Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Quote Originally Posted by MartinusWyllt View Post
    And you're buying shards why? Was the plat option for resetting enhancements removed? How about the dragonshard option for feat respecs...gone as well?
    Re-rolling loot is the subject of this thread, anyway.

Yet you've actually spent money on shards? To use on gold rolls? Knowing that "1-81 is basically useless stuff"?

Really?

I bought a lottery ticket and didn't even get my $1 back...scam!
    The enhancements reset on full ED's is 100.000 pp a pop... you call this normal lol
    It's not normal at all..
    Fred is bugged btw he doesnt show half of the feats you took... all for a flawless and again another 100k...
    lol

insane prices

why these high prices

cause Turbine wants to force people to buy shards in the store, for a huge amount of money...
    and drain the pp that is acculumated in the game...

its not really hard to see

dont worry about the 700 shards i spend, i am a veteran player and i can earn that back in a couple days with trading.
    and for the people who are saying i bought shards in the store.

you really think i am that stupid i earn my shards fair and square
    MD Interactive www.youtube.com/michieldankmeijer
    Subscribe & Follow To Stay Tuned!
    Afteristar & Empha on Ghallanda

Quote Originally Posted by TheOnly_LightInDark View Post
    Ok challenge is on.
    I will spend the next 700 shards I make from selling things on ASAH on Gold rolls and see where I get will post the details up under the game play thread.

I currently have 2100 shards from sales of items. Dont make shards fast so I expect to do about 1 roll every week or two. Will need to do 46~47 rolls
    Don't worry about it, I recommend you never ever touch the Gold Roll button and spend your 700 shards wisely on something else, or trade it.
    Do not waste it on a system that is designed to scam you.

It's not worth it & i realized that the hard way.

You might come back and gotten a +5 tome, or something nice.. but you will be only 5 percent of the players that do... or 10 percent
    the other 81 percent

i refer to 1-81 rolls

will be scammed

greets
    MD Interactive www.youtube.com/michieldankmeijer
    Subscribe & Follow To Stay Tuned!
    Afteristar & Empha on Ghallanda

Community Member

"Scam" implies ill-intent. That carries with it a pretty high bar for proof of malice and I don't see anyone reaching it here. Obviously Turbine wants to sell shards, but that doesn't mean they are trying to cheat anyone.

What I've observed so far from my free rolls since the change was made is that the gold rolls are better and the silver ones are actually worse. On the old silvers, I would rarely get anything really good, but I'd quite frequently get lesser-but-still-good versions of good items. So, no 30% XP pots, but sometimes a 10% one. Or a 50% slayer count boost. Etc. Now? Honestly, I cannot recall even ONE roll in which I got something I was happy with. It's nearly always: a small amount of platinum or a healing potion barely better than I can buy at a vendor and not worth an inventory slot. The silver XP rewards are nice if you're level 3, and quickly become a drop in the ocean after that. In short, based on my experience so far, the silver rolls aren't worth even 3 astral shards.

Once again: I'm not looking a gift horse in the mouth. What I'm saying to Turbine is that if the purpose of the free rolls is to get me to buy shards, the gold ones are moving in the right direction, and the silver ones the opposite. Maybe that's deliberate, so people will "upgrade" their silver rolls to gold. I know I've thought about doing that, but I also still get enough lousy gold rolls that I'd generally prefer to use my shards to buy things from other players.

I sure as heck am not spending real cash on anything where there's a large chance I'm going to get something worse than I'd find in a level 8 chest.
    Last edited by Qaliya; 09-20-2013 at 06:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Qaliya View Post
    "Scam" implies ill-intent. That carries with it a pretty high bar for proof of malice and I don't see anyone reaching it here. Obviously Turbine wants to sell shards, but that doesn't mean they are trying to cheat anyone.

What I've observed so far from my free rolls since the change was made is that the gold rolls are better and the silver ones are actually worse. On the old silvers, I would rarely get anything really good, but I'd quite frequently get lesser-but-still-good versions of good items. So, no 30% XP pots, but sometimes a 10% one. Or a 50% slayer count boost. Etc. Now? Honestly, I cannot recall even ONE roll in which I got something I was happy with. It's nearly always: a small amount of platinum or a healing potion barely better than I can buy at a vendor and not worth an inventory slot. The silver XP rewards are nice if you're level 3, and quickly become a drop in the ocean after that. In short, based on my experience so far, the silver rolls aren't worth even 3 astral shards.

Once again: I'm not looking a gift horse in the mouth. What I'm saying to Turbine is that if the purpose of the free rolls is to get me to buy shards, the gold ones are moving in the right direction, and the silver ones the opposite. Maybe that's deliberate, so people will "upgrade" their silver rolls to gold. I know I've thought about doing that, but I also still get enough lousy gold rolls that I'd generally prefer to use my shards to buy things from other players.

I sure as heck am not spending real cash on anything where there's a large chance I'm going to get something worse than I'd find in a level 8 chest.
    There is a huge amount of Ill intent in the game, if you have played it for years you know how they are exploiting the DDO store nowadays, with insane prices;
    and charging huge amount of platinum to respec simple enhancements, ED's changes, feat changes, so on so on.

This is not hard to see at all.
    This is ill intent & Turbine is to blame cause Warner Brothers own DDO now, they can scam and use the game for profit all they want, cause they are 100 percent owner of this game now.

You understand?

Quality is not important if it was, Turbine would be more inclined to fix bugs asap; like completions RAID timers right away, feat bugs with fred, ED feat bugs (which are fixed in coming update) but so many are not....
    Not to even talk about the 'expansions' that were released lately, especially the last one.

Ill intent, yes as long as someone gets richer and richer and people are paying what is the problem?
    That's how the world turns.

To put it short, I love this game and I will keep loving it but mistakes were made, Turbine should have never sold this game to a 3rd party, esp a large company like WB.

My 2 cents.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fundamental View Post
    There is a huge amount of Ill intent in the game, if you have played it for years you know how they are exploiting the DDO store nowadays, with insane prices;
    "Exploit?" Did a hurricane just hit and Turbine is charging $10 a bottle for water?

We're talking about optional add-on junk in a video game. If you don't like the prices, don't buy the stuff.

"Scamming" means being dishonest about how things are presented. That doesn't apply to things being more expensive than you'd like.

Real evidence of them rigging the dice rolls so they weren't truly random would be a scam. Pricing the rolls greater than I'd like, is not.

I may not be happy about Turbine's decisions lately, but I'm sure not going to accuse them of deliberate dishonesty absent significant evidence.

and charging huge amount of platinum to respec simple enhancements, ED's changes, feat changes, so on so on.

This is not hard to see at all.
    This is ill intent & Turbine is to blame cause Warner Brothers own DDO now, they can scam and use the game for profit all they want, cause they are 100 percent owner of this game now.

You understand?
    "Scam" implies intent to commit fraud through subterfuge. Malice is not required. I see no evidence of this as Turbine is very open about both what it's supplying and charging. If anyone feels that pricing is too damn high, simply don't pay it.

We aren't discussing food, shelter or clothing here. There is nothing essential to living on the line. This is a game; pure entertainment. Have some perspective on the matter.
    The newest computer can merely compound, at speed, the oldest problem in the relations between human beings, and in the end the communicator will be confronted with the old problem, of what to say and how to say it. - Edward R. Murrow (1964)

I may not be happy about Turbine's decisions lately, but I'm sure not going to accuse them of deliberate dishonesty absent significant evidence.
    You do not remember all the bait and switch that we have seen? I won’t even go into the subject; you just finish your Kool-Aid.
    Flabby-Flaber-Flabo--Heifer-Oinks

LEGION

DD rolls are not a scam. There is no intent to deceive players with them. The dice rolls may or may not be weighted towards the lower end, but proving it is takes considerable evidence.

That said, Turbine IS notorious for underhanded marketing tactics. One great example is when they arbitrarily increased the xp curve for TRing; there was a huge backlash, so they then added xp pots to the DDO store. People quickly jumped to praise Turbine for doing so, forgetting that they ramped up the exp requirements in the first place.

If you really want to argue about "scams" in DDO, argue about the "Reroll Loot" button as being a scam. Even though I have profited far more through its use than what I have spent, I find the way they cleverly placed it in the exact spot where "Loot All" used to be to play off users' muscle memory and then "accidentally removed" the confirmation box when you click it (it was allegedly present on Lam, but then conveniently vanished on live) to be very underhanded and deceitful.
    Last edited by djl; 09-20-2013 at 09:42 AM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vint View Post
    You do not remember all the bait and switch that we have seen? I won’t even go into the subject; you just finish your Kool-Aid.
    I defend Turbine where I feel it is warranted, and I criticize them where I feel it is warranted. Those who interpret any reasonable statement towards Turbine as sycophancy are drinking their own flavor of Kool-Aid.

Community Member

Don't worry about it, I recommend you never ever touch the Gold Roll button and spend your 700 shards wisely on something else, or trade it.

You might come back and gotten a +5 tome, or something nice.. but you will be only 5 percent of the players that do... or 10 percent
    the other 81 percent

i refer to 1-81 rolls

will be scammed

greets
    lots of falsehoods or you have abysmal soul crushing luck and should never gambel

i spent about 1000 shards on gold rolls the day u19 came out i got xp pots(the6hr 30%type),supreme res cakes.. 3 +4 skill tomes bells angels tears raid timers ability buffs and a bunch of stuff like hot/cold shield pots.lvl20gh and haste pots and enough xp to pop almost 3 full ranks on a lvl18 3rd life

lol and you stat you just got 20 bells .....you sure about that lol really really sure, cause..................

the other 81 percent

i refer to 1-81 rolls

will be scammed

greets
    Have already started first 4 rolls (only 40 to go)

79 - Supreme Siberys Spirit Cake and 4000xp
    89 - 5 Major Slayer Count Boosts. and 5000xp
    27 - 5 Potions of Fire Shield (Warm). and 2000xp
    51 - 5 Elixirs of Angels Tears. and 3000xp

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567