Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Community Member

Default ED abuse in Heroics is getting ridiculous.

I don't post very often, cause mostly I am pleased with the game, and don't really mind a bug here or there. But lately whenever I join a quest there's at least one person exploiting primal scream or cacoon or health spring... I don't even wanna know how many people are running different passive ones, and at least I don't see that. When is the fix for this incoming?

Will you people give it a rest? 30 resists on a lowbie is more op than these destinies people keep complaining about.

If it bothers you that bad that Turbine is not moving fast enough, you can always uninstall the game and go play something else.

I hate grouping with idiots, so what choice do I have? Solo or quit the game. Not trying to be a jerk, but it is that simple.
    Flabby-Flaber-Flabo--Heifer-Oinks

LEGION

Please excuse my friend here, he is being a little harsh. We know it isn't your fault you didn't know that there have been 30 posts today about this, to join the hundreds that have been showing up for the past week.

Vint, little harsh on a guy who says he hasn't posted on the forums. I can understand being frustrated, but this is just going to drive people away who love our game.

Reincarnator...yes...it is annoying, and yes, there is a bug fix coming.

I would suggest, however, that you not post on the forums unless you can deal with people like ole' Vinty boy here. If you have thick skin, then please, do enjoy your stay!
    Shorlong - Pale Master, Cevon - Druid Archer, Gorgnak - Barbarian, Addanc - Bear Tank, Juristash - Shadar Kai Assassin, Treiah - Morninglord Tempest Ranger, Baylfyre - CC Bard, Deimanus - Bladeforged Melee Arti, Daerian - Healing Cleric Morninglord, Krazig - Pally Tank, Veriste - Shadar Kai Death Knight, Xanapheia - TWF FVS, Helainia - Shadar Kai Henshin-Theif

Leader of The Dark Creed

The sky is falling as we speak..........

Community Member

Default What game are you playing?

Quote Originally Posted by Vint View Post
    Will you people give it a rest? 30 resists on a lowbie is more op than these destinies people keep complaining about.

If it bothers you that bad that Turbine is not moving fast enough, you can always uninstall the game and go play something else.

I hate grouping with idiots, so what choice do I have? Solo or quit the game. Not trying to be a jerk, but it is that simple.
    30 resist is more powerful at low lvl than exploiting epic destinies? really, lol. Forget the fact that anyone could get resists, even before ship buffs and only exploiting TRs can use twists. Either you are lying or you have no idea how use the twists wisely.

It bothers me that turbine doesnt ban for this, but then they are afraid of losing money.

I hate grouping with idiots too, but who needs to exploit to solo, you cant justify it, youre cheating. Not trying to be a jerk but a spade is a spade, its that simple.

Congratz!

You just started the 52nd "Complain about ED abuse in Heroics" thread today!

Have a cookie.

Quote Originally Posted by Shorlong View Post
    Please excuse my friend here, he is being a little harsh. We know it isn't your fault you didn't know that there have been 30 posts today about this, to join the hundreds that have been showing up for the past week.

Vint, little harsh on a guy who says he hasn't posted on the forums. I can understand being frustrated, but this is just going to drive people away who love our game.

Reincarnator...yes...it is annoying, and yes, there is a bug fix coming.

I would suggest, however, that you not post on the forums unless you can deal with people like ole' Vinty boy here. If you have thick skin, then please, do enjoy your stay!
    I was not trying to be harsh, and I hope that the OP does not leave over something this trivial.

Not trying to be harsh, but is this where the OP draws the line? With everything else wrong with this game, this is what the OP has a problem with? I am not saying he does not have a claim, but there have been many things that have been added into this game since his join date (2009) that I would consider much more imbalanced than this.

LEGION

Community Member

Default a scenario

Heres a scenario:

You are playing chess, the game is taking forever, you are basically on even ground, noone has the advantage. Youre friend has to use the bathroom. While hes away from the game you move his rook one space to the left giving you and advantage.

Now you can try justify this saying you wanted to speed up the game, you could blame your friend saying it was his fault for leaving the table and that the game was going too slowly.

If youre friend realises you cheated he may feel a bit betrayed, unless hes seriously lonely hed probably stop playing chess with you in the future.

Notice any similariaties at all here? What if it was some team game and you cheated making it no challenge for your teammate and cheating the other team. Try to justify this bs all you want, cheating is pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by 01000010 View Post
    30 resist is more powerful at low lvl than exploiting epic destinies? really, lol. Forget the fact that anyone could get resists, even before ship buffs and only exploiting TRs can use twists. Either you are lying or you have no idea how use the twists wisely.

It bothers me that turbine doesnt ban for this, but then they are afraid of losing money.

I hate grouping with idiots too, but who needs to exploit to solo, you cant justify it, youre cheating. Not trying to be a jerk but a spade is a spade, its that simple.
    Not that it means a lot, but I have never used this exploit. My complaint is that this is the 58th thread that we have seen on the subject today and we needed another thread about it?

The other issue is this is the issue that the OP wants to step up about? There have been far worse things that have imbalanced the game.

p.s. I do know how powerful this “bug” is and realize that in some cases it is more powerful than resists.

LEGION

Quote Originally Posted by 01000010 View Post
    Heres a scenario:

You are playing chess, the game is taking forever, you are basically on even ground, noone has the advantage. Youre friend has to use the bathroom. While hes away from the game you move his rook one space to the left giving you and advantage.

Now you can try justify this saying you wanted to speed up the game, you could blame your friend saying it was his fault for leaving the table and that the game was going too slowly.

If youre friend realises you cheated he may feel a bit betrayed, unless hes seriously lonely hed probably stop playing chess with you in the future.

Notice any similariaties at all here? What if it was some team game and you cheated making it no challenge for your teammate and cheating the other team. Try to justify this bs all you want, cheating is pathetic.
    No correlation. I am not cheating you by using an ed that gives you extra power.

Is Turbine guilty because they “speed up the game” and give us bonus 20% xp weekends?

On that point, do you tell people that join your LFM to now bring a Maelstrom or Carnifex, as it may make the group too strong? Do you tell people that they should not bring heal pots as it would be more “heroic” to struggle through a dungeon?

LEGION

Community Member

Default good

Not that it means a lot, but I have never used this exploit. My complaint is that this is the 58th thread that we have seen on the subject today and we needed another thread about it?

The other issue is this is the issue that the OP wants to step up about? There have been far worse things that have imbalanced the game.

p.s. I do know how powerful this “bug” is and realize that in some cases it is more powerful than resists.

Your last paragraph in first post made it sound like you reasoned that since you didnt want to play with idiots you had to solo and that required this exploit, glad to hear you dont use it, takes some self discipline since turbine has made it clear that they will allow the abuse til its fixed on their side.

Thing is, all the people that refuse to cheat to compete with the exploiters are sacrificing xp(past lives), favor and in some cases will fail a quest the exploit would allow them to beat costing time.

Itd be easy for turbine to track whos been using the exploit and who hasnt, i say give the non exploiters some sort of bonus for respecting the game, permanent 5% xp and a pet you cant otherwise get should make everyone feel better, lol. I think a little angel that sits on shoulder would be hilarious.
    Last edited by 01000010; 09-17-2013 at 01:12 AM.

Seems like if you were tired of these threads you could not read them. Maybe turn your computer off and go read a book.

Just sayin'.

Community Member

Default cmon now

No correlation. I am not cheating you by using an ed that gives you extra power.

Is Turbine guilty because they “speed up the game” and give us bonus 20% xp weekends?

On that point, do you tell people that join your LFM to now bring a Maelstrom or Carnifex, as it may make the group too strong? Do you tell people that they should not bring heal pots as it would be more “heroic” to struggle through a dungeon?
    It is cheating, plainly. The eds are lvl 20+ abilities that are being exploited at low lvl.

If the chess players decide to play speed chess they arent cheating, they are on even ground and noone betrayed the other.

The queen is very powerful in chess, but everyone can use them. Not so with the twist exploit, and any powerful item can be gotten by anyone who puts their mind to it. Heal pots are entirely with the rules of the game...

But then you know this is cheating, everyone does.

Community Member

I am sorry Vint to clutter your forum, but it is just very frustrating. It's like I am playing some team game, lets say hockey, and in the middle of a game one of my teammates pulls out a gun and shoots opposing teams goalie, I look at the referee, but he says "no foul". And I can't even change teams cause in every team there seems to be a player carrying a gun

Community Member

Default haha

Quote Originally Posted by Reincarnator View Post
    I am sorry Vint to clutter your forum, but it is just very frustrating. It's like I am playing some team game, lets say hockey, and in the middle of a game one of my teammates pulls out a gun and shoots opposing teams goalie, I look at the referee, but he says "no foul". And I can't even change teams cause in every team there seems to be a player carrying a gun
    Your analogy is way cooler than mine, lol.

Edit: in the referees defense, would you penalize a player with a gun?

Quote Originally Posted by AzB View Post
    Seems like if you were tired of these threads you could not read them. Maybe turn your computer off and go read a book.

Just sayin'.
    Good thinking. I will go to bed and when I get up I am sure there wiill be another 74 of the same threads to read.

LEGION

Do you even realize that you are complaining about the only bug in the game that helps your group to complete your quests? It will get fixed soon, so I propose to relax.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reincarnator View Post
    Let me use a much better magical setting analogy with a relevent context.

Is it fair to all the other Benders that Aang can learn ALL 4 elemental styles fully, and enter a special avatar mode, and access the wisdom of his previous incarnations?

No because he is that worlds only TR. for them TRing is a unique super power. Here in DDO its a standard thing we can all do, thus even a first life newb can potentially gain these abilities if they are kept in game. However if I was a new player and saw these at work, bought into DDO and worked hard only to have it "Nerfed" as it would be in the eyes of a newcomer especially after learning it was in game for more then a year and since the system first launched, with this bug being known of and reported by players back on the test server, well hell that would cost them more new comers who try TRing just to try this fun new thing out.

Dont like it dont group with unknowns, just like for the myriad other reasons we usually dont anyways. I tell you this I have yet to meet a real new player in game complain about my aiding them with the powers of my previous life. They dont see it as a cheat for a second and think the way it works makes perfect sense and look forward to doing it themselves one day to experience the game with out the feeling of being a helpless newb.

Playing heroic content at level with epic power is probably the best fun I have had on this game since year one.

Quote Originally Posted by morkahn82 View Post
    Do you even realize that you are complaining about the only bug in the game that helps your group to complete your quests? It will get fixed soon, so I propose to relax.
    SoonishTM, right?

Same Soonish that we got for enhancement pass, start to finish.

Community Member

Default better analogy huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Karavek View Post
    Let me use a much better magical setting analogy with a relevent context.
    yeah right.

Sounds like a single player game to me.

Is it fair to all the other Benders that Aang can learn ALL 4 elemental styles fully, and enter a special avatar mode, and access the wisdom of his previous incarnations?
    Sure it is, hes the only hero the world has who can stand up to all the bad guys, unlike ddo where there are many heros who are intended to be within a specific power range based on their level.

No because he is that worlds only TR. for them TRing is a unique super power. Here in DDO its a standard thing we can all do, thus even a first life newb can potentially gain these abilities if they are kept in game. However if I was a new player and saw these at work, bought into DDO and worked hard only to have it "Nerfed" as it would be in the eyes of a newcomer especially after learning it was in game for more then a year and since the system first launched, with this bug being known of and reported by players back on the test server, well hell that would cost them more new comers who try TRing just to try this fun new thing out.
    Exactly, in that world TRing is unique to the avatar, funny thing is he has to learn all those power as he advances, in ddo all you have to have is a lack or respect for the game and other players and you get your twists at LEVEL ONE. New player dont want to be like you, they want to enjoy the game, this directly lessens their ability to contribute. You cant nerf an exploit, you can only fix it. Yeah, turbine takes forever to fix bugs so it takes some discipline and integrity to not abuse.

Dont like it dont group with unknowns, just like for the myriad other reasons we usually dont anyways. I tell you this I have yet to meet a real new player in game complain about my aiding them with the powers of my previous life. They dont see it as a cheat for a second and think the way it works makes perfect sense and look forward to doing it themselves one day to experience the game with out the feeling of being a helpless newb.
    BS, its a cheat, you know it, i know it, we all know it, it makes no sense whatsoever and new people only seem helpless compared to someone exploiting this bug.

Playing heroic content at level with epic power is probably the best fun I have had on this game since year one.
    Now thats a shame, you may want to ask yourself why? Is it because you can be the superstar in the group? Ill bet some of the new people in the game would like to feel like that occasionally, or at least feel like they make a difference. Exploiters are taking this away from them.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast