Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Rejected from group

I wanted to join a group the other day and the leader asked me what my DCs were.

Well, I'm a L14 Wizard, so I looked at the banish icon on my hotbar and said "44 for banish"

To which the leader said "I've never heard of a DC for banish being under 52" and promptly rejected my join request.

Seriously, a L14 Wizard is supposed to have a banish DC over 52? I'm guessing 52 was lame by his standards.

I later ran with another wizard who's DCs were really high and asked how he got them.. turns out he achieved his by using several ED twists.

So the new norm for being allowed into groups is to use "features" and have several past lives?

On a somewhat related topic, it seems that every mob now has evasion, as well as really high saves. Oh, and for all of the "heroic levels are a joke" people, they aren't a joke if you're not a multi-TR, uber-geared, ED twister. Some are certainly harder than others, and I had to laugh when 4 twisties died in our group and the 2 non-twisties managed to complete.

DCs for lvl14?
    What was the quest?
    Cant think of anything at that lvl for someone to ask whats your dc.

mobs dont have all evasion, the evade message is just poping up but in the end does nothing...graphical glitch

about your situation: ignore him and move on, getting ****ed about a jerk just makes you miserable

Community Member

If I try to join a group and get a reasonable question or two, fine. If I get an interrogation, I do something else.

This is a game, not a job interview.

Rejection stings, but IMO, the guy did you a favor. Squelch him and move on.

Banishment is a non standard dc spell

from http://ddowiki.com/page/Sorcerer_/_Wizard_spells

Allows casting a more powerful version of the Dismissal spell on multiple targets. A successful Will save negates this effect. (DC=spell's save DC-creature's Hit Die+caster level.)

So I'm thinking you have 36 int, which isn't bad for 14, as long as you did your build right and have dc items you would have been fine in anything at level.

Now you know when asked what your DC is, to reply 52, regardless of what it actually is.

Quote Originally Posted by Qaliya View Post
    If I try to join a group and get a reasonable question or two, fine. If I get an interrogation, I do something else.

This is a game, not a job interview.

Rejection stings, but IMO, the guy did you a favor. Squelch him and move on.
    My favorite group-rejection came months ago, when I was tooling around on my cleric in eveningstar.

I'd just logged on and was shopping for a new shield when I decided to peek at the lfg window, to see if anything interesting was going on. Saw a group that was doing a quest I wanted to finish (one of the demonweb ones, don't remember which) and hit the join button, and went back to shopping.

Got rejected, which was no big deal, but a few moments later I got a /tell from the group leader yelling at me about how he was "never going to group with you again, you stupid traitorous leaver b**ch, you bailed on us during the last quest why the <bleep> should I invite you back?!"

As I said, I'd just logged on, so I blinked a few times and sent him a polite /tell asking what he was talking about, that I'd only now just logged on, and obviously he was mistaking me for someone else. He cursed me out a couple more times, and told me he was going to "blacklist me across the server", because he apparently "knows tons of people".

So I sent him another message wishing him good luck with that, and that it was a pity that other person apparently hurt him so badly. He'd /ignored me before I finished typing, though.

Was completely bizarre.

As far as DCs go OP, yeah, if the group leader is interrogating you about your DCs and stuff at 14th, they're either a) a ridiculous elitist, or b) want you to do most of the work with insta-kill spells so they can just coattail along to the end of the quest.

Either way you're better off without them.

i had to do a double take, i thought this had to be a thread necro.

was the guy a wf barb by any chance?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheGardes View Post
    I wanted to join a group the other day and the leader asked me what my DCs were.

Well, I'm a L14 Wizard, so I looked at the banish icon on my hotbar and said "44 for banish"

To which the leader said "I've never heard of a DC for banish being under 52" and promptly rejected my join request.

Seriously, a L14 Wizard is supposed to have a banish DC over 52? I'm guessing 52 was lame by his standards.

I later ran with another wizard who's DCs were really high and asked how he got them.. turns out he achieved his by using several ED twists.

So the new norm for being allowed into groups is to use "features" and have several past lives?

On a somewhat related topic, it seems that every mob now has evasion, as well as really high saves. Oh, and for all of the "heroic levels are a joke" people, they aren't a joke if you're not a multi-TR, uber-geared, ED twister. Some are certainly harder than others, and I had to laugh when 4 twisties died in our group and the 2 non-twisties managed to complete.
    Yeah, he was a jerk, move on. Nothing to say here, DC 44 for banish is, obviously, very effective on lvl 14. DC 52, while maybe achievable without cheating (hate that ED on Heroic **** and I am speaking as multiple TR) is simply... redundant. Blacklist said jerk or simply ignore him as person and ejnoy the game with the much more rational majority :-)

That guy must of been gimp as hell asking for dc's at level 14? ***!!!!! He must require a C.V, diploma, udergrad/postgrad, several references, and several years of work experience in the industry for every single party member all to make up for his cellar dweller uberness. lol, be thankful OP, the guy told you straight up to your face right away, Hi im a ****** and a moron, be warned if you want to associate with me, saving you wasted time you will never get back.

2014 DDO Players Council

...promptly rejected my join request.
    Be thankful! He didn't string you along and waste your time, so 20 minutes later you get "XXX's group is now full".

Leaders, you have a reject button, please don't be afraid to use it.

Sad thing is most people would call me an elitist and I think that group leader was moron.

I would have replied with something like:

"Well, usually my DC is Batman, but sometimes I go with the Flash."
    The problem is never how to get new, innovative thoughts into your mind, but how to get old ones out. Every mind is a building filled with archaic furniture. Clean out a corner of your mind and creativity will instantly fill it.
    Dee Hock

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lorianna View Post
    My favorite group-rejection came months ago, when I was tooling around on my cleric in eveningstar.

I'd just logged on and was shopping for a new shield when I decided to peek at the lfg window, to see if anything interesting was going on. Saw a group that was doing a quest I wanted to finish (one of the demonweb ones, don't remember which) and hit the join button, and went back to shopping.

Got rejected, which was no big deal, but a few moments later I got a /tell from the group leader yelling at me about how he was "never going to group with you again, you stupid traitorous leaver b**ch, you bailed on us during the last quest why the <bleep> should I invite you back?!"

As I said, I'd just logged on, so I blinked a few times and sent him a polite /tell asking what he was talking about, that I'd only now just logged on, and obviously he was mistaking me for someone else. He cursed me out a couple more times, and told me he was going to "blacklist me across the server", because he apparently "knows tons of people".

So I sent him another message wishing him good luck with that, and that it was a pity that other person apparently hurt him so badly. He'd /ignored me before I finished typing, though.

Was completely bizarre.

As far as DCs go OP, yeah, if the group leader is interrogating you about your DCs and stuff at 14th, they're either a) a ridiculous elitist, or b) want you to do most of the work with insta-kill spells so they can just coattail along to the end of the quest.

Either way you're better off without them.
    My Favorite Group rejection came shortly before MoTU. I was on my 15/2 FvS/Ftr build (Yea, kinda flavor but very durable at that time) and I saw LFM for elite, on level Servants of the Overlords. So, I joined the group and I saw, that unfortunately, I was the person with most HP. Decided to try anyway, warned them to be carefull in there and politely suggested to PL to get us some nice DPS. We had one spot left and the leader took pure cleric, kicked me and raised lfm for DPS :-D. Said cleric had about 3/5 of my HP and lower mana, but hey - he was pure :-).

Quote Originally Posted by AZgreentea View Post
    "Well, usually my DC is Batman, but sometimes I go with the Flash."

Is there any question that can't be answered with "Batman"? I submit that there is not.
    The newest computer can merely compound, at speed, the oldest problem in the relations between human beings, and in the end the communicator will be confronted with the old problem, of what to say and how to say it. - Edward R. Murrow (1964)

Intergalactic Space Crusader Livmo's Avatar

Default Crafty

True that, the guy did you a favor! I primarily PUG for the randomness of it all. I will not ship buff and random PUG, because I like the challenge. Its a rush to do T0R on elite at L11 and succeed (however black dragon wiped the party in less than 2 seconds, no joke!)

You will not be disappointed when puggin' if you have no expectations. I don't count on others for heals or buffs, etc. Of course I love it when I get them! I see it more as a team that came together and for better or worse, we are what we have, so lets try and complete this quest! Its like making a fabulous dish out of only the ingrediants you had on hand You have to be crafty at times to get the PUG thru to completion.

I'm sorry to hear that this may have caused you some stress, but like the other posters already mentioned, you were probably better off to be rejected. If all else fails, come play with me on Sarlona I don't have any metrics to hold you to and its OK to pop a heal hire if need be.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    Sad thing is most people would call me an elitist and I think that group leader was moron.
    Ya know, there are elitists and there are elitists wannabes. One of these two requires DC on level 14. The other of these two knows, that they will finish anyway.

People like that has lost all concepts of it's a game, If any one ask me that I politely tell them that's is non of your business and I send the question and my reply to him/her also back to all in his group!.
    The Rogues Guild - Sarlona
    How did that get in here? Hay give that back O that’s yours? Sorry
    Gordgray Gord of gray Hawk Rogues do it from behind

Community Member

i got rejected from a CitW the other day for being a non~juggernaut artie. I guess I was double bad because I was told fleshy arties suck and he didnt want to carry my soulstone or have me sucking sp from the healers. Evidently he's never heard of umd or heal scrolls, but I just moved on. Saved me from a crappy run full of yelling at the healer and the lag blame game I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghoulstorm View Post
    i got rejected from a CitW the other day for being a non~juggernaut artie. I guess I was double bad because I was told fleshy arties suck and he didnt want to carry my soulstone or have me sucking sp from the healers. Evidently he's never heard of umd or heal scrolls, but I just moved on. Saved me from a crappy run full of yelling at the healer and the lag blame game I'm sure.
    My artificer is a drow. Fleshy arties ftw! I've got partial-construct so I can self-repair and the healing admixture enhancement, so if I die it's because I pulled so much aggro off everyone else that they were clearly slacking off. And not only that, but I'm in Shadowdancer too. Man, I'd get punted real fast, I guess...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast