Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Kobold abuse in heroics is getting ridiculous

I don't post very often, cause mostly I am pleased with the game, and don't really mind killing a kobold now and then, as it is sometimes necessary. But lately whenever I join a quest there's at least one person laughing maniacally whenever they end a poor kobold's life... I don't even wanna know what they are doing to the kobolds when they are by themselves, and at least I don't see that. When is the fix for this injustice incoming?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicMew View Post
    I don't even wanna know what they are doing to the kobolds when they are by themselves, and at least I don't see that.
    I'd tell you, but the first rule is I'm not supposed to talk about it. And so is the second rule!

Rising up from the depths of the Harbor, a new Iconic emerges, Defender of the Kobold Clans...

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/i/20...nl-d5qxs46.png

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

Sorry, but kobold abuse is WAI. After they've put us through numerous rounds of Crystal Cove, there really is no other way to behave.

You might think it's not right to treat kobolds like that, but if I have to listen to "Oooh, it's so big" or "My crystal is bigger than your crystal" one more time...

Hmm, maybe it's crystal-envy, but I don't care, they've got it coming.
    It's definitely an N-word.

The kobolds will never forget water works, kobold assault and many others.

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

When kobolds stop screaming "KOBOLD STILL HATE YOU!" at me I will stop my participation in the mass slaughter, cackling gleefully as I go. That is just rude of them, and if they put any effort into manners we could be friends!
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

Quote Originally Posted by TrinityTurtle View Post
    When kobolds stop screaming "KOBOLD STILL HATE YOU!" at me I will stop my participation in the mass slaughter, cackling gleefully as I go. That is just rude of them, and if they put any effort into manners we could be friends!
    No we couldn't, the shinies belong to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    No we couldn't, the shinies belong to me.
    What if they gave you the shinies, the gems AND stopped trying to set you on fire, electrocute you and stab you.
    And they gave you xps.

What about then?

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfurnace View Post
    What if they gave you the shinies, the gems AND stopped trying to set you on fire, electrocute you and stab you.
    And they gave you xps.

What about then?
    I don't trust them, they might be hiding more shinies.

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicMew View Post
    I don't post very often, cause mostly I am pleased with the game, and don't really mind killing a kobold now and then, as it is sometimes necessary. But lately whenever I join a quest there's at least one person laughing maniacally whenever they end a poor kobold's life... I don't even wanna know what they are doing to the kobolds when they are by themselves, and at least I don't see that. When is the fix for this injustice incoming?
    The truth is more harsh than you can even imagine. Those kobolds cannot die. They are doomed to a perpetual cycle of mutilation and recovery. Those kobolds are in hell and we are their jailors.
    The newest computer can merely compound, at speed, the oldest problem in the relations between human beings, and in the end the communicator will be confronted with the old problem, of what to say and how to say it. - Edward R. Murrow (1964)

Quote Originally Posted by sebastianosmith View Post
    The truth is more harsh than you can even imagine. Those kobolds cannot die. They are doomed to a perpetual cycle of mutilation and recovery. Those kobolds are in hell and we are their jailors.
    Tomb of the Tormented (kobold)?

Hero
    Knight of Movember
    2014 DDO Players Council

kobold stil hates you
    Gamma Tester, Dungeons & Dragons Online
    Beta Tester, DDO: Eberron Unlimited
    Alpha Tester, DDO: Stormreach

I wish kobolds could teach us that spider walk spell of theirs? Ive been reporting em for years and opening thread after thread but no word on if this is wai or not? Anyway I dont think its fair that they can and I can't!!!!! *sulks* "MUM!!!! im starting another thread!!!!"

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Hafeal View Post
    kobold stil hates you
    See? Now I have to kill another boatload of the little creeps!
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

Community Member

It's these people. Just blasting away at these poor creatures without even stopping to pause mid stride. I've reported numerous people that all seemed to be in on the kobold hate crimes, but to no avail. My fun and enjoyment of the game turns into horror as these poor creatures are slaughtered by the dozens. It's not even a challenge and yet they just keep doing it. Over and over. This can't be WAI

I will continue to kill anything that can teleport into the ceiling and hurl insults and abuse at me.
    Sorry, that's just the way I roll.

The ones that work for me, well those little guys get treated better. It's a mutually beneficial relationship, you see.
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

2015 DDO Players Council Hazelnut's Avatar

Default Job Posting: Seeing Adventurious Infestation Manager

Stormreach Department of Public Works, Waterworks and Steam Tunnels Division

The sanitation engineering group in the Waterworks and Steam Tunnels Division of Stormreach Department of Public Works is seeking adventurous individuals willing to enter the underground water and sewage management system to clear traps and remove infestations of pests in advance of infrastructure repair teams. The sanitation engineering team maintains crucial systems that keep fresh water flowing into Stormreach and removal of sewage. Without constant repairs these systems would breakdown resulting in the spread of sickness and disease.

In this position you will head through the tunnels under Stormreach ahead of the engineering and repair teams. You will clear out pests, identify and where possible remove traps set by said pests making the tunnels safe for the repair teams.

Required Skills:
    Ability to identify traps
    Ability to identify pests
    Knowledge of Kobolds, rats, and spiders
    Skills at eradication and/or removal of pests

Desired Skills:
    Dealing with the Undead
    Disabling Traps

Submit your application and resume to the Office of the Chief Sanitation Engineer, Stormreach City Hall.
    Zyinniah Hazelnut and Curissa Hazelnut on most servers.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hazelnut View Post

The sanitation engineering group in the Waterworks and Steam Tunnels Division of Stormreach Department of Public Works is seeking adventurous individuals willing to enter the underground water and sewage management system to clear traps and remove infestations of pests in advance of infrastructure repair teams. The sanitation engineering team maintains crucial systems that keep fresh water flowing into Stormreach and removal of sewage. Without constant repairs these systems would breakdown resulting in the spread of sickness and disease.

In this position you will head through the tunnels under Stormreach ahead of the engineering and repair teams. You will clear out pests, identify and where possible remove traps set by said pests making the tunnels safe for the repair teams.

Required Skills:

Desired Skills:
    Dealing with the Undead
    Disabling Traps

Submit your application and resume to the Office of the Chief Sanitation Engineer, Stormreach City Hall.
    I wish the in game DMS were even half this good :P

The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar

I think the only way for Kobolds to prove themselves is for Turbine to make them a player race...give them a chance Turbine send us their best us brightest gives us the Paragon Kobold +2Dex/Cha, -2 Str/Wis
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazelnut View Post

The sanitation engineering [...]
    After being at Stormreach for 7+ years, I do not know there is a sanitation engineering department.
    I thought its sub-contracted out to the Pests Adventurers Inc.

Required Skills:
    How about the correct identification of water pipes and not breaking those versus the poisoned water?

Desired Skills:
    Dealing with the Undead
    Disabling Traps
    Should probably add: applicants experienced with Weapons of Mass Destruction with fire or acid welcomed!

You do mean the Harbor Master, do you?

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast