Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How many spots?

usually 2 pages

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    I usually try to keep 1-2 pages free on any character.

I use this all the time, though I still tend to deconstruct most items into essences, but the marking makes it easier to keep track of things while in a dungeon, especially if I'm sure I just want to vendor something.

I also use the list-view of my items when deconstructing, and consistently Lock items that I want to keep so I can toggle "only show unlocked items", making only new items show up in the list.

same.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoogroves View Post
    I really need a "loot all non-consumables" option when I get to chests, or the ability to say "take no freaking arrows, bolts, stacking throwing items, scrolls" and hotkey that. Then I can add the individual small things I want, but not loot them by default.
    All my characters carry a quiver even it they never pick up a bow. After every session, I'll open the quiver and sell whatever is in there if none of my characters or guildies can use the contents. Yeah, it's not much in terms of plat, but every little bit counts.
    The newest computer can merely compound, at speed, the oldest problem in the relations between human beings, and in the end the communicator will be confronted with the old problem, of what to say and how to say it. - Edward R. Murrow (1964)

I use this all the time, though I still tend to deconstruct most items into essences, but the marking makes it easier to keep track of things while in a dungeon, especially if I'm sure I just want to vendor something.

I also use the list-view of my items when deconstructing, and consistently Lock items that I want to keep so I can toggle "only show unlocked items", making only new items show up in the list.
    This is what I do. List view of unlocked items when deconstructing, lock anything I don't think is junk. Don't bother with the actual junk flag, since if it's not junk I lock it anyways. Makes deconstructing pretty fast and lazy and I don't risk deconstructing anything valuable.

I can usually manage to keep around 50 spots free. It's generally pre-TRing that gives me space issues, it's so fun having to destroy useful or amusing loot just to be able to TR again.
    Caisha Stormweaver - Some class split dependent upon TR needs - Argonnessen
    Twitch, YouTube, Builds

Hatchery Founder
    2014 DDO Players Council

No way I can do this. I feel happy when I manage to clear out 10 inventory slots. Oh, the problems of being a packrat.
    RedShirt / Roleplayer of Giant Slayers, Inc. on Thelanis, formerly Tharashk.
    Member of the DDO Player Council

Coldin-Artificer; Lynton-Bard; Alydyn-Swashbuckler;
    Takai-
    Monk; Rosein-Paladin; Ellyiana-Cleric; Aurixs-Sorcerer

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Unless there was some way to mark it in the chest as junk or not, I've never used the junk feature once.

Add into the fact that if you go to certain vendors you'll get better prices, the junk feature really was just junk in many a player's opinion.

I either lock it to keep it or I trash it for the most part.

Community Member

Completely depends on the character. My lvl 24 monk has 3.5 tabs available. My lvl 25 artificer, OTOH, has about 4/5 of one tab available.

The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar

Lock: This is great anything I use the inventory list option as opposed to the pages so when i want to decon I switch the sort button to unlocked only so I can easily decon anything i dont care about and if whilstg doing this i see something i want to keep locking it immediately removes it from the list

Junk: this is great too again norm ally I decon before selling/banking anything so as I'm deconing things i select things for junk that I don't care to decon like arrows items with just a +X on it, scrolls, etc.

As for how many spots I like to have 20-30 but the more the better I'm pretty OCD about cleaning out my inventory before I log out. Bank gets done a bit less.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

You decon? For what...the crafting system has been abandoned
    Cetus Heroic Lives: #32/32 | Epic Completionist: #20/24 | Iconic Lives: #6/6
    Cetusz - Pure Sorcerer: Heroic Lives: #24/24 | Epic Lives: #6/12 | Iconic Lives: #1/3
    YouTube Channel HERE
    Argonnessen's DEGENERATE MATTER

Like... 5 spots. Silver flame pots *sigh*.
    Orien
    | Klorox | Suppressor | Vellien | Knost | & more |
    ~ Youtube ~ DDO Adventures ~

Quote Originally Posted by Cetus View Post
    with green, blue and the posibilty of 2 augment slots (clear and yellow) on one item. you can make some good "filler" items now. im sure they will fork it up soon but for now crazy stuff can be made for lv 20

1-2 tabs open usually.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrande View Post
    Anybody out there bother to use the Mark item as junk feature?
    Yes but for me it is mark to be deconstructed.

You just blew my mind. Didn't even know there was a "only show locked/unlocked items' button. i will use the list view for more than when I can't find something now.
    Honkin * Diaari * Bazongas

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Some people always hold out hope that maybe it will become something useful instead of the typical "after thought and forget" that many systems in DDO are.

Depends strongly on character. I will always make sure to have at least as many slots open as chests exist in whatever quest(s) I am about to run, but some characters can manage 40+ free slots easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrande View Post
    Anybody out there bother to use the Mark item as junk feature?
    I use it as a "keep this" mark. For instance, if I loot a BtA random item from an end reward I will mark it thusly red so it stands out from other items (so it doesn't accidentally get deconned) and so it still shows up in the "only unlocked items" view. Marking the rare "keeper" item with the junk flag and leaving the multitude of junk items unmarked is more efficient than marking junk and unmarking "keepers".

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Since he's one of the dev's maybe he knows about something in the works that we don't?

I used to mark all items I wanted to auction, instead of deconstruct, as junk.That way I had a nice binary indicator in the listed view of unlocked items, of what I want to drag into the fleischmachine.

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    Since he's one of the dev's maybe he knows about something in the works that we don't?
    My last information (from ~3 months ago, I reckon) is, that there are NO changes for cannith crafting in the foreseeable future.

Uber Completionist
    The Hatchery

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    I usually have between 1 and 2 empty inventory tabs for loot. I hate leaving stuff behind at level 28 I still pick up and sell pots from breakables.

^^ this .. at least 1, most of the times 2.

2014 DDO Players Council Flavilandile's Avatar

One page and a half free ( 30ish slots ) is the bare minimum for me.
    There's some raids/quests where you will fill up that space ( Shroud, LOB/MA and Cannith quests in general with all the metal bits that drops )

I can do quests with less exceptionally if I know there's no way the loot will reach the empty space.
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast