Community Member

Default Newb Needs Advice on Crafting Armor

Greetings All,

I'll keep it simple. I'm a semi-newb (I wont go into definitions) and I purchased a set of Spiritcraft Chainmail Light Armor that is craftable. I am a ranger tempest 3/fighter 2/ rogue 2 (yes I know the second levels were wasted) and I want to craft the armor to my greatest benefit without any penalty to my dex bonus etc.

I would include a screen shot but I don't know how to do this as yet (hint, hint).

Any advice would be greatly appreciated as this is my first post to the forums and from what I've seen the communtity is very helpful and VERY knowledgable!

If someone could advise me how to show my toon on the forum I'll do so and will weigh up any advice proffered.

Thanks in advance,

Kallenai

Quote Originally Posted by I_Kalenai View Post
    Greetings All,

I would include a screen shot but I don't know how to do this as yet (hint, hint).
    Thanks in advance,

Kallenai
    Ctrl + P will capture a screenshot.
    Alt + Z will clear the bars and other stuff from your screen.
    The downward-pointing triangle on the upper-right of the launcher open a menu which includes Explore Screenshots Folder.

Copy screenshot to online service such as photobucket, then you can link it using [img] tags
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Community Member

Here is my first successful screendump to the forums. I'm sorry it's not too clear for reading but it should give the reader enough info on the light chain and toon stats to give advice on crafting.

Thanks hugely for your help Tscheuss!!
    Last edited by I_Kalenai; 09-15-2013 at 10:43 PM.
    A wise man said to know thysef, cos' in the end there's just you and the Beholder....

Community Member

1) When in game, press Ctrl + P to take a screenshot. It'll be saved to your C:/Users/[username]/Documents/Dungeons and Dragons Online. You can access this folder easily from DDO's launcher by clicking the green-squared icon in the picture below.

2) Upload the picture to an image hosting site like Photobucker or Imgur.

Then you can link the image or post it directly on the forums.

As far as your original question, a few things. First of all, nothing you can do crafting-wise has any negative impact on the max dex bonus or armor or shields. For details on exactly what affixes you can craft, check this thread: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ecipes-by-Gear and scroll down to the Armor section. Mobility, Life Shield, Invulnerability, and, if you're True Neutral alignment, Stability are all things I'd recommend. There are a bunch of other things you can add that will be useful as well, but it's easiest to just look at them yourself to see what you can use.

If you're relatively new to the game, you won't be able to do much with craftable items. You're far better off wearing the best armor you find until you either get a lot of crafting levels or TR or start a new character and need/want specific things for low levels.

Community Member

Invulnerability, is craftable oddly at a very low level of crafting skill and with that added to the armor, should not raise the magic level beyond the point where you couldn't wear it. When you are two levels higher than the level required by the armor, add a +1 shard to it. Two levels beyond that, you'll want to discard this armor completely for a new base. I expect as well by then, you'll also know a lot more and have found quite a few other armors that may well be better than what you could craft.