Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,014

    Default Greensteel Khopeshes for Ranger Life?

    SO I'm getting ready to do a ranger life and my last step before TR is to make a couple of green steel khopeshes. I already have them made(and with a lovely stone of change force critical ritual, just for flavor :P). I've made up my mind that one will be an Aspect of Lightning II, but I can't really decide on the other.

    I've had Radiance II suggested, but a lot of mobs ignore fire, so I'm not sure if the occasional light damage/blindness is worth it. I was also looking at Tempered II, which I never hear suggested anywhere but appears to be an 80% chance for an extra 1d6 any elemental damage, which to me sounds pretty neat.

    And then of course there's always the option to just make a straight up triple-positive(Holy/Good Burst/Good Blast)which is very cheap from a materials standpoint. On the whole there are just so many options! Having never done a ranger life I don't really know what's best for a dual-khopeshing badass.

    So... does anyone have any thoughts?

  2. #2
    Community Member TheGuyYouKnow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    370

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HunterjWizzard View Post
    So... does anyone have any thoughts?
    the appeal of radiance is blinding your opponent (50% miss chance and allowing sneak damage), if you don't have a lot of sneak damage or already use deception on something already your better off going with something like a minII for coming up against dr (constructs and those enemies in running with the devils).

    you should also make 1 tripple pos mace or maul for undead
    Elemo IronCast - Patorikku Yama - Happyfruit Wardancer - Toysoldier - Wookiee ~Ghallanda~

  3. #3
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,014

    Default

    I can actually craft the un-nerfed version of holy as well as undead bane(even Greater Undead Bane) so undead will not be a challenge. I also don't find myself fighting all that many undead past level 10 or so.

    Now I am planning an 18 ranger/2 rogue build, but as it stands I don't have plans for anything with deception. I do think though I'd get more use out of the min II with it's DR bypassing, especially when I go sword and board on my later lives.

  4. #4
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,104

    Default

    Why not get the Cannith Challenge Kopesh?
    The lvl12 versions of those can bring you with ease through all heroic and are really fast to get.
    And with u20 you can bring them again down to minlvl 10 which is one of the best weapons available at that lvl.
    Taenebrae, Daemonsoul, Daemoneyes and Daemonheart of Argonessen
    Glitzakram - Trade Thread

  5. #5
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,014

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daemoneyes View Post
    Why not get the Cannith Challenge Kopesh?
    Because all of the "challenges" are a cruel mockery of fun and I will stop playing them game entirely if any further progress means doing another one of those insanely boring challenges. I've got a pile of government paperwork here I need to fill out... its more fun than any "challenge" in the game. My gosh, so insanely boring, how do you people not kill yourselves every single time you try to run one of those things?

    That was a rhetorical question. I don't want to know. No more talking about challenges here. Any discussion of challenges will be considered hijacking my thread. I am sick and tired of people thread-jacking me to talk about freaking challenges...

  6. #6
    The Hatchery Wipey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    EU
    Posts
    1,906

    Default

    I got pair of Lit2 khops, one with 30 hjeal amp, 2nd with 4 insight ac.
    Both things are good to have ( for heroics ), better than shock blast which is maybe 3 per hit.
    Human, ship , Levik's , 30 from khop, nice heal from serious pots, scrolls, wands or those new gold rolls pots.

    AC goes a long way in heroics.
    Shahang Nezhat Bellezza Wipekin Farida of Ghallanda

  7. #7
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,014

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Encair View Post
    I got pair of Lit2 khops, one with 30 hjeal amp, 2nd with 4 insight ac.
    Both things are good to have ( for heroics ), better than shock blast which is maybe 3 per hit.
    Human, ship , Levik's , 30 from khop, nice heal from serious pots, scrolls, wands or those new gold rolls pots.

    AC goes a long way in heroics.
    Oh that is certainly a thought, I never considered doing healing amp. I'm very concerned with self-healing and that might just make the difference at the higher levels.

    Since I tend to switch out weapons a lot I might do one as a standard lit2 and throw healing amp on the other. I take it the rest is just shock/good burst?

  8. #8
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,014

    Default

    Ok, so my understanding of TWF is if you have something like Metaline or Seeker on one, it applies to both... so what if I just crafted myself a Metaline khopesh to carry in 1 hand, then switched out between a few greensteels in the other, wouldn't I then have all the DR-breaking powers of Mineral II without the extra cost in mats?

    Then I could make a Lit2, triple pos, and carry along a flametouched metaline and be able to hack through just any kind of DR.

    Or am I misunderstanding TWF again?

  9. #9
    Community Member kuro_zero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,083

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Encair View Post
    I got pair of Lit2 khops, one with 30 hjeal amp, 2nd with 4 insight ac.
    Both things are good to have ( for heroics ), better than shock blast which is maybe 3 per hit.
    Human, ship , Levik's , 30 from khop, nice heal from serious pots, scrolls, wands or those new gold rolls pots.

    AC goes a long way in heroics.
    Lit2 with 30% heal amp isn't possible since the dual-shard uses the elemental (lightning) Tier3 effects over the Positive ones.

    Quote Originally Posted by HunterjWizzard View Post
    Ok, so my understanding of TWF is if you have something like Metaline or Seeker on one, it applies to both... so what if I just crafted myself a Metaline khopesh to carry in 1 hand, then switched out between a few greensteels in the other, wouldn't I then have all the DR-breaking powers of Mineral II without the extra cost in mats?

    Then I could make a Lit2, triple pos, and carry along a flametouched metaline and be able to hack through just any kind of DR.

    Or am I misunderstanding TWF again?
    Slight misunderstanding. Seeker bonuses apply to crits with any weapon(s) wielded regardless of source, be it main-hand, off-hand, or item. Metalline changes the damage characteristics of only the weapon itself, same with special material types like Flametouched, Adamantine, Silver, etc.

    Two LitII khopeshes and never looked back. Although, when dual-wielding I'm a stickler for symmetry.
    Officer of Disciples of the Apocalypse on Sarlona
    Himawari Life 3 - 1 FvS | Svipul Life 3 - 1 FvS | Chikaze Life 2 - 2 PAL / 2 MNK / 4 FVS
    Completionist Project: GLaDOS - Life 14 of ??: Bladeforged 'Zeus' - Started 22/02/14

  10. #10
    Community Member kuro_zero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,083

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HunterjWizzard View Post
    I can actually craft the un-nerfed version of holy as well as undead bane(even Greater Undead Bane) so undead will not be a challenge. I also don't find myself fighting all that many undead past level 10 or so.

    Now I am planning an 18 ranger/2 rogue build, but as it stands I don't have plans for anything with deception. I do think though I'd get more use out of the min II with it's DR bypassing, especially when I go sword and board on my later lives.
    DR breaking isn't as important as it used to be for a number of reasons:

    Artificer buffs
    Cannith crafted Material + Bane
    ED huge bonuses to melee damage (LD and FotW)
    Officer of Disciples of the Apocalypse on Sarlona
    Himawari Life 3 - 1 FvS | Svipul Life 3 - 1 FvS | Chikaze Life 2 - 2 PAL / 2 MNK / 4 FVS
    Completionist Project: GLaDOS - Life 14 of ??: Bladeforged 'Zeus' - Started 22/02/14

  11. #11
    The Hatchery Wipey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    EU
    Posts
    1,906

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kuro_zero View Post
    Lit2 with 30% heal amp isn't possible since the dual-shard uses the elemental (lightning) Tier3 effects over the Positive ones.
    You are right, that's what happens when you let your long time weapons rot in bank for too long and use Citw stuff instead.
    Sorry OP for bad info.
    Shahang Nezhat Bellezza Wipekin Farida of Ghallanda

  12. #12
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,014

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kuro_zero View Post
    Two LitII khopeshes and never looked back. Although, when dual-wielding I'm a stickler for symmetry.
    I'm with you on that one. But a Lit2 and triple pos is soooo tempting....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload