Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Default They got me too

OP: In some quests, my mouse pointer is automatically directed to hover over the "reroll loot" button. I move fast through quests and am used to automatically clicking - so Turbine, b/c of their lack of a confirmation dialogue box, dishonestly took my shards once. Now I move my mouse in any direction away from the chest, so that I don't click on that stupid, shard stealing idea.

However, I submitted an angry bug report and was rewarded with a like amount of Turbine Points. So while I continue to feel that not having a confirmation box is dishonest, I'm impressed they would return the shards in the form of TP.

I strongly recommend you write them and demand your shards back.

There should be a confirm box when you are buying anything, shards or tp.
    Proud member of Caffeine - we aint stragicially savy, but we get &@#$% done.

Kilthar-Thar-Delkanthalus-Carissa-Mirasina-Ktara-Imara-Thistle-Klunk-Robothar-Minithar-Tharissa-Miriella

Community Member

Sigh, some people truly believe these forums are their personal diary.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by SisAmethyst View Post
    I guess nobody say that it's a bad idea to be able to reroll for shards
    Actually I do.

Why?

Turbine now has a financial incentive to keep droprates low.

If droprates are high, nobody will re-roll.

After all, if you the item you're after drops often, why would you?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel_666 View Post
    Actually I do.

Why?

Turbine now has a financial incentive to keep droprates low.

If droprates are high, nobody will re-roll.

After all, if you the item you're after drops often, why would you?
    Drop rates are already low, and if you've been following the conversation around here, that's what people want. They want some sort of "endgame" that consists of grinding a couple quest endlessly to eventually pull some needless loot. Keeping drop rates low is clearly designed around the wants of the players.

Further, don't be silly. Random loot gen has too high of a drop rate, not too low, and that's all this button is good for.

I guess I must be doing it wrong, since I never accidentally hit that button since it came out.. I suppose my, you know, taking a *second* to see where I am before I click, or using U to open the chest during lag times is doing it wrong. I must play harder and think less!

Seriously? Calling it an exploit because you refuse to keybind, and feel that your complete lack of forethought to you know, take a moment to see where you are at before you click is suddenly a conspiracy to steal your shards? I got a bridge to sell you. For the record, rerolling loot for shards is a terrible idea in any case though.. you want the loot? Rerun the dang quest like we used to need to.

I defer to my sig.
    Science may be theory, but stupidity is proven.

Quote Originally Posted by Eistander View Post
    I guess I must be doing it wrong...
    I find this an other "it is a feature and doing it wrong is your own fault" posts very funny and very reminiscent of hardcore Apple fanboism (or Jobsians as I like to refer to them) where if anyone complained about the lack of a feature or how the UI was organized got yelled-down for not "getting it"...rapidly going as far as Eistander here and calling them stupid.

Even though I've never wasted shards this way I see the point of a confirmation box.

First - I was sad that an option to re-roll a chest was even added. However, I could see it as a natural progression of the Shard system

Second - I was disappointed that not only was the Re-Roll Button placed in the spot that shared where the old Loot All button was located, but that a confirmation was not added to help save users from themselves (potentially 6 years of "Muscle Training"

However, As a software developer I also know that even with a confirmation message enough people will still chose wrong and blame it on the system.

I'm sorry you are experiencing LAG at the time of looting chests.

When I saw this change on LAM I personally took it upon myself to notify all of my Guild on our forums of this issue as well as out line ways to avoid this, such as slowing down and using the "Existing" key map for loot all and even using the key map for interacting - I believe the default is "u".

All of this advice did appear in the General Forum, I just made sure that it made it to those in my Guild that do not spend time or can spend time here.

Turbine did this feature wrong, it could have been well received, but instead they made it too easy to use instead of siding on caution. However, about how many times does it take before we the user need to also take responsibility for doing the wrong thing when we know it is the wrong thing.

Community Member gordofgrayhawk's Avatar

So OP feels the need to respond to a lot of the feed back Humm?

Quote Originally Posted by Circon View Post
    The reroll button should have a confirmation popup to ask if you want to spend shards.
    This. And it has been asked for since well before this went live.

The game has a confirm window for buying points, for buying anything with those points, for recalling out of quests before completion, for looting bound items, for equipping bound items, for buying items from the AH or ASAH, etc......the list goes on.

Theres only one reason to NOT have a confirm window for reroll using shards.

/tinfoil hat, equip
    Are you sure you wish to equip the tinfoil hat? Equipping this item will bind it to this character.
    [Yes] [No]
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

I still think the simplest answer (especially now that we can't hide the shard display) would be to put a lock on the shard count. While the Shard count is locked, no shards can be spent.

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel_666 View Post
    ... After all, if you the item you're after drops often, why would you?
    That is a good question ... which chest is actually worth reroling? I honestly don't know, just that most random loot meanwhile may even outclass raid gear and in such masses that the vendors in Eveningstar can't get fast enough rid of them...
    * We have collectable bags, hell even hireling folders, but can I have that 6-pack for my potions please?
    * Having already a past life on the dieng EU servers, I rerolled here and started from scratch as I like the game and the community, so lets see what awaits me here

Default Contact Turbine

In the first few days of this new chest Re-roll option I clicked on it 2 or 3 times in epic lvl quests. I lost a bunch of shards. Since they are worth actual money I contacted Turbine and after about 2 weeks of asking them to give me shards back they finally gave me some TP for the trouble. I encourage others to do the same if you had this problem. It may encourage Turbine to add a confirmation screen as they really should. Moaning on the forums gets their attention but support requests from all directions gets some action.

Quote Originally Posted by TPICKRELL View Post
    I still think the simplest answer (especially now that we can't hide the shard display) would be to put a lock on the shard count. While the Shard count is locked, no shards can be spent.
    That's a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by 01000010 View Post
    I wont buy anymore, I wont use the astral shard auctionhouse, heres why.

95% of the shards ive made in this game through lucky rolls before they nerfed the daily roll, maybe a single auction and posiibly a buy of a few with tp are all now gone due to the chest reroll exploit combined with lag. I also once rolled a gold daily roll a 2nd time(1st was free, VIP) due to lag.

It has been my habit for YEARS to center the chest on my screen and use the mouse to doubleclick and open it, the new reroll "option" button pops up dead center on my screen and even the slightest bit of lag rerolls it, before I can even see whats in it.

The funny thing is now that all my shards have been exploited out of my grasp when I lag and it attemps a reroll it asks if I want to buy more shards, lol. Ill pass, any common decency would've required thet you put a similar dialog in when the button is clicked before shards are taken.

Im seriously against all the cheating going on lately in the game, ive made it clear that I find it pathetic, however if turbine has no respect for their own game and players why shouldn't players follow suit and exploit at will? Lack of honor may as well go full circle.

Never happened to me. You must really be unlucky.

When I get confirmation windows on all kinds of things that have no consequences, e.g. fate points I spend on twist of fate slots, but no confirmation windows on any of the "spend Astral Shards for X" boxes, it is pretty obvous to me that this is intentional. I would not call that an exploit, but IMHO omitting confirmation boxes for things that (indirectly) cost money is nothing but a cash grab attempt, and the logical reaction to this kind of thing is to not spend any money/TP on Astral Shards to prevent accidental spending.

In other words, I do not think I would mind spending money/TP on AS for occasional use, but I refuse to do that with the way AS transactions are currently handled.

Brand / Commerce Team QuartermasterX's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Circon View Post
    The reroll button should have a confirmation popup to ask if you want to spend shards.
    Absolutely agree. This will be added for chest reroll with U19.2.

Quote Originally Posted by QuartermasterX View Post
    ss or it didn't happen =P

Community Member gordofgrayhawk's Avatar

Come on Guy's/Gals the op is a troll, that's this has been hashed over and over (first time is a learning experience) if you are not the smartest you will burn Thur your astral diamonds that's it!

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by QuartermasterX View Post
    How do we get refunds in the mean time?

I mean heck, my wife blew all of her shards on golden lottery rolls that way she could NOT accidentally re roll for loot.

Me, I've screwed up one time so far and hit reroll.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast