Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfurnace View Post
    SoonishTM, right?

Same Soonish that we got for enhancement pass, start to finish.
    Enhancements got an update, they were not considered to be broken and to need a hotfix. So I think ED get fixed faster, next update maybe.

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

Do we really need hundreds threads like this?

I like the bug. I don't care if you call me a cheater. Cocoon on barbarian is awesome. 30% run speed is awesome.
    Call me chater, exploiter, report me, add me to ignore list (Zandos/Turbokrasnal/Vellrad, gland server), I don't care.
    Buut on the other hand, I also don't care if they fix this bug or not (but I prefer to let it stay awhile : D).
    Quote Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Random Person #2 View Post
    People who exploit bugs in code are cheaters cheaters cheaters. And they are big fat ****yheads too.

Quote Originally Posted by 01000010 View Post
    I think a little angel that sits on shoulder would be hilarious.
    I completely agree with this. Furthermore I belive that all the exploiters should get a little succubus that sits on their shoulder for a good measure!

Edit: in the referees defense, would you penalize a player with a gun?
    Oh definitely, all those repeating xbow users need a nerfbat in heroics. It's too OP. By the time I get to the mob it's already long dead
    =$==$==$==$==$==$==$==ORIEN==$==$==$==$==$==$==$=
    Darthwolf **(?_?) Zendarth m(?_?m) Darthnoheals \(?_?)
    =$==$==$==$==$==$==House Do'Urden==$==$==$==$==$==$=

Quote Originally Posted by Vint View Post
    /snip...

but there have been many things that have been added into this game since his join date (2009) that I would consider much more imbalanced than this.
    ... and ...

There have been far worse things that have imbalanced the game.
    Please, elaborate. Enlighten those of us who wonder in the dark with you wisdom of all that's right and wrong.

My complaint is that this is the 58th thread that we have seen on the subject today and we needed another thread about it?

The other issue is this is the issue that the OP wants to step up about?
    Not trying to be harsh, but is this where the OP draws the line? With everything else wrong with this game, this is what the OP has a problem with?
    Personally, I support the OP on this matter. The more we rant about it, the more we post about it, the greater our chances as a community to bring this to the attention of the Devs on how seriously we feel about the matter.

For me: +1 to OP for taking the stance ... albeit the 52nd time today.

Quote Originally Posted by morkahn82 View Post
    Enhancements got an update, they were not considered to be broken and to need a hotfix. So I think ED get fixed faster, next update maybe.
    It's been like this for a looooooong time.
    I won't hold my breath.

Community Member

i dont pretend this to be fixed tomorrow... but...
    Turbine should post some warning message on the login section, something like

dont exploit anymore or you will find all ED xp resetted to 0

Quote Originally Posted by darthhento View Post
    I completely agree with this. Furthermore I belive that all the exploiters should get a little succubus that sits on their shoulder for a good measure!

Oh definitely, all those repeating xbow users need a nerfbat in heroics. It's too OP. By the time I get to the mob it's already long dead
    I would prefer a succubus to an angel any day/night.............daaaayyyyyyyyyyummmmmmmmmm!!!!

I know theres a lot of principled people out there, but I do wonder how many of those who are the most voracious about the horrid goings on, now have access to fate slots to twist, and if they would be so vocal if they in fact did have it? I know there's definately some who wouldn't touch it, but I am pretty sure there are some, maybe not a huge number but some who are making a big fuss, but if they right now had 3 twist slots open and decent stuff to put in it, would be dead silent instead of yelling at the top of their lungs lol.
    Last edited by NaturalHazard; 09-17-2013 at 04:38 AM.

Community Member

I'm sure this bothers you. But Turbine is selling EDs, Epic quests, and TRing all in one bug. You have no hope here.

Community Member

Thing is, all the people that refuse to cheat to compete with the exploiters are sacrificing xp(past lives), favor and in some cases will fail a quest the exploit would allow them to beat costing time.
    This would make a lot more sense if we were in any way competing against each other in this way. If you feel we are, here's a tip for you, simply playing more gives some players an advantage that this exploit can't even compare to.

And no, I don't even TR, nor run with TRs often, so don't use it myself, nor have ever even seen it used.

So no, we are sacrificing nothing and anyone who feels they are probably should just use it and shut up. They will likely find the game more satisfying that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Njohrd View Post
    i dont pretend this to be fixed tomorrow... but...
    Turbine should post some warning message on the login section, something like

dont exploit anymore or you will find all ED xp resetted to 0
    answer from an ingame gm when asking if stepping in epic quests at heroic lvls was an exploit:

"if the game allows you to do so, it's not an exploit"

answer from an ingame gm when asking if stepping in epic quests at heroic lvls was a bug abuse:

"if the game allows you to do so, it's not a bug abuse"

answer from an ingame gm when i reported maybe 4?5? different players using lfm for epic quests at heroic lvls (sometimes even inside the quest, you could see the "epic normal" on the diff)

"thanks for taking your time to do ddo a better game, i can't tell you if it's legit or not, in case it's not we'll take the measures needed" (ofc, nothing happened)

so:

is this an exploit?a bug? no, it's just a bad designed game

will u get something of benefit posting in the forum? lemme check the history: no, as expected

will u get something if report players? no

what can u do? fill 1 bug report today, 1 tomorrow, and so on, bug reports go to turbine, not to community (personally idc if you like it or not, is like 1 player who complained about the search/disable "bug exploit/abuse" because it broke his slow paced quests, the conclusion is the same: group when someone you trust in)

expecting from someone to pay attention to you in forums is... not clever, just check how many active forum accounts they have, and how many ingame accounts there are, forum isn't even representative (from statistics pov)

PS: resists are in the same level that cocoon (heals aprox 30/2 secs, resists are 30 and affect more than once/2 secs) the difference and origin of cries? you can do it but i can't (i've seen it in this thread and in others: tr can use it but i can't because i don't tr or need 1 year to get 1 pl, whatever) that's the difference with ship buffs and ED, btw there are players who don't use ship buffs(even xp one) because the fact that you can get/use something doesn't force you to do so, it just depends on where you place your easy button

have troubles with ppl using too many easy buttons? leave the group or do as most players who play unbuffed do: leave others play as they want

and fix will come, ofc, much faster than the epic bug (that hey, everyone could use it, nobody needed to tr to access to it!!now even my lvl 3 hire can help me when doing tangleroot last quests at lvl 5 LOL) it only took years, this one has been on less than 1 and has been posted less than 1 month ago
    psykopeta - hoarding pl, for the sake of hoarding, the day i become ubercompletionist will be because there isn't anything to delay it more - thelanis, where the gimps claim to be pros and noobs claim to be pros, no newbies allowed(unless they claim to be pros), we have enough drama w/o them. PS i'm not a pro, maybe if i reincarnate in RL...

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reincarnator View Post
    I am sorry Vint to clutter your forum, but it is just very frustrating. It's like I am playing some team game, lets say hockey, and in the middle of a game one of my teammates pulls out a gun and shoots opposing teams goalie, I look at the referee, but he says "no foul". And I can't even change teams cause in every team there seems to be a player carrying a gun
    If you were the referee, would you call a foul on some armed psycho who just shot someone?

Quote Originally Posted by Gremmlynn View Post
    If you were the referee, would you call a foul on some armed psycho who just shot someone?
    Technically it's not a foul. It's a murder and police will deal with it.
    =$==$==$==$==$==$==$==ORIEN==$==$==$==$==$==$==$=
    Darthwolf **(?_?) Zendarth m(?_?m) Darthnoheals \(?_?)
    =$==$==$==$==$==$==House Do'Urden==$==$==$==$==$==$=

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by NaturalHazard View Post
    I would prefer a succubus to an angel any day/night.............daaaayyyyyyyyyyummmmmmmmmm!!!!

I know theres a lot of principled people out there, but I do wonder how many of those who are the most voracious about the horrid goings on, now have access to fate slots to twist, and if they would be so vocal if they in fact did have it? I know there's definately some who wouldn't touch it, but I am pretty sure there are some, maybe not a huge number but some who are making a big fuss, but if they right now had 3 twist slots open and decent stuff to put in it, would be dead silent instead of yelling at the top of their lungs lol.
    That will be me.
    I have access to the maximum viable amount of fate points and have all but one ED capped. I know how to use this cheat in theory, but never actually used it (that said, I know enough ppl on first name basis in the game that are using it, that even if I was mistaken in knowing the right way, I could simply ask them and they would guide me trough the process).
    I am one of those ppl that know every trap, did everything so many times that blah blah blah... ya know this story.
    I still enjoy TRying, every time into new class (multiclass with one class in mind as dominant) and I am taking several weeks and generally over a month to capp again.

This friggin bugg is the worst thing in the entire game at this moment from my perspective.
    Ladder bugg? Meh, me and ppl I know joke about that.
    Raid Completions - Buddy just took 20th and it was okay. well, except for skill tomes, but it works.
    I could go on. Most bugs are tolerable or avoidable.
    This one is not. I put dont use EDs in heroic into my LFM and I am literally swarmed by tells: how? what can you do? etc. PPL are stupid. I dont put it in there and I get one maniac with this active almost every time.
    I like to socialize in this game, teaching new ppl how to do stuff, cooperate on high end heroic stuff. This ruins my game. If you are using this ability, you are ruining this game for me. I just want you to know that. Your actions have consequences.
    Using pathetic declamations like: Its Turbines fault I can use it! is correct. But it your own faulty that you are actually using it.

Quote Originally Posted by viktorserak View Post
    That will be me.
    I have access to the maximum viable amount of fate points and have all but one ED capped. I know how to use this cheat in theory, but never actually used it (that said, I know enough ppl on first name basis in the game that are using it, that even if I was mistaken in knowing the right way, I could simply ask them and they would guide me trough the process).
    I am one of those ppl that know every trap, did everything so many times that blah blah blah... ya know this story.
    I still enjoy TRying, every time into new class (multiclass with one class in mind as dominant) and I am taking several weeks and generally over a month to capp again.

This friggin bugg is the worst thing in the entire game at this moment from my perspective.
    Ladder bugg? Meh, me and ppl I know joke about that.
    Raid Completions - Buddy just took 20th and it was okay. well, except for skill tomes, but it works.
    I could go on. Most bugs are tolerable or avoidable.
    This one is not. I put dont use EDs in heroic into my LFM and I am literally swarmed by tells: how? what can you do? etc. PPL are stupid. I dont put it in there and I get one maniac with this active almost every time.
    I like to socialize in this game, teaching new ppl how to do stuff, cooperate on high end heroic stuff. This ruins my game. If you are using this ability, you are ruining this game for me. I just want you to know that. Your actions have consequences.
    Using pathetic declamations like: Its Turbines fault I can use it! is correct. But it your own faulty that you are actually using it.
    Not everyone using this is ruining the game for you.............and all those people sending you tells asking how to do it are helping you, by adding their names to your list of people to never group with. Its good to have principles but it can be lonely it seems.

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

I dont care for it myself as it makes everything to easy but when it happens I bite my tongue, but be at heart they have stated they are fixing it much to the chagrin of some but those of us that enjoy heroic level content will happier I hope.

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by NaturalHazard View Post

I could do it if I wanted to on a couple of characters but I dont as I dont like it but as I said elsewhere when others do it I just bite my tongue as I know its not going to be around forever. Of course I am not screaming about it at the top of my lungs either.

Quote Originally Posted by darthhento View Post
    Technically it's not a foul. It's a murder and police will deal with it.
    I think my team will win hockey next time we play

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    Do we really need hundreds threads like this?

I like the bug. I don't care if you call me a cheater. Cocoon on barbarian is awesome. 30% run speed is awesome.
    Call me chater, exploiter, report me, add me to ignore list (Zandos/Turbokrasnal/Vellrad, gland server), I don't care.
    Buut on the other hand, I also don't care if they fix this bug or not (but I prefer to let it stay awhile : D).
    Yes we do until its gone not that I am going to start one myeslf but I will support all against it I see, I do call it cheating but not majorly so I dont like it but if someone does it I can understand the temptation to do so, when I was younger I would use cheat codes in video games (not saying all who do this is young) but now that I am older I perfer a challenge. I would be happier if was gone yesterday.

Community Member

Best thing to happen to TRing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubbinns View Post
    Best thing to happen to TRing.
    Idk, I preferred the instant-recall, insta-search, insta-disable (etc) bug.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast