Community Member

Default OK so I still don't know what to do about my 40th CitW? should I run it?

I am at 15 heroic and 24 epic on it.
    I really want to run my 40th already.

Should I? What happens?
    I have not seen a dev response on what to do. (I probably missed it?)
    ~~ Adrunil - Rogue. Halfling, big guy you can't miss him. ~~
    ~~ Adrunel - Monkcher. (Moncher?) ~~
    Robodoc - FvS Evoker-Healer. Post 19: Ended up LRing into 13/7 forc
    Orien server.

Talk to a GM, they will reset it to the right counter, then go run your 40th, don't expect a stat tome.
    Shorlong - Pale Master, Cevon - Druid Archer, Gorgnak - Barbarian, Addanc - Bear Tank, Juristash - Shadar Kai Assassin, Treiah - Morninglord Tempest Ranger, Baylfyre - CC Bard, Deimanus - Bladeforged Melee Arti, Daerian - Healing Cleric Morninglord, Krazig - Pally Tank, Veriste - Shadar Kai Death Knight, Xanapheia - TWF FVS, Helainia - Shadar Kai Henshin-Theif

Leader of The Dark Creed

Quote Originally Posted by Shorlong View Post
    Talk to a GM, they will reset it to the right counter, then go run your 40th, don't expect a stat tome.

This. Unless u are looking for a +3 stat tome
    Quote Originally Posted by moomooprincess View Post
    I ran Where there is Smoke ELITE on a level 4, first life 28 hit point rogue, never TRd, no guild buffs, using a hireling cleric. One shotted two times at the first dog area.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesrali View Post
    Go munt your grandma while wearing my freeway mitt!
    Main toons on G-land: Home of Tesrali build 2.0

Community Member

NO...do not run it unless you enjoy lists of random gen loot and GMs closing your ticket and telling you to take a hike. Lot's of people reporting in the official thread that 20th lists are still borked and GMs are ignoring them https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...etion-Counters. And Turbine hasn't even responded to their official post in 2 weeks. At this point raiding is broken, I would not risk any 20th run. In addition I would suggest boycotting any point buys, let them fix the game before spending any money on it.
    Last edited by Mystera; 09-17-2013 at 03:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystera View Post
    NO...do not run it unless you enjoy lists of random gen loot and GMs closing your ticket and telling you to take a hike. Lot's of people reporting in the official thread that 20th lists are still borked and GMs are ignoring them https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...etion-Counters. And Turbine hasn't even responded to their official post in 2 weeks. At this point raiding is broken, I would not risk any 20th run. In addition I would suggest boycotting any point buys, let them fix the game before spending any money on it.

I had 1 toon stuck at #39 (20 heroic/19 epic) for CITW, submitted a ticket and he reset my counter to 39 epic,
    I ran Where there is Smoke ELITE on a level 4, first life 28 hit point rogue, never TRd, no guild buffs, using a hireling cleric. One shotted two times at the first dog area.

Unhappy

This is bad situation... I wanted to finish my 6 raids to 20th completions like every time on each life (and TR right after) but now I am scared to do so.
    I actually finished 20 ADQ on heroic and got a rare list with no stat tomes. Still was worth it for me.
    But now I am close to 20 completions on 5 other raids as well... and... I simply do not want to throw away the last 3 months of that effort.
    Not sure what to do... I guess I will just try another first life toon or move in real until this would be fixed lol

I must add that I feel so sorry for all others who wasted so much time on 20 completions and got totally nothing
    I think I would either rage quit or take a screenshot of that accident (raid counter in a chat window and a list of rewards) and try to keep for later chance of use... but damn, this is so sad. I admire all who have the power to play any longer.

Community Member

Oh I am already not buying points, even with the 2x bonus points thing. They broke raids, they broke my helf, they broke my FvS.
    so fahgetabowit

yea I guess Ill just wait. and not play.

seriously, I get on now, run a quest and get off.
    I got nothing to LR my monkcher into because I dont want to TR. and they broke helf.
    I got nothing much to do with my FvS either.
    I only play on my rogue now. and I have nothing else to do. Wheelon stinks. I am not willing to pay 3 shards every time I want to run a quest and I am NOT willing to step foot in that seizure inducing wilderness. (And yes, I actually HAVE epilepsy).
    And although the quests in SH are nice, but how many times am I gonna do that.
    Raids is why I play the game. and so they break raids. (i STILL can't figure out WHY? Why did they DO that change?)

Ok so I went off topic in my own thread. shoot me.
    Last edited by SSFWEl; 09-17-2013 at 04:24 PM.
    ~~ Adrunil - Rogue. Halfling, big guy you can't miss him. ~~
    ~~ Adrunel - Monkcher. (Moncher?) ~~
    Robodoc - FvS Evoker-Healer. Post 19: Ended up LRing into 13/7 forc
    Orien server.

Quote Originally Posted by SSFWEl View Post

Should I? What happens?
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...30#post4503430

Looks like we have to rerun the 'Heroic portion' of our Raidtimers 8(
    Sounds like some have had luck with GM assistance, so you should try that first. Hope you get sorted!

Ilmer
    Ilmer Silverhilt, 36pt Elf Fighter12/Monk6/Paladin2. The Kighter
    Mesmerita d'Jorasco, 36pt Drow Bard20.
    Acrobot, 34pt Warforged Rogue20.
    The Adventure Pack(180), Cannith.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by SSFWEl View Post

Should I? What happens?
    I suspect you won't get the 20th list unless you request a fix from GM:s. Even if that works, the tomes in 20th list are screwed, so unless you plan on grabbing an item, I would wait at least until some confirmation is presented whether this is working as intended. I already got one 3->4 skill upgrade for swim from 20th raid completion, would not want anybody else to get the same.
    (https://www.ddo.com/forums/...20th-raid-rewards...)

Wait - GMs can reset your counters?

How did I miss that? I've been avoiding all raiding out of some irrational fear
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

Quote Originally Posted by voodoogroves View Post
    Wait - GMs can reset your counters?

How did I miss that? I've been avoiding all raiding out of some irrational fear
    Yes, GM's can reset raid counters for CITW only (all others they wont do squat), they did it for me a few others that I know

Yeah, I also first read about GM fixed counters in this thread. Ive been steering clear of my bugged ones, but out of an irrational hope (that it would be fixed properly 8))

Ilmer

PS: Ill try to get some GM assisting me tomorrow. Will return here with my results.
    Ilmer Silverhilt, 36pt Elf Fighter12/Monk6/Paladin2. The Kighter
    Mesmerita d'Jorasco, 36pt Drow Bard20.
    Acrobot, 34pt Warforged Rogue20.
    The Adventure Pack(180), Cannith.

Community Member

I just noticed my sorcerer has -2 heroic CitW completions.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by IlmerSilverhilt View Post
    Yeah, I also first read about GM fixed counters in this thread. Ive been steering clear of my bugged ones, but out of an irrational hope (that it would be fixed properly 8))

Ilmer

PS: Ill try to get some GM assisting me tomorrow. Will return here with my results.
    Be careful relying on a GM to fix your issue, my brother got borked on his 20th and the GM closed his ticket 3x and told him he could not help him. Look at the thread I linked and there are recent reports of GMs not helping CITW 20th lists as well. Hit and miss at this point.

Hero

You are absolutely gambling and at your own risk if you go for a 20th reward right now. Some GM's might roll back you completions (And this only applies to CitW) if you get random loot but most stories end with help tickets auto-closed. Even linking to the official posts in help tickets made no difference in my case. Copied/Pasted auto-closed for me. Phone support was the same. "Nothing we can do, it's not a known issue. Please file a bug report!" (live CS rep over the phone told me that. Didn't even want to hear that there might be official word in the forums, they just kept repeating filing a bug report. Sigh.). According to Tolero all the other raid counters are working perfectly after 19.1.
    Last edited by Drwaz99; 09-17-2013 at 10:15 PM.

Community Member

Thumbs up

A week ago I had to get a GM to fix my bugged 20th CitW completion. It meant that I had to do it one more time, which wasn't too bad. All fixed in about 10 minutes, and this is from someone who plays on the other side of the world.

Now if all you want is tomes from your end reward... yeah good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Drwaz99 View Post
    You are absolutely gambling and at your own risk if you go for a 20th reward right now. Some GM's might roll back you completions (And this only applies to CitW) if you get random loot but most stories end with help tickets auto-closed. Even linking to the official posts in help tickets made no difference in my case. Copied/Pasted auto-closed for me. Phone support was the same. "Nothing we can do, it's not a known issue. Please file a bug report!" (live CS rep over the phone told me that. Didn't even want to hear that there might be official word in the forums, they just kept repeating filing a bug report. Sigh.). According to Tolero all the other raid counters are working perfectly after 19.1.
    First of all when calling ANY support no one should ever tell you to fill out your own bug report. You should call or email ONE PLACE and they should deal with the issue completely. Determining if it is a bug or not is a techs job not the customers job. Insist they fill out the bug report.

Second do not stop until you get what is fair. If they close a ticket reopen it and ask for escalation. Email them, fill in an in-game help ticket. Approach it from all angles. You are the customer and you are entitled to getting the service you pay for.