Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How many spots?

Default How many spots?

...do folks generally keep open in their inventory? I've been going through and trying to clean up my menagerie, and I tend to find I'm not comfortable heading out into quests without, at minimum 10 slots available, preferably at least 15.

So I was wondering what other folks do.
    Bogenbroom's DDO Wishlist.......Tolero's guide to actionable feedback
    Bogenbroom's legion... 83 characters, 3 accounts, and 1 irate wife.

Community Member

My light based Shintao monk can run around with 50 or 60 slots free. She just doesn't need much to keep her going. Curses, diseases, and lesser restorations, are all covered by her finisher now. My rogue, on the other hand, is brimming with scrolls, wands, and pots. She's lucky to have 20 slots open going into a night of questing.

I keep at least the entire last inventory page open and free on all my characters (bank mules being the exception). During five years of play, I've had to make room for end reward loot exactly once. It was a heavy loot day.
    The newest computer can merely compound, at speed, the oldest problem in the relations between human beings, and in the end the communicator will be confronted with the old problem, of what to say and how to say it. - Edward R. Murrow (1964)

I try to keep around 20 - 30 slots free when questing.

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

I usually have between 1 and 2 empty inventory tabs for loot. I hate leaving stuff behind at level 28 I still pick up and sell pots from breakables.

Depends on the character, though TYPICALLY I have at least one full pack tab empty at a minimum, often two or more (my eight main characters have every pack space unlocked, even the store-bought one). If I only had 5 pack spaces, it'd be a bit tighter, but I tend not to take giant piles of stuff with me. Usually just thieves tools (3-4 stacks), spell comps (if I'm a caster), misc odds and ends gear (swap-outs), and a few flavors of potions to deal with curses, blindness, etc. I don't carry like 9 different weapon sets, or 6 different staff/scepter combos.

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    I usually have between 1 and 2 empty inventory tabs for loot. I hate leaving stuff behind at level 28 I still pick up and sell pots from breakables.
    Same here. I'm a packrat, so I tend to pick up just about everything. Potions, gems, random plat, stray rocks, not-nailed-down boxes, etc.

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

A minimum of two empty backpack tabs. My absolute preference is one tab filled with whatever I may need, and four open, but some toons just have too much junk. And I don't use most of it, but feel strange about going out without it. I need to really relook at all the junk I carry around.
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

2 tabs on my main.

2015 DDO Players Council FuzzyDuck81's Avatar

Depends on the character, their level (since i accumulate stuff) & whether or not they have UMD/half elf dilly, recently i LR'ed my UMD-capable monksplash thingy into a pure monk, and freed up 1.5 entire inventory pages, previously she only had 1 page available for questing - and thats with the full 6 tabs.
    I don't mean to come across as unsympathetic - but I am, so I do.

Most times 20 min 30-35 max.. on any player I am questing with.. I have 15 on Thelanis right now.. 5 of them being Mules..

Community Member

Depends on what class he currently is, but my character has 1 page almost full of bags (mostly the free tiny collectible ones you get for free every life; between those and the medium one I have, I almost have enough bags to hold all the collectibles in the game!), then I've got maybe 1/2-3/4 of the second page filled with spell components and gear swaps. I don't typically carry a lot of stuff around; even on a TWF melee I won't normally have more than 3 sets of weapons + a ranged weapon.

Community Member HernandoCortez's Avatar

At least one tab, but I usually leave 2 tabs empty.
    EXTREME PREJUDICE™ - by Turbine.

GHOSTBANE™ - by Turbine.

OP, this is not a Family Feud survey says kind of question, is it?

For most of my characters its 4 to 6 slots open, I wouldn't mind a new bag of holding just for newly looted item. i.e. my junks bag to be sorted out at the Pawns Exchange.

Anybody out there bother to use the Mark item as junk feature?

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility

This depends on the factor of how many bag tabs I have 5 or 6

For my characters that only have 5 bag tabs I generally have 1 tab and a couple (2 to 3) empty slots

For my characters that have 6 bag tabs I generally have 2 tabs

Keep in mind that all but one of my characters is UMD capable, so many slots are dedicated to Survival or Buff scrolls.

Now with all the changes to loot (ML etc) I've been doing a clean-up on Bank and TR Cache to eliminate items that I once thought - Hmmm, I may use this sometime. This includes removing Older Named Items that have now been updated with augments since there does not look like there will be a way to "update" them.

Personally I recommend reviewing your pack every 5ish levels. Reason: I've discovered gear that was very useful at lower but was replaced/useless at higher levels that I was still carrying around with me when I was level 20.

Community Member

I have six bag pages. I generally have only one free and thats when I am lucky.
    Yeah, I am a hoarder.
    Now, when I strat emptying my TR bank to TR again... generally, I have - 40 slots. With all storage room upgrades available ofc. And in that moment, I am not really a hoarder anymore - I just have so much usefull/raid/prominent stuff

Community Member

I try to keep more than one page free... try being the keyword here, as it hardly ever works.

2015 DDO Players Council FuzzyDuck81's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Enoach View Post
    Now with all the changes to loot (ML etc) I've been doing a clean-up on Bank and TR Cache to eliminate items that I once thought - Hmmm, I may use this sometime. This includes removing Older Named Items that have now been updated with augments since there does not look like there will be a way to "update" them.

Personally I recommend reviewing your pack every 5ish levels. Reason: I've discovered gear that was very useful at lower but was replaced/useless at higher levels that I was still carrying around with me when I was level 20.
    Yeah junk like that tends to accumulate.. or the "oh, i'll keep this as a crafting blank since it has X" then never get around to actually making something with it - though some of the old named items, while not having the augment slot so technically not as good, do have the advantage at least of being unbound so they make for great twinky gear - like my trusty sunblades, mace of smiting, shining devastation, ring of spellstoring & cloak of ice.

As for the reviewing inventory.. totally with you on that one, after a bunch of LRing following the update i had to rebuild the hotbars on a number of my characters - i tend to have a lot of them to account for all the various tricks etc. & going through the inventory i could usually free up half a page or so with outdated things that i never bothered to get rid of earlier
    I don't mean to come across as unsympathetic - but I am, so I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrande View Post
    I use it all the time. I'll dump vendor trash into the shared bank account after flagging it junk for my haggle toon to sell. That way I don't have to recall why I put it in the bank.
    The newest computer can merely compound, at speed, the oldest problem in the relations between human beings, and in the end the communicator will be confronted with the old problem, of what to say and how to say it. - Edward R. Murrow (1964)

I usually try to keep 1-2 pages free on any character.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrande View Post
    I use this all the time, though I still tend to deconstruct most items into essences, but the marking makes it easier to keep track of things while in a dungeon, especially if I'm sure I just want to vendor something.

I also use the list-view of my items when deconstructing, and consistently Lock items that I want to keep so I can toggle "only show unlocked items", making only new items show up in the list.

I'm a fervent locker-of-items, but junk is too many extra clicks.

I really need a "loot all non-consumables" option when I get to chests, or the ability to say "take no freaking arrows, bolts, stacking throwing items, scrolls" and hotkey that. Then I can add the individual small things I want, but not loot them by default.

Hey V - make it happen?
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast