Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Member

Default Well, thats the last of my astral shards...

I wont buy anymore, I wont use the astral shard auctionhouse, heres why.

95% of the shards ive made in this game through lucky rolls before they nerfed the daily roll, maybe a single auction and posiibly a buy of a few with tp are all now gone due to the chest reroll exploit combined with lag. I also once rolled a gold daily roll a 2nd time(1st was free, VIP) due to lag.

It has been my habit for YEARS to center the chest on my screen and use the mouse to doubleclick and open it, the new reroll "option" button pops up dead center on my screen and even the slightest bit of lag rerolls it, before I can even see whats in it.

The funny thing is now that all my shards have been exploited out of my grasp when I lag and it attemps a reroll it asks if I want to buy more shards, lol. Ill pass, any common decency would've required thet you put a similar dialog in when the button is clicked before shards are taken.

Im seriously against all the cheating going on lately in the game, ive made it clear that I find it pathetic, however if turbine has no respect for their own game and players why shouldn't players follow suit and exploit at will? Lack of honor may as well go full circle.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by 01000010 View Post

95% of the shards ive made in this game through lucky rolls before they nerfed the daily roll, maybe a single auction and posiibly a buy of a few with tp are all now gone due to the chest reroll exploit combined with lag. I also once rolled a gold daily roll a 2nd time(1st was free, VIP) due to lag.

It has been my habit for YEARS to center the chest on my screen and use the mouse to doubleclick and open it, the new reroll "option" button pops up dead center on my screen and even the slightest bit of lag rerolls it, before I can even see whats in it.
    Well there's your problem, stop doubleclicking.

I agree that there should be a confirmation dialog, but saying that your shards have been "exploited" because you clicked without thinking what buttons you were clicking on doesn't exactly stir my sympathy.

Community Member

Default exploit

This absolutely falls under the category of exploiting in my opinion, it is put in a position that increases the likelihood drastically of it being accidentally clicked, plain and simple. Oddly, I never used the loot all button that often, so that angle of exploit didn't get me.

Oh well, cant happen any more.

And I didn't click without thinking on any button, it was due to lag.

Community Member

I would very much like to hear your definition of the word "exploit", because you seem to be complaining about something like "low quality interface design" which is different.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Circon View Post
    I would very much like to hear your definition of the word "exploit", because you seem to be complaining about something like "low quality interface design" which is different.
    exploit = INTENTIONAL "low quality interface design" in order to cause the user to activate something they otherwise wouldn't.

Community Member

its a shameless moneygrab, or an exploit if you prefer.
    A confirmation dialog should be VERY easy to add, the dont do it cause they want ppl money even from a missclick.

Thats not a good sign for the wealth of the game

Community Member

exploit = INTENTIONAL "low quality interface design" in order to cause the user to activate something they otherwise wouldn't.
    They can nit pick semantics... but it was garbage like the re-roll button that encouraged me to look into other games. Currently spending my time in firefall.

Community Member

Is the lag moving your buttons or something? Because I'm not sure how lag is to blame for you clicking the wrong button. I frequently get lag when completing a quest (get favor -> pass a 100 mark -> turbine store updates with 25tp) and somehow I've never clicked the Reroll Button when opening the end chest.

The reroll button absolutely needs a confirmation, but I think you're exaggerating the scale of the problem.

I wont buy anymore, I wont use the astral shard auctionhouse, heres why....
    Once it was made clear that the reroll was going to be fixed Soon™ I used-up all the AS I had on gold rolls in order to "drop out" of the AS economy completely.

Garnered enough xp to finish a level on a bank toon, at least.

I agree that the reroll button should not be where the loot all button used to be and it should require a confirmation before spending your shards.

But, I just use the loot all key (b on my keyboard) and avoid the whole issue.
    Khyber -- Grubbby, Grubonon, Gralak, and all the gang of *grubs* in the Homeboys of Stormreach.

There should be a confirm box when you are buying anything, shards or tp.
    Member of "Guild of the Black Dragons" & "Swords of the Light" on Sarlona. Proud "Last" member of Caffeine - we aint stragicially savy.
    Kilthar-Tharr-Delkanthalus-Carissa-Mirasina-Ktara-Imara-Thistle-Tharissa-Robothar-Minithar-Miriella-Tharnessa-Tharisa

The funny thing is now that all my shards have been exploited out of my grasp when I lag and it attemps a reroll it asks if I want to buy more shards, lol. Ill pass, any common decency would've required thet you put a similar dialog in when the button is clicked before shards are taken.

Im seriously against all the cheating going on lately in the game, ive made it clear that I find it pathetic, however if turbine has no respect for their own game and players why shouldn't players follow suit and exploit at will? Lack of honor may as well go full circle.

Never happened to me. You must really be unlucky.