Default Lesser Reincarnation no longer resets True Reincarnation timer?

I bought a big stack of ottos boxes last time they were sold with the intent of picking up some past lives of classes I dont enjoy playing. I had read here before that performing a LR after a TR reset the 7 day lockout timer, so TRs could be performed back to back.

However testing on Lammania shows this is no longer the case!

Is this a Lammania only issue? Or was this changed on Live as well a while back. Why is there even a timer in the first place?!
    Making DDO a better game 1 post at a time!

Triple EVERYTHING Completionist= Heroic 39/39, Iconic 12/12, Epic 36/36

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Delacroix21 View Post
    I bought a big stack of ottos boxes last time they were sold with the intent of picking up some past lives of classes I dont enjoy playing. I had read here before that performing a LR after a TR reset the 7 day lockout timer, so TRs could be performed back to back.

Is this a Lammania only issue? Or was this changed on Live as well a while back. Why is there even a timer in the first place?!
    AFAIK Each reincarnation had a seperate timer, Lesser(and greater when it was still there, greater counted as a lesser reincarnation cept it allowed 28pt builds to become 32 pt builds if they had that unlocked) and True reincarnation has its own, neither resets the other.

as for why there is a timer, probably to prevent what your thinking of doing, completionist is meant ot take awhile to get, so with the timer there even with otto's boxes it would still take awhile to get and thus they released those boxes without much concern over alot of people getting completionist.

Quote Originally Posted by Violith View Post
    AFAIK Each reincarnation had a seperate timer, Lesser(and greater when it was still there, greater counted as a lesser reincarnation cept it allowed 28pt builds to become 32 pt builds if they had that unlocked) and True reincarnation has its own, neither resets the other.

as for why there is a timer, probably to prevent what your thinking of doing, completionist is meant ot take awhile to get, so with the timer there even with otto's boxes it would still take awhile to get and thus they released those boxes without much concern over alot of people getting completionist.
    Guess that means I wont buy anymore boxes then. Less money for this sinking game to stay afloat.
    Making DDO a better game 1 post at a time!

Triple EVERYTHING Completionist= Heroic 39/39, Iconic 12/12, Epic 36/36

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

Guess that means I wont buy anymore boxes then. Less money for this sinking game to stay afloat.
    Entirely your choice, however the boxes function has not at all changed. It still lets you skip the levels, so unless you suddenly want to play the levels and add more time to your tr's, this is a strange choice to me.
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

As far as I know this is a Lammania-only thing. IIRC there is a plan to reduce the TR timer to 3 days with the release of epic TR. Either that or they've already done this on Live, I'm not sure.
    I edited a book!

Thelanis player: Arekkeh, Kimberlei (heroic completionist), Lehren (heroic/epic completionist), Natheme, Terpsikhore

about 3 weeks ago I did LR+20 into an Arti and then immediately after that TR'd into a pure rogue. So as of 3 weeks ago or so, it was working.
    Kill'em all and let their favorite deity sort'em out
    Quote from a shroud run "I am an idiot, not a newb"

Quote Originally Posted by Bolo_Grubb View Post
    about 3 weeks ago I did LR+20 into an Arti and then immediately after that TR'd into a pure rogue. So as of 3 weeks ago or so, it was working.
    Not anymore it's not, i just did a Lesser TR and it did not reset the timer, i still have to wait out the 4 days, so i guess turbine will see a dip in sales on hearts now. Frustrating that i bought the hearts only to find out they no longer work

For the life of me i have no understanding as to why, when they are reducing the timer anyways??
    The Arms Of Orien
    Dokalfar - Jhanjra - Khlaryssa - XiaNYdE - Tammin Burfoot
    In a way, we are magicians. We are alchemists, sorcerers and wizards. We are a very strange bunch. But there is great fun in being a wizard. -Billy Joel

Community Member

It was done in 19.2:

Quote Originally Posted by Release Notes
    Reincarnation time stamps that were not getting preserved over reincarnation are now doing do [sic].
    I'm the kind of person that takes weeks or months to level up to 20, so... ¯\_(?)_/¯

Its in the release notes - Reincarnation time stamps that were not getting preserved over reincarnation are now doing do. https://www.ddo.com/en/update-19-patch-2

What this means is that lesser TR does not reset the TR timer. I wish they would make it 3 days now instead of when U20 hits.

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

Is this a Lammania only issue? Or was this changed on Live as well a while back.
    Last patch. See release notes.

Why is there even a timer in the first place?!
    To stop people buying a big stack of ottos boxes and gaining past lives they haven't earned at too fast a rate?

Default Yet another odd decision

I gotta admit, I'm kinda stumped by this one. Turbine's MO of late seems to be maximization of short term profits, and that's exactly what they just prevented. Everyone who wanted to reset the timer had to go to the store for a lesser heart. They probably also bought their TR heart there, 'cause farming takes too long. That's a whole lot of repeat spending they just prevented... I really don't get it.
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by XiaNYdE View Post
    Not anymore it's not, i just did a Lesser TR and it did not reset the timer, i still have to wait out the 4 days, so i guess turbine will see a dip in sales on hearts now. Frustrating that i bought the hearts only to find out they no longer work

For the life of me i have no understanding as to why, when they are reducing the timer anyways??
    Lesser hearts were never intended to be timer bypasses - that was a glitch. The timer will be set to 3 days in a few months for all types of reincarnations.
    CC Casting Druid: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...C-Summer-Build
    Shiradi Wiz Plan for 1st Lifers: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...r-First-Lifers
    U25 Patch 1 Dex Halfling Assassin Build: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...x-Assassin-1-0
    Warlock DC Caster: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ld-Blast-Build

Several characters on Sarlona all starting with "Rand" in the Guild "Guardians of House Cannith". My main four characters are Randowl (18 rogue 2 artificer mechanic - hope to go back to DC casting some day), Randslar (Bard 14 / Fighter 4 / Rogue 2 Swashbuckler), Randek (Druid CC Caster 17/Fvs 3) and Randomall (Rogue 20 assassin).

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlock View Post
    To stop people buying a big stack of ottos boxes and gaining past lives they haven't earned at too fast a rate?
    the only thing that turbine gained with this movement was ANOTHER "why spend money in something if turbine can decide fix/change it when they want"? aka forcing the death

if 1 guy (like that one who bought 14!!!! otto boxes lol) wants to spend 23748263472634 $ to avoid content, PL, or whatever, let it be

there's no pvp in ddo, so what's the worst that can happen? find him in a raid/quest and get benefit of his uberness?

it's just an act of envy/greed? sound like completionist worths the time/effort! but the truth is it doesn't, in fact the feat doesn't fit in most of the GOOD builds, so why don't leave ppl buy the game? is it p2w? I D C, what i don't wanna see is the game closed tomorrow because awful customer management: removing things that make players spend money is a really bad way to treat customer, and force VIP's to pay for expansions that don't bring anything new is also a bad way to treat customer

no vip, only purchased 1 otto because getting 750 tp/life as you'll suppose takes a bit to save for an otto XDDD however thanks to turbine i traded my true globe of imperial blood (that purchased with the otto) i could get 3 ottos in exchange in a ragequit, thanks ot that "improvement"

if timers shouldn't stamp, turbine just should have waited to u20 to fix em, so no more players would get tired of turbine's changing decisions (how much time has been since it worked this way? because even in wiki appears this way lol)

looks like turbine's lates decisions are aimed to... don't get easy money from players? and make em waste time? (idc if 1 player gets completionist in 1 month, i have half year remaining so he can spend his money where he wants, not in ddo im afraid after last movements) sometimes ddo remainds me an explorer game (mozilla, chrome, etc) where they only want to have you in front of the screen staring at it, because what they offer you to get with money is plain silly XD

must say i was surprised when last time they released double bonus+otto at time (always wondered why they didn't release double or triple bonus, this way would encourage players to spend more money) it was all about strategy, well played turbine, however was a movement to lose players who spend money: 1 guy that spent 200$ in this post, another that spent 200$ in my guild, the guy of the other post that spent 400$

too many rage caused with 1 movement, must say
    psykopeta - hoarding pl, for the sake of hoarding, the day i become ubercompletionist will be because there isn't anything to delay it more - thelanis, where the gimps claim to be pros and noobs claim to be pros, no newbies allowed(unless they claim to be pros), we have enough drama w/o them. PS i'm not a pro, maybe if i reincarnate in RL...

Quote Originally Posted by psykopeta View Post
    the only thing that turbine gained with this movement was ANOTHER "why spend money in something if turbine can decide fix/change it when they want"? aka forcing the death
    No, what they did was fixed a bug that was beneficial to players.