Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I hear there's a kobold named Desaga who lives in some volcano somewhere who has some friends that have stopped many an arrogant adventurer's laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by danotmano1998 View Post
    I will continue to kill anything that can teleport into the ceiling and hurl insults and abuse at me.
    Sorry, that's just the way I roll.

The ones that work for me, well those little guys get treated better. It's a mutually beneficial relationship, you see.

Exactly. For instance I usually help Scrag out if he asks nicely. And I always let Goldscuttle live.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by CheeseMilk View Post
    I hear there's a kobold named Desaga who lives in some volcano somewhere who has some friends that have stopped many an arrogant adventurer's laugh.
    Oh yeah, Desaga remembers waterworks and he hates ya tremendously.

Enter The Kobold was an ultimate challenge for me to solo back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Failedlegend View Post
    I think the only way for Kobolds to prove themselves is for Turbine to make them a player race...give them a chance Turbine send us their best us brightest gives us the Paragon Kobold +2Dex/Cha, -2 Str/Wis
    Why in the names of all the gods would they give Kobolds a bonus to Cha?!?!? They're ugly as sin and they're as annoying as Elmo on crack. There's absolutely nothing charismatic about a kobold in any way whatsoever.
    All that is wrong with DDO, life, taxes, poltics, religion, music, fast food, education, the criminal justice system, the weather, society, the universe, and previously-discontinued-but-now-on-their-way-back snack cakes, is all the fault of Wizards of the Coast. I know this because Fred told me so, and Mind Flayers are smart.

Quote Originally Posted by Philibusta View Post
    Why in the names of all the gods would they give Kobolds a bonus to Cha?!?!? They're ugly as sin and they're as annoying as Elmo on crack. There's absolutely nothing charismatic about a kobold in any way whatsoever.
    That might be a negative form of charisma, but still a charisma

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Czekojin View Post
    That might be a negative form of charisma, but still a charisma
    True. Just look at the widespread infestations of Elmo.
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Quote Originally Posted by Failedlegend View Post
    [...]their best us brightest gives us the Paragon Kobold +2Dex/Cha, -2 Str/Wis
    Okay, may be a playable half kobold? +1 Dexterity and +2 Intelligence, but -1 Constitution and -2 Strength. No pretty charismatic kobolds. The skins can come from a mix of halflings and kobolds. Dark Vision, +2 Balance, +2 Listen, +2 Spot, +2 Search and +1 Reflex saves.

But wouldn't you say they're cute when they say, "Kobolds omnisnifficient, kobolds not afraid of the dark!"
    Last edited by Tyrande; 09-17-2013 at 04:18 PM. Reason: stats were wrong

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility

Anything that lives in a sewer, is hunted for sport and is generally hated by most sentient beings has to have some element of charm to be as omnipresent as they are. Remember, Charisma isn't just about looks or social grace, it includes cunning and guile as well. Plus, you know, blood of Dragons, and all that.

Anything that lives in a sewer, is hunted for sport and is generally hated by most sentient beings has to have some element of charm to be as omnipresent as they are. Remember, Charisma isn't just about looks or social grace, it includes cunning and guile as well. Plus, you know, blood of Dragons, and all that.

No it doesn't. It just needs to be able to breed like rats.
    All that is wrong with DDO, life, taxes, poltics, religion, music, fast food, education, the criminal justice system, the weather, society, the universe, and previously-discontinued-but-now-on-their-way-back snack cakes, is all the fault of Wizards of the Coast. I know this because Fred told me so, and Mind Flayers are smart.

But... check this... isn't it cute? ^^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOin9kBnNmA

Some rats are pretty charming.

Jeremy, Nicodemus... even Jenner was a fantastic orator.

Brutus was kind of a jerk, but he must have a decent Charisma to get his intimidate so high.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrande View Post
    A half Kobold!?!
    But that would mean... (/shudders) that would mean somebody had to... (/shudders) eww, just... eeewwwwwww....
    Last edited by PermaBanned; 09-17-2013 at 04:56 PM.
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow - btw, do you have change for 10 million population?

Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    A half Kobold!?! But that would mean... (/shudders) that would mean somebody had to... (/shudders) eww, just... eeewwwwwww....
    Giggidy!

There are half orcs, ya know...

Quote Originally Posted by djl View Post
    Giggidy!

There are half orcs, ya know...
    Yes, but Orcs don't lay eggs...

Intergalactic Space Crusader
    Treasure Hunter

Default Yep they still hate us!

Brutus was kind of a jerk, but he must have a decent Charisma to get his intimidate so high.
    Intimidating? Sure. Bright? Nope. Brutuss' fear was larger than his charisma and intelligence combined. All he ever wanted was to be certain of the future and his place in it. Mrs. F was an unknown variable who represented the worst of his nightmares; exposure and returning to the lab. He's actually quite a pitiful character.
    The newest computer can merely compound, at speed, the oldest problem in the relations between human beings, and in the end the communicator will be confronted with the old problem, of what to say and how to say it. - Edward R. Murrow (1964)

Hero
    Knight of Movember
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by TrinityTurtle View Post
    See? Now I have to kill another boatload of the little creeps!
    kobold eat fresh rat tonight!
    The evolution of DDO: Stormreach to Eberron Unlimited to Dungeons & Dragons Online
    -1- -2- -3- -4- -5- -6- -7- -8- -9- years & still spawning kobolds
    Who are the devs anyway? DDO Peeps Tracker

Default How Half Kobolds came to be:

See that lonely halfling sitting at the bar, drinking heavily? This is his story...

It was his first real quest. Sure, he had done some adventuring, bringing "the light" to a den of gamblers; clearing out a spider infestation in some tombs; "recovering" a tome that was reportedly stolen; and finally doing the Harbor Master a favor by helping some guard find his lost badge. So now he feels ready for a real challenge.

The Harbor Master told him about this problem with a kobold infestation in the sewers. Full of confidence from his previously successful exploits, he heads on in. He slays his way through hoards of kobolds and wolves making his way to the den of Clan Gnashtooth. That's where things went terribly, horribly wrong...

A witch doctor started waiving it's hands, and suddenly the halfling felt no more animosity towards the critters around him. Suggestions were made, they sounded like a good idea at the time...

The memories are vague, the vast quantities of ale having done their job well, though not completely... There will always be that squeaky little voice as the charm wore off saying: "Kobold still hates you!"

...Now, no matter how hard he tries to forget, he will always remember Water Works...
    Last edited by PermaBanned; 09-17-2013 at 05:58 PM.
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow - btw, do you have change for 10 million population?

Quote Originally Posted by Livmo View Post
    I want that song at my next party!
    Zyinniah Hazelnut and Curissa Hazelnut on most servers.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    See that lonely halfling sitting at the bar, drinking heavily? This is his story...

It was his first real quest. Sure, he had done some adventuring, bringing "the light" to a den of gamblers; clearing out a spider infestation in some tombs; "recovering" a tome that was reportedly stolen; and finally doing the Harbor Master a favor by helping some guard find his lost badge. So now he feels ready for a real challenge.

The Harbor Master told him about this problem with a kobold infestation in the sewers. Full of confidence from his previously successful exploits, he heads on in. He slays his way through hoards of kobolds and wolves making his way to the den of Clan Gnashtooth. That's where things went terribly, horribly wrong...

A witch doctor started waiving it's hands, and suddenly the halfling felt no more animosity towards the critters around him. Suggestions were made, they sounded like a good idea at the time...

The memories are vague, the vast quantities of ale having done their job well, though not completely... There will always be that squeaky little voice as the charm wore off saying: "Kobold still hates you!"

...Now, no matter how hard he tries to forget, he will always remember Water Works...
    You won this thread.

Second is the dancing kobold (hey Kazu) and third the "Kobolds needs to breed like rats" thing.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast