Default Test: Dwarf F12/Bb6/C2

With the enhancements pass, I was somewhat pleased with my dwarven Bb18/F2 but I wanted to try making him better and decided to LR him into a F12/Bb6/C2. The idea is to maximize tactics through direct bonuses and strength.

The perspective would be as follow (I still need to level to 28 and get gear):
    Cha 28 (30) = 12 base + 3 tome + 10 item + 1 exc. + 2 ship (+ 2 yugo)
    Str 72 (78) = 16 base + 3 tome + 7 level + 10 item + 1 exc. + 1 enh. + 7 rage + 2 frenzy + 5 primal + 8 surge + 10 dm + 2 ship (+ 4 tenser + 2 yugo)

With the following DCs:
    Stun DC 73 = 10 base + 10 item + 5 combat mast. + 6 enh. + 6 ED + 34 str + 2 tactics
    Trip DC 82 = 14 base + 15 item (eDeneith) + 5 combat mast. + 6 enh. + 6 ED + 34 str + 2 tactics

I'm opened to suggestion to make it better
    So far, here are my impressions. This isn't my definitive opinion, as I just LRed him and still need to get accustomed to the new build:
    * I took tantrum but already droped it: a 2 sec. effect on a 1 min. timer is horrible.
    * It's a bit annoying to have to click on 5 buttons just to reach my optimal strength (rage, primal, dm, surge, frenzy). On a side note, you can activate DM while raged (I was unsure of it, since it spends SP).
    * He gained a lot on self sufficiency. There is still the problem of not being able to self heal well while raged, but when I'm out of it, the +75% to heal scrolls is more than welcome (plus the necessity to boost cha for dm made my umd better).

*Edit: I forgot to include ED feat Tactics.
    Last edited by Feithlin; 09-16-2013 at 04:56 PM.
    Thelanis: Nassim* (F12/P6/M2) - Talienor** (P18/Ra2) - Feithlin** (F12/Bd7/C1) - Stoneoak* (F12/M6/P2) - Hokusai (M17/F2/C1) - Ardence* (Bd15/F3/Ro2) - Matsushiro* (Ro11/M6/P3) | Argonessen: Luneargent (W18/Ro2) - Talienor (Ro20) - Takshir (Bd16/F2/Ro2) - Hiacynthe (C20) | Ghallanda: A bunch of pre DDO Unlimited characters (field of testing for post U19 )

I didn't mention the feats, because they're quite straightforward, but here is the list:
    PA, Cleave, gCleave, IC, OC*, THF, iTHF, gTHF, WF, WS, gWF (I hould have skiped this one: there are not enough AP...), SB, CE, iTrip, Toughness, eToughness*.
    Thelanis: Nassim* (F12/P6/M2) - Talienor** (P18/Ra2) - Feithlin** (F12/Bd7/C1) - Stoneoak* (F12/M6/P2) - Hokusai (M17/F2/C1) - Ardence* (Bd15/F3/Ro2) - Matsushiro* (Ro11/M6/P3) | Argonessen: Luneargent (W18/Ro2) - Talienor (Ro20) - Takshir (Bd16/F2/Ro2) - Hiacynthe (C20) | Ghallanda: A bunch of pre DDO Unlimited characters (field of testing for post U19 )

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Feithlin View Post
    On a side note, you can activate DM while raged (I was unsure of it, since it spends SP).
    Nice, I guess that's the silver lining to DM not being typed as an SLA (and thus can't be meta'ed).

How did you spread your APs?

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    Nice, I guess that's the silver lining to DM not being typed as an SLA (and thus can't be meta'ed).

How did you spread your APs?
    I'm still seeking the right balance. ATM, I have (only including the most important individual abilities):
    Dwarf: 9 AP (tactics 3, +2 Con, +20 HP)
    FB: 36 AP (Frenzy, Supreme cleave, +3 AB, Focus wide, Focused wrath)
    Ravager: 4 AP (+3 PA)
    Protection: 7 AP (DM 3)
    RS: 3 AP (only Scroll mastery 2; I may drop 1 Con to get the last point, depending on how much I'll use wands/scrolls)
    Kensei: 21 AP (Power surge, +1 Str, Tactics, Haste boost, KWSx3)

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

If you had more APs to spend, I'd drop 7 into OS for Extend Rage and Uncanny Dodger, but I dunno what you could drop to add them.

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    If you had more APs to spend, I'd drop 7 into OS for Extend Rage and Uncanny Dodger, but I dunno what you could drop to add them.
    Yes, that's one of the limitations I see with the new enhancements. You can open a lot of possibilities through multiclassing, but cannot exploit it plainly due to the limited AP. I have this problem with the modification of my tank (F18/Ro2): I was thinking about F12/P4/Ro4, but couldn't take everything I wanted.
    As for the specifics of this build, I hesitate into extending my rages, because that means having to wait more to use scrolls (be it heal or tenser). More dodge would be nice, but if I stick to eDeneith, MDB is very low anyway. An option would be to switch to goristro. Actually, I'm thinking about going back to a DT armor, slotting it with +6 eCha skills and healing amp., which would free my bracers or my gloves slot (as a side note: on DT armor, eCha skills appears as a +3 but rightly gives +6).

Its a very good build, I tried it before settling on the monk instead - the great thing about it as that its probably the funnest split you can play because of the super fast blitz charging with the supreme cleave and sprint boost availability, and some of the highest tactics you can get.

However, its not very effective at staying alive in EE content because of the crappy saves. The DPS is pretty high, especially with the extra glancing blow damage from frenzy.
    Last edited by Cetus; 09-16-2013 at 09:24 PM.
    Cetus Heroic Lives: #32/32 | Epic Completionist: #20/24 | Iconic Lives: #6/6
    Cetusz - Pure Sorcerer: Heroic Lives: #24/24 | Epic Lives: #6/12 | Iconic Lives: #1/3
    YouTube Channel HERE
    Argonnessen's DEGENERATE MATTER