Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    I completely disagree. I add the melee deaths to my kill count. There is nothing more satisfying than that.
    Actually a good tasty ham dinner is far more satisfying than that.
    Matt Walsh:
    But Truth is eternal, so it can never be old or new. It never ‘was’ or ‘will be.’ It just ‘is.’ It always ‘is.’

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok.cry View Post
    This is how you spell nonsensical. It fits because it has lots of letters and doesn't make sense.
    It is absolutely correct. I have yet to see a divine perform better than other classes in any EE content. Divines are gimp and remain gimp in content that matters.

Community Member gordofgrayhawk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jalont View Post
    Oddly, I no longer get traps on my trapper toons unless the bonus is worth the time. No this isn't a joke either.

Anyway, the only thing that matters in a group is that everyone is pulling their own weight. If a divine is unable to kill anything in early levels and still refuses to heal, they're piking.

If a divine is unable to kill anything in EE and still refused to heal, they are piking.

If you find yourself with one of these types, drop group and spread their name around as pikers, since that's what they are.
    I do with any trapper not doing there job all XP is counted!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by gordofgrayhawk View Post
    I do with any trapper not doing there job all XP is counted!
    Learn to level faster. Stopping to get traps in the majority of quests equals a net loss in xp/min. You are actually hurting yourself by doing it.

It is absolutely correct. I have yet to see a divine perform better than other classes in any EE content. Divines are gimp and remain gimp in content that matters.
    Nonsense, they can still hjeal meh!

Learn to level faster. Stopping to get traps in the majority of quests equals a net loss in xp/min. You are actually hurting yourself by doing it.
    Though factually right if you have multiple people doing multiple things it will pay off to get the traps.

It is absolutely correct. I have yet to see a divine perform better than other classes in any EE content. Divines are gimp and remain gimp
    If your criteria for gimp is "not better than everything else" then that might be true. However that criteria is as nonsensical as the belief that divines are useless or gimp.
    in content that matters.
    Content is fun, but it doesn't really matter, it is in fact rather unimportant in the grand scheme of things. Your posts are just getting more and more nonsensical all the time. (hehehe)
    Matt Walsh:
    But Truth is eternal, so it can never be old or new. It never ‘was’ or ‘will be.’ It just ‘is.’ It always ‘is.’

Before criticizing healers in DDO - try playing one of the "healing" classes.
    Not only will it help you understand the situation better, it'll likely make you a better overall player.
    “Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough.” ~ Mark Twain

The auto-find trap ability speeds this up quite a bit. The rogue can catch-up, anyway or finish-out at the last trap box if grouping.

Rogues can't really contribute otherwise. (that was a joke)

Community Member

Nonsense, they can still hjeal meh!
    I would never bring a divine to heal me either. I just don't bring them. They add to scaling. If I wanted a tag-a-long, every other class would be a better choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    Before criticizing healers in DDO - try playing one of the "healing" classes.
    Not only will it help you understand the situation better, it'll likely make you a better overall player.
    I play them. It's not that hard to hjeal people while meleeing or doing other stuff. So occasionally somebody dies while I'm hitting something, it's a sacrifice I'm willing to make.

Now hjeal meh

I would never bring a divine to heal me either. I just don't bring them. They add to scaling. If I wanted a tag-a-long, every other class would be a better choice.
    That's some damned fine trolling, this thread could get good.

Community Member

I play them. It's not that hard to hjeal people while meleeing or doing other stuff. So occasionally somebody dies while I'm hitting something, it's a sacrifice I'm willing to make.

Now hjeal meh
    It isn't hard to heal. I'm testing out a very very deeply splashed melee divine right now. Only an occasional devotion ruby slotted in random weapons. Very bad healingwise. She was built to keep my alive, and I know what it takes to keep me alive, so it is adjusted that way. Still, if I'm in a pug and someone is dieing, I throw them a heal. I've been finding that pugs have caught on to the byoh thing, and I haven't had an issue with people expecting me to sit back and heal.

It isn't hard to heal. I'm testing out a very very deeply splashed melee divine right now. Only an occasional devotion ruby slotted in random weapons. Very bad healingwise. She was built to keep my alive, and I know what it takes to keep me alive, so it is adjusted that way. Still, if I'm in a pug and someone is dieing, I throw them a heal. I've been finding that pugs have caught on to the byoh thing, and I haven't had an issue with people expecting me to sit back and heal.
    I don't get going divine for self-healing melee, there are just better options. It's not worth the DPS loss for the over-kill self-healing that is a cleric/FvS.

Though honestly I don't think a pally can out-DPS a splashed battle-cleric at this point, but the ranger or artificer self-healers are very strong right now as are the multitude of splash-builds with cocoon + UMD.

I don't mind healing on my divine or bard, but I get very annoyed when people bring toons into EE with no healing amp at all. That's just pathetic.

Thing is you still need healers in SOME raids and divines are best at this role. They gotta get to cap somehow.

Now hjeal meh
    Dude, all you play/pug is some ranger ish toon, you haven't embraced full hjealzor experience.
    Nothing against being picky/guild, friends only of course.
    Unguilded, unknown, pug to cap few times, join few fail raids, things like that.
    Never, ever again.

Shahang (fvs caster), Bellezza (assassin), Wipekin (monkcher), Farida (air savant), Nezhat (melee) Ghallanda/Devourer

That's some damned fine trolling, this thread could get good.
    Should I set up the popcorn cart or the pitchfork and torch stand though is the question.

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    Should I set up the popcorn cart or the pitchfork and torch stand though is the question.
    Why choose? Peeps gotta eat and rage. Might as well take advantage of both.
    The newest computer can merely compound, at speed, the oldest problem in the relations between human beings, and in the end the communicator will be confronted with the old problem, of what to say and how to say it. - Edward R. Murrow (1964)

Community Member

If you are a new player, 1 level in ranger will give you access to 75 healing spell power from enhancements. 1 level in cleric or FVS will give you access to 300 healing spell power from maximize, empower, and empower healing feats. A devotion item will add more if needed, or can be socketed into a weapon for even more healing spell power by converting the weapon into a spell casting implement.

Then add halfling healing dragonmarks, and you are now self sufficient till 20. Past 20, and on future lives the magical training feat (from the 1 cleric or FVS, or just taken as a feat) will allow you to twist cocoon, an epic destiny ability, which will provide decent self-sufficiency forever.

Acknowledge that you will be limited on your dps as a fair tradeoff to being able to self heal.

Or, if you want uberleet dps, roll up the pure 20 Horc barb with 0 self healing, and use a healer hire. Acknowledge that you will be limited in your self healing as a fair tradeoff to more dps.

You choose how to make and play your guy...that is the essence of an RPG.

Same goes with everyone else. All those 'healers' you play with can choose to make and play their 'healer' to heal, or to pwnzer face.

Quote Originally Posted by Encair View Post
    Dude, all you play/pug is some ranger ish toon, you haven't embraced full hjealzor experience.
    Nothing against being picky/guild, friends only of course.
    Unguilded, unknown, pug to cap few times, join few fail raids, things like that.
    Never, ever again.
    I absolutely have embraced the full "hjealzor" experience. Everything from early Epic LoBs to CiTWs with 6 WF artis on Lolth having no SP left to keep themselves alive.

True not un-guilded but getting him from 20-25 was about 80% pug. it's what happens to the last toon in your stable that by the time you start working on him everyone else is back on the TR train.

Yes people are terrible, but once you accept the "your deaths count as my kills" philosophy it's like a zen moment and all is right with the world.

I absolutely have embraced the full "hjealzor" experience. Everything from early Epic LoBs to CiTWs with 6 WF artis on Lolth having no SP left to keep themselves alive.

True not un-guilded but getting him from 20-25 was about 80% pug.

Yes people are terrible, but once you accept the "your deaths count as my kills" philosophy it's like a zen moment and all is right with the world.
    Chaotic Evil Cleric, everything must be dead by the end of the dungeon including party members. I like it.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast