Community Member

Default Need verify on ML changes on VP Ioun Stone

Was farming Dreaming Dark for VP Ioun Stone, decided to check the crafting recipe. VP stone appears to now go from ML2 to ML28. DDOWIKI hasn't been updated to reflect this. Can anyone confirm the change?

Are you talking about the vibrant purple ioun stone that does archmagi? I just pulled my tr's out of the cache and it is still ml5. If newly upgraded ones are ml28 now I'd say that's probably a bug but I'm not going to farm another one to check it.

Scholar of Treasure Dragon.Star's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shalfi View Post
    Was farming Dreaming Dark for VP Ioun Stone, decided to check the crafting recipe. VP stone appears to now go from ML2 to ML28. DDOWIKI hasn't been updated to reflect this. Can anyone confirm the change?
    Myself and a Guildy just ran this last week and upgraded both a Vibrant Purple and Pale Lavender and the ML was 5 after upgrading.
    Guild: Ghallanda Rerolled
    Artamax - Cleandeath - Cleanup - Dragonbound - Draykon - Gully - Magestic - Tinbucket
    DDO Character Planner (Stable: Version 04.20.02) , Version 04.23.1 - Planner 5.0 Interface Discussion

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shalfi View Post
    The ML shown by the crafting recipes has always been off. They show how the ML would be changed if the item were a randomly generated item. However, Ioun Stones are not randomly generated, thus they don't follow the ML rules of normal items.

Community Member

Ty all for the info/explanations. Time to get back to farmin' :-/