2 paladin, 8 ranger and 10 whatever also. Should have great selfhealing combined with awesome saves and good damage. The 2 paladin levels can be substituted with 2 rogue for non-LawfulGood class combinations.

Couldnt you just do 10 arti and 10 whatever to build the past lives since arti falls last on the list?

Also if you were going to do that route of an arti SLA past life builder it would be best to get gear set premade for:

Lvl1
    Lvl4
    Lvl7
    Lvl12

If you were going to do a set up like that what would be the key note items to get at each level range to have that set prebuilt. The idea of a static class plus x to build past lives sounds awesome, especially when someone is like me, sure they are TRing, but unsure how to gear up for it and with 1st life resources

Quote Originally Posted by Heathir View Post
    Couldnt you just do 10 arti and 10 whatever to build the past lives since arti falls last on the list?

Also if you were going to do that route of an arti SLA past life builder it would be best to get gear set premade for:

Lvl1
    Lvl4
    Lvl7
    Lvl12

If you were going to do a set up like that what would be the key note items to get at each level range to have that set prebuilt. The idea of a static class plus x to build past lives sounds awesome, especially when someone is like me, sure they are TRing, but unsure how to gear up for it and with 1st life resources
    Yepp, thats exactly how I plan for my TRmonkey. I would advice to farm the Bracers of Wind (Blur+Lightning Spell Power for SLAs+extras on higher tiers) from 4 to 20 and swap them out as you level. The SLAs in the artificer er pure awesome at the lower levels but are still more than viable at the mid-high levels (10-15). It would probably be a good idea to also farm the Ring of the Artificer at all lvl stages for Recon boost for your Repair spells.

Any thoughts on a 6Arty/6Cleric split, for fleshies? Or 7Arty/5Cleric, since you get CSW and some minor buffs, and the aura and bursts aren't going to be anything to write home about anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Urist View Post
    Any thoughts on a 6Arty/6Cleric split, for fleshies? Or 7Arty/5Cleric, since you get CSW and some minor buffs, and the aura and bursts aren't going to be anything to write home about anyway?
    I have done 12c/6a/2m for a couple of lives I like it but with the new enhancements I think I'd look at 11c instead is good for 1 to 20 but doesn't really work in epics. If you're curious I posted it s while ago ... look up the improved crazy cleric.

If gonna do fleshie why not just do halfling...house of jorasco...full acheano enhance with slas'....alot of synergy there and you get heal 3 times per rest plus the other 2

Community Member

Default a combo that works well for multi tring

7 lvls wizard, 5 lvls cleric, 8 lvls whatever you want for past life.

Tons of buffs, ddoor. and a lever pet.

Stay undead form(zombie or vamp) and use cleric neg burst sla for big heals, auras and maybe cleric harms on self for strong heal options.

Works great with melee or ranged. you get 2 feats from wiz lvls, youll want max, emp, and quicken for the burst sla at least.

Other options are 7/4/9(if 9 in tr class has some nice ability, like on monks), 6/6(heal burst)/8, 5(zombie form only)/7(nice cleric buffs)/8.

Really all you need is 3 lvls wiz for zombie and 4 lvls cleric for burst sla, so up to 13 on the past life class if you choose, tho 7 wiz sure makes leveling faster due to utility.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathir View Post
    If gonna do fleshie why not just do halfling...house of jorasco...full acheano enhance with slas'....alot of synergy there and you get heal 3 times per rest plus the other 2
    Ah, well personally I don't like limited-use abilities - especially primary healing ones. I like being able to win wars of attrition.

I think with full DM on halfling its like 3 uses of heal, 3 csw, 9 thats a ton of healing with an arti using emp, max for no mana combined with no mana slas and repeater

Are you married to the repeater?

'cause you know PA / Cleave / Great Cleave works well enough, and you can do that on just about anything. On a caster, you can be zappy. On an arti, you can self heal / get traps. Low BAB requirements are favorable too. Go deeper in the blue bar classes if you need the healing from there, but essentially just whack things with a big hitty waagh.
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

Community Member

Problem with trying many different base-builds is gear.
    For me gathering up all the gear is the most fun part.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by voodoogroves View Post
    Are you married to the repeater?

'cause you know PA / Cleave / Great Cleave works well enough, and you can do that on just about anything. On a caster, you can be zappy. On an arti, you can self heal / get traps. Low BAB requirements are favorable too. Go deeper in the blue bar classes if you need the healing from there, but essentially just whack things with a big hitty waagh.
    Not married to it, in fact wehn PA/Cleave Great Cleave most of last life. Was pretty fun.

Nothing much on the splash lives, but I concur with the human for healing amp. Particular with a 2 monk or phally splash, both classes have additional healing amp in the enhancement trees. You would likely be able to scroll heal just fine. Might even consider throwing in 6 cleric into those builds just for the Passive aura for self healing if you are really worried about it.

Keep in mind I mostly solo and at the moment really do not care about epic destinies, so the build just has to be able to hit 20 and TR. I even have other epic level characters to farm the tokens on for hearts of wood. Currently sitting on 2 artificer and now 1 fighter past lifes, and going to be doing a ranger life before I even start with this.
    If you are not already capped out on Destinies I would offer however since feats available are based on capped destinies to do some easy ED XP farming. Your particular feats available at 25 and above will be based on which destinies you have capped out.

In my current TR cycle once I hit 20. I do run a quick cycle of the explorer areas. Kings Forest, Shindirlyn, High Road, Storm Horns, Wheloon, Gainthold. A quick run of just these explorers would nets me over 1 million xp for your ED without even a pot. I consider this low hanging fruit for ED xp, particularly since I can run then every time I hit 20. And being explorers I don't have to worry much about the epic survivability of the particular splashed build that I have created to get through my life.

That way when I get to my final life I should have at least 3-6 Destinies capped out before I even hit level 25 for those Epic Feats. It will give me lots more options available. For just a few hours of running.
    Panzermeyer - Huge Terry Brooks Shannara Fan

Main
    Jelara Shannara - Human Caster/Intim/Tank Druid (TR XXI - Barb x3, Drd x3, FvS x3, Pal x3, Rgr x1, Rog x2, Sorc x3, Wiz x3 - EtR XVI - Epic Completionist - ItR III - PDK x3)
    Alts
    DamsonRhee Shannara - PDK Swashbuckler
    Challenge Farmer
    Eritria Shannara - Human Swashbuckler
    (TR VII - Ftr x3, Sorc x1, Wiz x3 EtR - Prim x1)
    Kirisin Shannara - Sun Elf Enlightend Spirit Warlock Tank (TR XIV - Barb x1, Bard x1, Clc x3, Fvs x3, Sorc x3, Wiz x3 - EtR VII - Primal, x2, Mart x2, Div x3 - ItR - MLE x3)
    RueMeridian - Gnome Artificer (TR I - Arti x1 - EtR II - Primal x1, Div x1)

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast