Community Member

Default Ability Tomes can be traded for ... ?

Ok, I know there is something that you can trade an Ability Tome to an in game npc for but I can't remember what it is. I thought it was a Token of the Twelve but the wiki page doesn't mention that. What is it? and, more importantly, can you trade an upgrade tome for the same thing?

(Reason for my question: I received a +2 to +3 Strength upgrade tome a while back, can't remember where from, I think it was a Daily Dice roll or something. It's bound so I can't AH it. And this toon has already used a +4 Strength tome so afaik a +2 to +3 upgrade tome is not useful to me. I was hoping I could trade it to an ingame npc for something useful.)

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Gate-keeper View Post
    Ok, I know there is something that you can trade an Ability Tome to an in game npc for but I can't remember what it is. I thought it was a Token of the Twelve but the wiki page doesn't mention that. What is it? and, more importantly, can you trade an upgrade tome for the same thing?

(Reason for my question: I received a +2 to +3 Strength upgrade tome a while back, can't remember where from, I think it was a Daily Dice roll or something. It's bound so I can't AH it. And this toon has already used a +4 Strength tome so afaik a +2 to +3 upgrade tome is not useful to me. I was hoping I could trade it to an ingame npc for something useful.)
    +1 and +2 tomes can be traded in for purified dragon shards at the vendor in the crafting hall. I don't think it was ever updated to accept upgrade tomes.

Bound tomes are usually bound to account. If you cannot trade at the crafting hall try giving it to another of your characters.

Or, do what I end up doing, trash it to make space in your inventory for something of real value.

Community Member

...and is there anything useful that can be done with surplus skill tomes?

I mean, even though it's not as useless as bound spellpoint potions for a pure halfling rogue, there's just so many times that I can use a +1 hide tome. Especially as it's BTA...

(From the daily dice. Is there something funny going on with the randomness generator there, or am I just seeing patterns that really don't exist? ... Oh well, I've played Nethack and Angband, I know about the Random Number God.)
    No longer completely f2p as of November 2014. Father of 3 more DDO players so far (I do have more children than that).
    Away from the game most of 2015 & 2016.